Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What must PBF do to gain respect?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What must PBF do to gain respect?

Quote Originally Posted by clean
    Leonard high tailed it out of 140 to avoid Aaron Pryor
    No he didn't. Leonard was never a 140 pounder to begin with. He started as a welterweight, and was a welterweight for years before Aaron Pryor became a big name at 140.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    I havent been on Saddo's all weekend, so when i logged on today i thought i'd be seeing threads full of respect for Floyd. But to my astonishment the majority of posts are still putting him down and making it sound as tho his win against Hatton was a nothing victory. It is sickening.
    Floyd faced a 43-0 two weight champ who was backed by many on this forum to win and ko'd him spectacularly.
    It used to be Hatton would destroy PBF.
    Now all i here is that Cotto would destroy Floyd.
    So if Floyd beats Cotto, (which im almost certain he would), who will be next?

There will be posters on here sayin Cotto was overrated, Floyd hasnt beat Williams yet.
    then
    Williams was just tall, Floyd hasnt beat Margarito yet.
    then
    Margarito was a glorified journeyman, Floyd hasnt beat Klitschko yet.

Why dont u guys give PBF some respect?
    What must PBF do to gain respect?

For crying out loud!!!!!!!! to fight the top WW guy that is all. For me it was Mosley but Cotto beat Mosley so for him to fight Cotto then and I will personally dirve PBF "MOney Mayweather" wagon once he beats a real elite WW. Just that nothing more 1 moreFUCKING fight.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is clearly the #1 PFP fighter in the sport, and is clearly the best fighter of the decade so far.

However, if he wants to consider one of the greatest fighters ever, he needs to stay active. He's in the best division in all of boxing, and therefore he has potential opponents who can enhance his legacy.

An all-time great takes on an opponent like Cotto and beats him.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well this all depends on the answer to this question .....

HOW MUCH RESPECT DOES FLOYD WANT?

If he wants to be recognized as "The Greatest Fighter of All-Time" then he has a TON of work to do at 147-154 and maybe even 160 and yeah I think he could fight there vs some smaller or slower guys.

...if he just wants to be one of the greats then he's pretty set right now but could really solidify his place in history by once and for all UNIFYING A DIVISION.
    And if he unifies a division you'll say thats not enough he should win a MW championship.
    So he does that against a lesser MW and u say he should have fought Pavlik.
    So he does that and gets KTFO and u say he was overrated and not that great.

The point is he'll never impress guys like u cos u hate on him.
    ...no I am reasonable...if he wants to be "The Greatest of All-Time" he honestly has not done enough...Ray Robinson, Hank Armstrong, Willie Pep all did a lot more than Floyd and I don't only mean in terms of fights had, I mean in titles, victories, etc....sure there was only 1 title per weight class back then but that only meant they HAD to fight the best.....Floyd has options right now and if he didn't he would have had some tougher fights.

If he just wants to be "A Great" then he's already up there....if that's not enough respect for what Floyd has done then hell I don't know what to say other than too bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Floyd is clearly the #1 PFP fighter in the sport, and is clearly the best fighter of the decade so far.

However, if he wants to consider one of the greatest fighters ever, he needs to stay active. He's in the best division in all of boxing, and therefore he has potential opponents who can enhance his legacy.

Another way to put it
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clean
    Leonard high tailed it out of 140 to avoid Aaron Pryor
    No he didn't. Leonard was never a 140 pounder to begin with. He started as a welterweight, and was a welterweight for years before Aaron Pryor became a big name at 140.
    Actually, you're both correct. Leonard did begin as a welterweight, but had three fights that were sanctioned to allow an overweighing of jr. lightweight, (similar to how some fights now are made at a catch weight). That being said, he ducked the SH!T out of Pryor, as Aaron was more than willing to meet him at welterweight. Proof:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/491146412...garrayleonard/

SigmaMu Guest

Very well said. CC

ICB Guest

I havent been on Saddo's all weekend, so when i logged on today i thought i'd be seeing threads full of respect for Floyd. But to my astonishment the majority of posts are still putting him down and making it sound as tho his win against Hatton was a nothing victory. It is sickening.
    Floyd faced a 43-0 two weight champ who was backed by many on this forum to win and ko'd him spectacularly.

There will be posters on here sayin Cotto was overrated, Floyd hasnt beat Williams yet.
    then
    then

He had my respect when he beat G. Hernandez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker

then
    then

Is it just me or are there more PBF haters on here than ever? He demolished Hatton and ppl rate him less?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe if he didn't have questionable wins (Castillo 1, and ODLH) and did not have a big mouth. Sure, I admit he's an overall good fighter but other than that, I don't know.

That is why I like Pac. He has won against Mexican fighters and it bums me out but still, he is not talking the way Floyd does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    I haven't been on Saddo's all weekend, so when i logged on today i thought i'd be seeing threads full of respect for Floyd. But to my astonishment the majority of posts are still putting him down and making it sound as tho his win against Hatton was a nothing victory. It is sickening.

then
    then

Is it just me or are there more PBF haters on here than ever? He demolished Hatton and ppl rate him less?
    OMG I hate repeating my self:

Hatton is a great boxer but not a true WW he is the best 140 pounder no doubt but at 147 is Cotto. So all the criticism of Floyd is to ask Hatton to come up to 147 insted of doing 2 things, once is challenge the top WW witch is Cotto at the Moment or go down to 140 where Ricky is the Best.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to give him my respect. I never thought he would KO Hatton. I never said anything bad about him, but I never gave him any credit. As far as I am concerned, PBF is #1 p4p. He really impressed me from the KO.

Thread Information