Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Word has it that now Sonnens suspension is up, then a fight with Bisping and him is on the cards! Mike will struggle with takedown defence, but his BJJ is of a good standard and underated imo. Bisping hangs with Chael in standup without a doubt, it's just the groundwork that will trouble Mike if this fight happens.

I would see this fight being the next big card to hit the UK, alternatively he beats Sonnen stateside then, gets a title shot against Silva in the UK.
    I see a lopsided UD for Sonnen, he had 3 10-8 rounds against the champ (the first 3). Bisping's a talented fighter, he's earned his spot in the top 10, but there's a HUGE gap between him and the top of the division.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC 127 - who's tuning in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Word has it that now Sonnens suspension is up, then a fight with Bisping and him is on the cards! Mike will struggle with takedown defence, but his BJJ is of a good standard and underated imo. Bisping hangs with Chael in standup without a doubt, it's just the groundwork that will trouble Mike if this fight happens.

I would see this fight being the next big card to hit the UK, alternatively he beats Sonnen stateside then, gets a title shot against Silva in the UK.
    I agree with Captain on this. Hopefully it happens and I will give your boy big props if he can beat Chael.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I got no issue with pre-fight trash talking. I really don't pay much attention to it but to me when the fight is over and you've got the victory show some class. If you really think the guy is a dirtbag then just ignore him. You've won for crying out loud do you really need to act like a teenager to feel better about it?
    I dunno man...
    When a guy randomly starts disrespecting your family, partner and associates you get pretty pissed.

Personally I think I would've been incensed with the way Rivera acted...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trueno,

I'm not really up to speed on who said what about who and maybe Rivera is a complete dirtbag that needed to be humbled, but if I'm a world recognized MMA star I'd want to be seen as someone who both wins and loses with class. I'm not saying his actions equate to Bablu's holding the choke or Daley's bitch move but Dana has shown that if you don't respect the Octagon he will give you your walking papers. If Bisping really felt that the line was crossed and that he needed to vent, then wait till he isn't being watched by millions of mma fans across the world. Even if his actions were completely justified, to most fans who don't follow every instance of pre-fight trash talking he looked like an immature punk.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Understood Sir. And for the most part I do agree. I'm not arguing that what Bisping did wasn't wrong. For a sport that is still struggling to become globally acceptable and is not even legal in all of the United states, this sort of poor publicity is unacceptable.

However, my point is, if Bisping is to be penalised I believe Rivera should suffer some consequences also. He actively sought out attention through Youtube and social networking sites to damage the reputation of Bisping and his family. Surely this brings MMA and the UFC in particular into disrepute also...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trueno View Post
    Understood Sir. And for the most part I do agree. I'm not arguing that what Bisping did wasn't wrong. For a sport that is still struggling to become globally acceptable and is not even legal in all of the United states, this sort of poor publicity is unacceptable.

However, my point is, if Bisping is to be penalised I believe Rivera should suffer some consequences also. He actively sought out attention through Youtube and social networking sites to damage the reputation of Bisping and his family. Surely this brings MMA and the UFC in particular into disrepute also...
    I agree. Usually the pre-fight banter is fighters doing a little self motivation, playing some mind games and selling the fight. I really hate trash talking in any sport at anytime and largely ignore it. Not sure how one would put parameters on what is acceptable though. I kind of think getting his ass kicked and looking like a moron at the very least evens the score. Hopefully both learned their lesson.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post

I agree. Usually the pre-fight banter is fighters doing a little self motivation, playing some mind games and selling the fight. I really hate trash talking in any sport at anytime and largely ignore it. Not sure how one would put parameters on what is acceptable though. I kind of think getting his ass kicked and looking like a moron at the very least evens the score. Hopefully both learned their lesson.
    Hopefully so. As the sport grows in popularity and appeal, I hope these things do not creep in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the video yesterday, Rivera said words to the effect of "You know Mike, 80% of all Koalas in Australia have [an STD, I forget which one]. So be careful Mike"

Bisping's girl is Aussie, so he clearly meant that as an insult to her. That's bullshit, he crossed the line with that one. But it still wasn't all Bisping made it out to be, either. Everything else Rivera said was about Bisping's fight style, and thus fair game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I saw the video yesterday, Rivera said words to the effect of "You know Mike, 80% of all Koalas in Australia have [an STD, I forget which one]. So be careful Mike"

Bisping's girl is Aussie, so he clearly meant that as an insult to her. That's bullshit, he crossed the line with that one. But it still wasn't all Bisping made it out to be, either. Everything else Rivera said was about Bisping's fight style, and thus fair game.
    Tbh it was a pretty good insult really.
    He was playing on the koala's image as "hangers on." I thought it was quite clever, wrong, but clever
    I think there were 5-6 vids originally??

He should've been more mindful of his actions after the Daley controversy .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was playing on the koala's image as "hangers on." I thought it was quite clever, wrong, but clever

The Daley thing was bollocks. I don't think it's ok to hit a man after the bell, unless it's Josh Koscheck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

The Daley thing was bollocks. I don't think it's ok to hit a man after the bell, unless it's Josh Koscheck.
    I genuinely see it as a shame that Semtex wont fight in the UFC again

Thread Information