Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default head movment?

Been working on my head movment latley and i watched a freddie roach training dvd the other day and he says that 90% of the time if you finish a combination on left hook then youre opponents counter would be the right hand so you would roll under it and step out to youre left and like wise if you finish on a right hand then youre opponent is most likley to throw a left hand and you should roll under and to your right is this true?I didnt know this and i seem to have developed a bad habbit of trying to roll to my right after throwing the left hook which im trying to correct now.Does anyone know any good drills that i can practice on my own to make this become more automatic?
    Last edited by cocobeware; 01-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: head movment?

you roll to the opposite of the leg your weight is on. you transfer your weight to your right with the left hook, so you roll under left. and vice versa.

simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: head movment?

What Von said is true, but I also think it depends on what style of fighter you are. If you are a pressure/Insider fighter who like throw Left Hooks to the head and body and Uppercuts, bobbing and weaving is ideal (or as you put it "rolling".

If you throw the Left Hook and your opponent throws a Cross, Bob and weave to your left underneath the Cross. This is if you're an Inside fighter type.

However, if you're more like an Outside Fighter type, like the style I used to spar in, you'll move in with the Left Hook, and side step to the right after throwing it to avoid getting hit by the Cross. No need for unnecessary bobbing and weaving, especially if you're a taller guy.

That's my advice.

Thread Information