Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  203
Dislikes Dislikes:  3

Poll: Who wins Fury or Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I don't think there's anybody on this forum who would deny that after about 6 rounds it did not look very good for the Ukrainian. Fury was really doubling him over with body shots and smashing his face with uppercuts from outside and it did not look good at all and it looked like he was starting to break down. So it's pretty reasonable to think that after a few more rounds of that he could have stopped him. I can't figure out why Fury didn't continue punishing the body like that and why he didn't snap his job more. He really fought like garbage the second half of the fight but everyone has to agree that he totally dominated the first half of the fight. Who knows why it happened but in the end it was a pretty even fight and if it wasn't for that one round here Tyson would have definitely won it on points

I don't think there's any member of this forum that would deny that if that round that fury Got punished in had been an even round or just a normal round that Fury would have won the fight on points I just don't know why he didn't continue to use the strategy that he used for the first six rounds because it was very effective. The Ukrainian does not like those body shots at all and we saw Daniel du Bois really rock him with a body shot that he complained and he lied about was a low blow but if you watch the replay it was right on the beltline and I was saying that Fury should really punish him to the body and he was doing exactly what I thought he should do I just don't know why he stopped
    i deny what you're saying. tyson landed some good shots but he was not doubling oleksandr over. tyson did wobble oleksandr in the sixth from a good shot but i did not see oleksandr breaking down. there is no need for ifs, we all saw what happened, it's the reason championship fights are over a longer distance. as the saying goes tyson may have won the battle but he lost the war
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    That undisputed belt the Saudis came up with is predictably tacky but also remarkably cheap looking when you consider the Saudi sense of style.
    Tyson Fury had his nose broken and the blood vessel went up from his nose to underneath his eye from the one punch in the I think it was the 9th round or 8th round and after that he was never the same

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like when Muhammad Ali lost the fight to Ken Norton because he fought with a broken jaw

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like when Muhammad Ali lost the fight to Ken Norton because he fought with a broken jaw
    tyson is no ali. ali was also the heavier man in that fight. it's nothing like that, did i miss tyson breaking his jaw in this fight?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    tyson is no ali. ali was also the heavier man in that fight. it's nothing like that, did i miss tyson breaking his jaw in this fight?
    & the irony is oleksandr is the one who might have broken his jaw

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I'm saying that the lighterman the Ukrainian may have broken Tyson's nose or did some kind of damage with that one shot that hit him right on the point of the nose because immediately Tyson's blood vessel from the nose up to underneath the eye became purple and he started wincing and you could see that the punch to the nose did some kind of damage up towards his eye. You know when you get punched in the nose how you get a black eye. He was never the same after that one punch. So the lighter man the Ukrainian is just like Ken Norton who was also the lighter man so I think you're not getting the analogy I'm making

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I don't like that Tyson Fury said is that he didn't know that he was down and if somebody had told him that he was down he would have fought harder in the last two rounds but that is complete garbage. You're supposed to automatically fight harder in the last two rounds because you never know if you were up or down so it's nonsense for him to say that if he had known he was down that he would have fought harder. I don't know why he wasn't throwing more punches I don't know why he wasn't throwing 50 and 100 punches per round for the last two or three rounds. I don't understand why he didn't seem to put any effort into the last couple of rounds when he really needed to.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury did not try at all to finish this guy off a couple of times in the first six rounds he had him hurt and he was playing around too much and let him off the hook he was really destroying him with body shots and uppercuts. He could have finished them but he didn't do enough when he had him hurt a couple of times and once he had him hurt really bad why didn't he jump on him? and right then and knock him out
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 05-19-2024 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's fishy fight and when you think about the rematch clause it makes it even more fishy. Think about it if one of these guys had completely knocked the other one cold there really wouldn't be much of a reason for rematch would there be. Something weird why didn't Tyson Fury try to finish the guy off when he had him hurt a couple of times pretty bad in the first six rounds? And then the last two rounds why would he say he thought he was ahead and he didn't know that he should fight harder? None of that makes any sense I'm starting to think this whole thing is just to set up and the joke is on us. Definitely if Tyson Fury would have knocked the guy cold or vice versa that wouldn't be much of a need for a rematch and that would be billions of dollars lost wouldn't it be
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 05-19-2024 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there's no need for a rematch

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight should have been stopped in the 9th , that referee should never go near a title fight again.
    Lets face facts here.

Wvlad an old fighter who didn't like to get hit. yawn fest.
    Whyte b class
    Chisora B class.
    Wallin B class
    Wilder without his punch is a club fighter, a stumbling drunk has more technique.

As i said Usyk will hit fury more than anyone , and let us not forget Usyk is 37 years old.

Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 05-19-2024 at 06:51 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've rattled on for years about a quote Chris Eubank came out with called the killing time. Essentially knowing when the fight can be won and lost and being the one who recognises the presence of the killing time.

Usyk understands that more then anyone. The Joshua rematch when it looked like AJ was going to impose himself down the stretch. Usyk came out and took the wind out of his sails. Here it was even after 6 rounds with Fury having his most dominant round in the 6th. Usyk then went up a gear again and had the fight won in round 9 and 10. His awareness of what's going on around him and his ability to react and get done what needs to get done is second to none.

Fury thinks he won the fight. Par for the course. Pride, ego? Whatever it is he needs to let go of that and be honest with himself. He was second best and extremely lucky he didn't get stopped on his feet or cleaned out proper. The definition of madness and all that. If he doesn't acknowledge that he has work to do to turn this around in a rematch, he'll probably get taken out in style.

That said. Can anyone really seeing this being run back in October without a hitch?

A strange dynamic to this one. One of the rare occasions where I can't help by root for the away fighter. This was amplified by that mouthy cunt John laughing at Usyk when he thought he'd been cut by a clash of heads.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk is so good he defeated Fury twice in the same fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched it again totally sober.

Had Fury 2/3 up going into the eighth. Usyk by 1/2 clearly the right call. Basically the 9th round decided the fight.

Surprised at Fury not stepping it up when he clearly had his man hurt in the middle rounds.

I'll say it now I don't think we'll see him in the ring again. Can't see him lifting himself to come back from this.

Great fight though and not what I was expecting.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information