Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  205
Dislikes Dislikes:  3

Poll: Who wins Fury or Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Fury hairline nose fracture, ruptured blood vessels under the eye, effects equilibrium and vision, thus the 9th round happened. Usyk got lucky and hit the very tip of his nose where that blood vessel ends, causing that subcutaneous hemmhorage up to and under the eye of Fury.
    Yep he got lucky. Lucky punch . I thought that’s what boxers are supposed to do ? But no , he just closed his eyes and got lucky.
    Funny because the punch stats say that Usyk got lucky a lot, he was twice as accurate as Fury.
    What’s the saying? The harder I work, the more luck I get.

Lucky?
    Definitely had his eyes closed if you see it from the reverse camera angle. Anyway you've got quite the audacity posting in that manner especially after you were so quote unquote generous from deep down in your heart to try to give Fury the benefit of the doubt and some of the rounds. That type of generosity cannot be overlooked at all. commendable!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury hairline nose fracture, ruptured blood vessels under the eye, effects equilibrium and vision, thus the 9th round happened. Usyk got lucky and hit the very tip of his nose where that blood vessel ends, causing that subcutaneous hemmhorage up to and under the eye of Fury.
    Yep he got lucky. Lucky punch . I thought that’s what boxers are supposed to do ? But no , he just closed his eyes and got lucky.
    Funny because the punch stats say that Usyk got lucky a lot, he was twice as accurate as Fury.

Lucky?
    Definitely had his eyes closed if you see it from the reverse camera angle. Anyway you've got quite the audacity posting in that manner especially after you were so quote unquote generous from deep down in your heart to try to give Fury the benefit of the doubt and some of the rounds. That type of generosity cannot be overlooked at all. commendable!
    Being generous to Fury was to prove I have an open mind and to see if I could possibly be wrong………..but I wasn’t!
    I don’t need to falsify facts and call the person I don’t think will win schoolboy childish names to mask the fact that I got it wrong and prove a lack of boxing knowledge.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucky?
    Being generous to Fury was to prove I have an open mind and to see if I could possibly be wrong………..but I wasn’t!
    I don’t need to falsify facts and call the person I don’t think will win schoolboy childish names to mask the fact that I got it wrong and prove a lack of boxing knowledge.
    Haha listen to that cock Crow

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone who had the fight closer than three points ahead for oleksandr is biased
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    What about four points ahead?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a fair score. did you post your score during the fight? mine is there while it happened live
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a fair score. did you post your score during the fight? mine is there while it happened live
    Sugar Ray Leonard scored a draw. You'd have to be snorting comet cleanser to give the Ukrainian four points over

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have not watched a fight so many times. This one is close 7-5 either way but mainly Usyk winner because of the knockdown which makes a difference.

Usyk was stronger, Fury lost vital rounds messing about and spent too long on the ropes.

Usyk had power and injured Fury nose in the first round.

The rematch will be another close and compelling contest.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me too. Three times now and a few highlight reels.

I'm like a broken record but the end of the ninth decided it. Three point swing.

Can fury win the rematch. Yes
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk won when it mattered.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Usyk won when it mattered.

Can't disagree with that

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I'm like a broken record but the end of the ninth decided it. Three point swing.

I wouldn't write him off, not for a second. But put a gun to my head and I say Fury can't do that again. He can't summon that sort of effort and will again. In the same way that Michael Brodie couldn't live with In Jin Chi the second time around. The first time around they were supernatural and punched one another to a standstill. You straight away got the impression that Chi could do it again, probably the next day. Brodie had emptied the tank and couldn't go again.

It's not just the 36 minutes with Usyk that is so physically and mentally draining. It's the camp he'll have to go through. No doubt as is generally the case we'll have a hiccup or a niggle that means it gets put back. It's all time that I think Fury can't afford to lose.

He came in looking in great shape no doubt about that. But I'm not so sure he was in great shape. I know we all saw slightly different fights. What I saw was a Tyson Fury that had 5/6 rounds of output in him. I think the well might be dry.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I wouldn't write him off, not for a second. But put a gun to my head and I say Fury can't do that again. He can't summon that sort of effort and will again. In the same way that Michael Brodie couldn't live with In Jin Chi the second time around. The first time around they were supernatural and punched one another to a standstill. You straight away got the impression that Chi could do it again, probably the next day. Brodie had emptied the tank and couldn't go again.

It's not just the 36 minutes with Usyk that is so physically and mentally draining. It's the camp he'll have to go through. No doubt as is generally the case we'll have a hiccup or a niggle that means it gets put back. It's all time that I think Fury can't afford to lose.

He came in looking in great shape no doubt about that. But I'm not so sure he was in great shape. I know we all saw slightly different fights. What I saw was a Tyson Fury that had 5/6 rounds of output in him. I think the well might be dry.
    100% have to agree with this. He looked shot. He looked like Wilder looked after the third fight. You just get the feeling he has nothing left inside. The way his face looked when he did the Muhammad Ali impersonation early on, it looked like a comical kind of old man's face and it didn't have the same fire it didn't have the same aggressive aggression it didn't have the same anger like he showed against Wilder. There was nothing intimidating about him this time. He didn't look like a power puncher anymore like he did against Wilder. You wonder if he has anything left inside.

Quack quack the duck Primo carnera you may agree or disagree with this but I do have to say that at 6 ft 9 in tall and 300 lb, pounding the pavement running 3 miles or 4 miles every day for all these years and now at the age of 35 or 36 that might be all that his big skeleton can take. I agree that he may not have it left in him anymore to do anything but a couple of minor fights and then hang it up

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said he can win the rematch but no I don't think he has it in him either. He's not shot by any means but he won't be as confident. Then again I don't think he'll take it unless he thinks he can win. But all the mouthiness about how usyk was too small etc.... Not sure how he'll be able to conduct himself this time round in the build up.

Though given how close it was he has to go for it. In a rematch I'd expect a usyk stoppage win or maybe fury quit on his stool but a fury ko win or UD wouldn't exactly be a surprise

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar Ray Leonard scored a draw. You'd have to be snorting comet cleanser to give the Ukrainian four points over
    then he was biased

Thread Information