Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Super Six Follow Live Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I Lust For Violent D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Then you did have Froch winning 114-113 or did you have an even round? Don't forget the point deduction
    How did you see it Killersheep?

On reflection I don't think either deserved to win, Froch looked sloppy, missed wildly and used rough house tactics, but constantly pressed the fight and was the aggressor throughout.

Dirrell made Froch looked slow and ungainly and dodged a lot of the punches thrown, but did very little offensively, backpeddled virtually the entire fight and held an awful lot.

On the plus sides.

Froch once again showed a real will to win and a hunger. He kept coming forward, wanting to make a fight of it.

Dirrell showed excellent movement, sharp quick counterpunching and a great defence.

Ultimately its always been said you need to wrest the belt off the champion and in no way did Dirrell do that, he did a great job of surviving and looked extremely comfortable in fact, but he didn't comeback with much except in a couple of rounds where he clearly looked the sharper.

I think Dirrell could have won if he would have engaged more, although then I guess he would fighting Carl's fight giving him better chances too.

I'm just pumped for Froch Arthur, I believe that is next?

That will be a war. I think Abraham does most things better than Carl, but Abraham isn't as fast or elusive as Jermain and Andre so Froch will be able to get his punches off too. Great matchup.
    Nope, Froch has to fight Kessler next.
    Hmm will be a tough ask for Froch. Kessler has perfect fundamentals, a strong jab and is very tough and durable.

It's really hard to see how Froch wins that imo barring a shock ko, but in truth its more likely Froch who gets beaten up.

I guess its possible the slower pace will suit him though. But Froch is simply to 'incorrect' in his fighting style to keep beating top fighters.

It's not like he has devastating Tyson power to bail him out either, I think Abraham hits harder, and Kessler just as hard.

Tough fight for Froch, but in fairness to him no fighter who has engaged with him has beat him, Dirrell showed you can make him miss repeatedly and keep out of trouble if you're fast and run, but he didn't put any pressure on Froch, so I'm sure Froch will be his usual bullish self coming into the fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I really feel for Dirrell here. This is a terrible decision. I was cheering for Froch, but he should be embarrassed to get the win here.
    Really? Dirrell did alot of running and holding. I'm not sure you can win a world title on fantastic defence. Froch didn't do much either. I don't think you could complain either way. It was close in that nothing fucking happened.
    Yes.

Dirrell won the fight in every scored category.

Clean punching? Dirrell by a mile

Effective aggression? I felt Dirrell was by far more effective, though Froch was more aggressive. For the sake of argument I'll call this one a wash even though I feel Dirrell should get the nod

Ring Generalship? Froch did little more that chase Dirrell around the ring, the fight was fought mainly in the center of the right, and Dirrell chose the terrain most of the fight. I give this to Dirrell as well.

Defense? Dirrell by a mile.

I honestly don't see how anyone could have Froch winning. Did Dirrell run and hold? Yes, but he was only penalized one point and even doing both those things he won the majority of the rounds. Froch was far dirtier than Dirrell IMO, throwing him to the ground, headlocking him, and rabbit punching him at every opportunity. Nonetheless, the only way those things should factor into the fight is when a point is taken; they were never so blatant in this fight that they should be something that decides a round.

Froch didn't deserve more than 2 or three rounds IMO. I think earlier I said the most I could see being justifiable was 4, but that's a stretch.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

How did you see it Killersheep?

On reflection I don't think either deserved to win, Froch looked sloppy, missed wildly and used rough house tactics, but constantly pressed the fight and was the aggressor throughout.

Dirrell made Froch looked slow and ungainly and dodged a lot of the punches thrown, but did very little offensively, backpeddled virtually the entire fight and held an awful lot.

On the plus sides.

Froch once again showed a real will to win and a hunger. He kept coming forward, wanting to make a fight of it.

Dirrell showed excellent movement, sharp quick counterpunching and a great defence.

Ultimately its always been said you need to wrest the belt off the champion and in no way did Dirrell do that, he did a great job of surviving and looked extremely comfortable in fact, but he didn't comeback with much except in a couple of rounds where he clearly looked the sharper.

I think Dirrell could have won if he would have engaged more, although then I guess he would fighting Carl's fight giving him better chances too.

I'm just pumped for Froch Arthur, I believe that is next?

That will be a war. I think Abraham does most things better than Carl, but Abraham isn't as fast or elusive as Jermain and Andre so Froch will be able to get his punches off too. Great matchup.
    Regardless of who wins b/t Kessler and Ward?
    Yep, it doesn't matter who wins. All the matches for the first three rounds have already been set. Win or lose it doesn't matter. The only thing that will change it, is if someone leaves the tournament, and with what I just posted about Taylor in another thread, it's very possible that he could be out.

In case you didn't read it. I'll post it again.

Dan Rafael
    (11:02 PM)

Hey guys, I'm back. That was Lou DiBella on the phone from Germany.

Lou said Jermain had a severe concussion and is in the hospital for precautionary reasons. He has had short term memory loss. Lou said he'll stay in the hospital for several days as a precaution. No decision has been made about his future in the tournament.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, it doesn't matter who wins. All the matches for the first three rounds have already been set. Win or lose it doesn't matter. The only thing that will change it, is if someone leaves the tournament, and with what I just posted about Taylor in another thread, it's very possible that he could be out.

Dan Rafael

Lou said Jermain had a severe concussion and is in the hospital for precautionary reasons. He has had short term memory loss. Lou said he'll stay in the hospital for several days as a precaution. No decision has been made about his future in the tournament.
    I'd much rather see Allan Green get knocked out than Jermaine Taylor, so I won't complain if he draws in. Shame to see Taylor take the brutal KO's he's been taking though, he should just walk away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Dirrell really made a name for himself with that fight. The kid comes in at 25 goes across the pond and fought a great fight against a pretty experienced champ in his backyard (Dirrell won in my opinion). He wobbled Froch at least twice.

He even admitted before the fight he was pretty nervous.......I didnt really know too much about Dirrell before the fight but I will follow him here on out.....He seems like a pretty humble kid too.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dan Rafael

I'd much rather see Allan Green get knocked out than Jermaine Taylor, so I won't complain if he draws in. Shame to see Taylor take the brutal KO's he's been taking though, he should just walk away.
    Yeah - I hope Jermaine calls it a day. I hope he saved his millions and can take it easy. The guy was always a class act and I would hate to see him get KO'd again........

I would rather see Allan get KO'd as well....haha
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I haven't watched the Froch fight yet, but sounds like he got a bullsh1t decision. Even though I picked him to win (and Abraham ) I've always said I didn't rate him a World level.

Thread Information