Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Fighter of the Decade" Rankings

I love Calzaghe, the guy is a legend, but he's not even close to Floyd over the last decade.

Truth be told I'd put Pacquaio above him for the whole decade too. Knocking out Barrera and Morales plus a win over Marquez and world titles in 3 weight classes.

He fought everybody and beat them all.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I vote John Ruiz.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is the fighter of the decade, and I don't think it's even up for debate.

The real debate is where people slot in behind him. I don't list Jones high, because he was only elite for the first 3-4 years of the decade. He belongs more on a list for top fighters of 90s.

If Pacquiao either beats DLH or looks very very good in defeat, I'd have him at #2. No offense to Calzaghe, but his opposition doesn't match up to Manny's.

I rank Billy Dib 10,374th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Floyd is the fighter of the decade, and I don't think it's even up for debate.

The real debate is where people slot in behind him. I don't list Jones high, because he was only elite for the first 3-4 years of the decade. He belongs more on a list for top fighters of 90s.

If Pacquiao either beats DLH or looks very very good in defeat, I'd have him at #2. No offense to Calzaghe, but his opposition doesn't match up to Manny's.

I rank Billy Dib 10,374th.
    Take it you like Dib then i don't think he is that good

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    -Undefeated, Untouched. Whether or not he fought everybody he couldor not doesn't change the fact that he beat some very good fighters in very convincing fashion.
    Shane Mosely
    This man was a Lightweight ten years ago. A lightweight that could well have given Chavez and even Duran hell. What he has achieved since is merely supplementary to Shane's Lightweight greatness.
    Oscar De la Hoya
    His better days saw him provide some scintilating fights, rarely losing. Great fighter.
    Bernard Hopkins
    Can't say anything about Bernard, let him tell his own story, he's doing it well.
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Beat Morales twice, beat Marquez, destroyed the Prince, assasinated egeryone he met in his prime and past it went the distance with Manny Pac.
    Winky Wright
    Inherited greatness in the way he shut down two other greats, Trinidad and Mosley.
    Lennox Lewis
    Hindsight is a blessing.
    Joe Calzaghe
    Perhaps the greatest thinker in the past ten, rivalled only by Mayweather and Lewis.
    Felix Trinidad
    Raw greatness.
    Roy Jones Jr.
    -We saw Roy at his most dominant within the past ten years.
    Unfortuantely we also saw those heavy defeats, but the best Roy Jones Junior was active within the past ten years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    -Undefeated, Untouched. Whether or not he fought everybody he couldor not doesn't change the fact that he beat some very good fighters in very convincing fashion.
    Shane Mosely
    This man was a Lightweight ten years ago. A lightweight that could well have given Chavez and even Duran hell. What he has achieved since is merely supplementary to Shane's Lightweight greatness.
    Oscar De la Hoya
    His better days saw him provide some scintilating fights, rarely losing. Great fighter.
    Bernard Hopkins
    Can't say anything about Bernard, let him tell his own story, he's doing it well.
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Beat Morales twice, beat Marquez, destroyed the Prince, assasinated egeryone he met in his prime and past it went the distance with Manny Pac.
    Winky Wright
    Inherited greatness in the way he shut down two other greats, Trinidad and Mosley.
    Lennox Lewis
    Hindsight is a blessing.
    Joe Calzaghe
    Perhaps the greatest thinker in the past ten, rivalled only by Mayweather and Lewis.
    Felix Trinidad
    Raw greatness.
    Roy Jones Jr.
    -We saw Roy at his most dominant within the past ten years.
    Unfortuantely we also saw those heavy defeats, but the best Roy Jones Junior was active within the past ten years.

pretty much the same if you take out calzaghe and put in pacman. what about glen johnson he had some good fight with woods and even beat tarver the first time they met.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    pretty much the same if you take out calzaghe and put in pacman. what about glen johnson he had some good fight with woods and even beat tarver the first time they met.
    Pacman doesn't need to be in this list.
    The fact is Pac is still going, still forging his legacy, although I do believe his weight jump for DLH is ill fated, he can return to 130 and forge a legacy all of his own that will see him No.1 on a list similar to this in ten years time.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After giving this post some thought and putting my mind to it, here's my list.... I just didn't throw this list out of no where I gave it some thought and put it together... I changed it about 13 times before I came to this conclusion.

1. PBF
    2. SSM
    3. B-Hop
    4. ODLH
    5. MAB
    6. Lennox
    7. Winky
    8. PAC
    9. Calzaghe
    10. JMM

XaduBoxer Guest

I reviewed each of the "Fighter of the Decade" rankings submitted here and I observed that it's only PAC (and Erik) who has multiple wins with other boxers included in the "Fighter of the Decade" rankings... (You can also consider Erik with wins over MAB and PAC)... PAC with wins over Erik, MAB and JMM... Or maybe I just missed the multiple wins by other "Fighter of the Decade" boxers...

With PAC multiple wins over other boxers considered as "Fighters of the Decade", does this mean PAC is the no. 1 "Fighter of the Decade"?

Thread Information