Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Klitschko v Adamek

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I would just like to point out that you don't hear Adamek talking shit about bad/unfair contracts, being treated like a slave, all the fans he has (and he does have quite a few), and so on...Adamek conducts himself like a fighter and I respect him for it, he's going to get an ass whuppin' but he's man enough to take it if it comes to that.
    Wonder why Wlad isn't fighting against Adamek on July 2nd. He'll be ready by then apparently.

Also, why fight Adamek in Poland but not Haye in England?

I know what you're saying Lyle, but Adamek isn't a champion and doesn't have a better offer on the table like Haye did when he wasn't a champion. To be fair, did Valuev bitch and moan that Haye was disrespectful in negotiations? There are 2 sides to every story, and while I like you as a poster, when it comes to Wlad you're blind to anyone elses side.
    #1 Adamek wants a tune up fight in September plus the Europa soccer deal is going on around October and they think this fight will draw in about 62,000 fans.

#2 62,000 fans in the seats PLUS tv money.

#3 Fighters who sign with Sauerland only complain when Sauerland doesn't get his cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko v Adamek

Wonder why Wlad isn't fighting against Adamek on July 2nd. He'll be ready by then apparently.
    Wasn't July 2nd chosen at the request of UK TV? Hint: neither Adamek nor Klitschko are British, nor will they fight in Britain. And the stadium in Poland may not be ready by then.

Money. AFAIK Poland was suggested by Klitschko himself. He said something that it is closer for Ukrainian fans than Germany but most probably people responsible for the promotion of the new football stadium in Wroclaw offered some serious cash to host this fight. And I have no illusions that the bulk of this money will come from the pocket of Polish taxpayers

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would just like to point out that you don't hear Adamek talking shit about bad/unfair contracts, being treated like a slave, all the fans he has (and he does have quite a few), and so on...Adamek conducts himself like a fighter and I respect him for it, he's going to get an ass whuppin' but he's man enough to take it if it comes to that.

I know what you're saying Lyle, but Adamek isn't a champion and doesn't have a better offer on the table like Haye did when he wasn't a champion. To be fair, did Valuev bitch and moan that Haye was disrespectful in negotiations? There are 2 sides to every story, and while I like you as a poster, when it comes to Wlad you're blind to anyone elses side.
    #1 Adamek wants a tune up fight in September plus the Europa soccer deal is going on around October and they think this fight will draw in about 62,000 fans.

#3 Fighters who sign with Sauerland only complain when Sauerland doesn't get his cut.
    Haye suggested Wembley stadium, which holds 90,000. With pitch side seats too there will be more, so no reason not to take that. Are HBO picking this up? Because they'd pick up Haye vs. Klitschko - More PPV money. I assume you mean a tune up in April? Well Wlad fights in April too, so why not insist on July 2nd?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    According to every press release I've read it's Wlad who is fighting Adamek, not Vitali. Can't Canadians read?

I'm happy for Adamek that he's got this. Lets hope he wins this...and the rematch...and the rematch....and the rematch
    Ah, you're right. I swear I saw Vitali when I first looked at the article.

As for your question, we're usually too drunk to read.

I give Adamek literally no chance of beating Wlad. He can't outbox him and he doesn't have the power to hurt him.
    I also now stand corrected of correcting you. The contract stipulates that either brother can take the fight in September, so if for any reason one can't fight, the other can. I assume they're doing this to leave the Haye door open. Haye's move I guess...

Adamek's Promoter: Tomasz Ready For Either Klitschko - Boxing News
    So Adamek is actually fighting against the brand name of the Klitschko's then?

Will Adamek know before fight night or will it be a complete surprise to him?

http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

He will know 90 days before the fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I find funny too is that Adamek didn't even really care which Klitschko it was. So, only one of them needs to win over the summer and Adamek will get in the ring. It's testament to Adamek if anything. The man has balls.

El Kabong Guest

Haye suggested Wembley stadium, which holds 90,000. With pitch side seats too there will be more, so no reason not to take that. Are HBO picking this up? Because they'd pick up Haye vs. Klitschko - More PPV money. I assume you mean a tune up in April? Well Wlad fights in April too, so why not insist on July 2nd?
    So you're saying if he fights Wlad in England 70,000 more fans would go to see that than went to watch his previous heavyweight fights?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard this was going to be the first ppv event in Poland therefore its going to be massive there most people will be buying it and the chances are this will be historic! It's probably the best fight out there right now minus Haye so I'm looking forward to it!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to every press release I've read it's Wlad who is fighting Adamek, not Vitali. Can't Canadians read?

I'm happy for Adamek that he's got this. Lets hope he wins this...and the rematch...and the rematch....and the rematch

I give Adamek literally no chance of beating Wlad. He can't outbox him and he doesn't have the power to hurt him.
    I also now stand corrected of correcting you. The contract stipulates that either brother can take the fight in September, so if for any reason one can't fight, the other can. I assume they're doing this to leave the Haye door open. Haye's move I guess...

They are going to switch off rounds, like a tag team.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Props to adamek the man is a warrior, don't think I'll be rooting against anyone in this fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you're saying if he fights Wlad in England 70,000 more fans would go to see that than went to watch his previous heavyweight fights?
    I think you could pack the stadium yeah. World Heavyweight unification fight? Considering he sells out his fights against his previous opposition over here, I see no reason why not. Haye has made alot of noise and got alot of people behind him. Tis a similar situation to how Wlad got so many for the Chagaev fight. People had bought that many tickets to see him fight Haye.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like the K and Adamek and I especially respect Adamek for working like a devil and being constantly in the ring. However, except with a magic upset, I don't see how he could win this one, unfortunately. Haye Vitali is still "possible" but I really doubt any will from Haye to truly fight the K.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by therealremi View Post

He will know 90 days before the fight.
    Lol. Complete joke. Klitschko's are complete fannies when it comes to negotiating fights.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, that's easily the most outlandish contract stipulation I've heard of in this sport. He doesn't even know which brother he's going to fight until when, like fight week? Surely you didn't type that properly? Or does it stand that Adamek has signed/ or is expected to sign to fight EITHER Klitschko, on paper? Why not stipulate that if after 4 rounds Wlad or Vitali were to be behind, they could tag the other one in to finish the fight for them? I just don't get what the rammifications of this are supposed to be... If Adamek trains his ass of for say Wlad specifically, but he is injured shortlyt before the date, is Adamek obligated to go through with fighting Vitali anyways? He would need to imploy completely different tactics to even be competitive in either fight, to. The fact that he has no chance again either brother just magnifies what chickenshit stuff this is. I of course get the idea of leaving a Haye fight open in theory, but it just adds to the whole circus of it all. Adamek is the only one who deserves and respect in the whole thing to, until one of the brothers and Haye can just get it on with.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I hate this news, someone said it was 90 days. I think 90 days is just about sufficient for a world title fight.

Thread Information