Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Friday the 13th, FNF!

Well the first round was worth the wait. Got a lot of family in Rocky Ford and Pueblo, so I gotta support Cordova.

I think Cordova edged the first round, either way is fair though even a 10-10

Cordova 10-9

Teddy Hack 7:04 PST
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I think Arreola could actually get down to Cruiser and be in phenomenal shape, I do think he's carrying that much extra weight around.

At any rate Sharipova sounds interesting when she's playing (on ESPN2 now)
    Those legs! I wouldnt mind the tennis going long if it was her instead of Federer. This looks like it may be a good match.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another close round, Lopez putting the lead in more often, blood from the mouth of Cordova and he looks a little crumbly in the closing exchange of the round.

round 2: 10-9 Lopez

19 all
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not an Arreola fan, well not that arreola at least. Kinda hoping Quezada sparks him so we can see him cry again.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No work tomorrow, but I can't get damn ESPN to work on the TV so gotta watch it through a stream. If Quezada doesn't put up any resistance I will be mucho annoyed. Still think Arreola should beat him handily, despite him turning up as he did.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3

Cordova's answers for Lopez are getting fewer and fewer . The pace slows in the 2nd minute. turns into a jab contest. Lopez lands a few power shots with 30 seconds left. Cordova is taking too much time laying on the ropes. Another good exchange at the end of the round. Lopez looked slightly sharper but like the 1st round not much between them

10-9 Lopez

29-28 Lopez

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4

Cordova drops his guard a bit and Lopez tattoos him with jabs. Lopez starts to unload and Cordova isn't throwing anything back. A low blow stems the tide. Lopez comes right back to work. Cordova now lands an uppercut. They trade. Cordova having success with the jab and then backs into the ropes. Lopez mixing body and head shots. Cordova's mouth is open and he's not keeping his hands up. Cordova finishes with a sharp right hook, but it's too little too late.

10-9 Lopez

39-37 Lopez

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 5

Cordova straight back to the ropes, then starts circling and pumping the jab. Lopez pins him on the ropes and lands some great shots. Cordova tries to fight his way off the ropes, but eats a strong left hook for his effort. Cordova gets away and backs up to another sides ropes. He's trying to slip shots, but he's not fooling anyone. Cordova lands a great body shot, but Lopez continues his attack. Cordova trying to keep Lopez off a jab then starts flurries, but hits nothing but gloves.

10-9 Lopez

49-46 Lopez

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola weighs 4 pounds heavier then the Adamek fight...

he can't even get in shape for ESPN.. he's beyond done even if he wins.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badr_hari View Post
    Arreola is a joke. Klitschko and Adamek gave him the lesson and his face will be busted up like that everytime he fights someone from the top 15. His biggest win is a 39 years old out of his prime McCline who was coming off 3 losses in his last 4 fights. Never seen this Quezada guy before, but considering the fact that he is fighting Arreola, there are chances for him to take the win.
    At least he's exciting and willing to fight the best in the division, which is more than you can say for pretty much ever other heavyweight today.

When fighter's stop getting credit for "Fighting the best" and start getting credit for "fighting and preparing for the best" then maybe lazy power punch good chin fighters like Arreola will take themselves seriously.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6

Back to the ropes again for Cordova. Cordova spins off the ropes and lands a few shots. Lopez jabbing his way in. Cordova starting to make an impression putting his punches together. Short right hand stuns Cordova. Cordova spins out of the corner and starts pressing. Lopez jabs in both guys land hard rights. Lopez is hurt and runs away, the bell rings before Cordova can capitalize on it.

10-9 Cordova

58-56 Lopez

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My stream is absolutely terrible, I think I'm gonna call it a night. About 6FPS so off to bed for me. All the best guys, I'll scan over Cris' win in the morning.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 7

Cordova starts out coming forward for the first time in the fight. Lopez is backing off trying to counter and gets warned for punching behind the head. Lopez slips. Cordiva loading up his shots now. Lopez's shots seem to have very little left. Cordova slows down and gets caught with a hook that knocks his mouthpiece out. Lopez getting a second wind now, charging in. Cordova lands a big lunging left. good counter by Lopez wins the round for me just before the bell.

10-9 Lopez

68-65 Lopez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pretty excited about this weekend's fights. looking forward to seeing josesito lopez fight marvin cordova jr.. should be a good scrap and hoping lopez wins the fight.

chris arreola is a friggn' waste!!! i WAS a fan of his until he fought adamek then i rooted for adamek because he is a true warrior. arreola is too lazy i believe, to ever become more than a fringe contender. his next loss will put him at journeyman, unless he gets serious about training for his fights. sad because i believe he could someday be a very good boxer at the highest level if he would only train seriously.

other fights i'm looking forward to are:

miguel vazquez vs. ji hoon kim. i'll be rooting for vazquez but i think kim takes this one. this guy (kim) is absolutely relentless and i don't think vazquez will be able to slow him down. kim by KO.

chad dawson vs. jean pascal. now this is a great fight! gotta go with the taller, more technical dawson but it wouldn't surprise me if pascal wins. he's a really good up and comer. dawson by SD.

miguel angel garcia vs. cornelius lock. this will be garcia's toughest opponent in his young career. if he can pass this test with flying colors he could possible fight for a title late in the year. but lock is no joke himself. he is a very dangerous puncher who could possible KO the young garcia. garcia will be slightly favored to win but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if lock pulled off the upset.

donnie nietes vs. mario rodriguez. a classic philippines vs. mexico showdown. i think nietes is a very underrated champion. the guy is good but doesn't get very much attention. what a pity! but why oh why is he fighting a 10-5 fighting in rodriguez? this is a step down in competiton for nietes as i believe he should win by wide UD or KO. i think there are much better fighters than rodriquez. a nietes raul garcia scrap would have been interesting and definitely more exciting!

your thoughts?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its the refried beans, and beer. That will ruin any diet.

Thread Information