8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Victor Ortiz is a quiter

[quote=hattonthehammer;754735][quote=Violent Demise;754731]
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

98% of knockdowns are via "stiff flush shots". Calzaghe got knocked down twice against hopkins and jones with "stiff flush shots" didnt mean he was in trouble on either occasion.

Sure maidana inparticularly looked groggy in the 2nd and walked on to monster punches. But on both occasions he neither took a heavy 8 count or displayed a fighter who wasnt able to defend himself sufficently.

I saw maidana take much heavier punches against kotelnik and brush them off, on this occasion he got laid out 3 times but on none of the occasions did he appear to be out of it.
    quote]

quote]

People may not always like VD's style of posting, but the fact is he is at least one of the 5 most knowledgeable posters on this site. I may not agree with everything he says but the man knows his boxing better than probably all but Galaxy, Mick & Killer.
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 07-01-2009 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=ElTerribleMorales;754746]
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

. How is it that Maidana can take heavier punches from Kotelnik when Ortiz hits twice as hard as Kotelnik? It's not possible. That pretty much proves you didn't even see the fight.
    quote]
    nah, that title went to EDIT, and it's simple you make idiotic statements like the one you just did and well you get thrashed for it, there were NO flash knockdowns in the Ortiz/Maidana fight, Calzaghe/Hopkins wasn't a flash knockdown either, he didn't do shit for the remainder of the round, why? cause he felt the punch, he recovered and then the fight went on, Jones/Calzaghe was a flash knockdown, that wasn't even caused by a punch, he hit Joe with his forearm, best example of a flash knockdown was Cotto/Clottey, he went down from a jab and then got up fine
    I think Calzaghe was more hurt from the Jones knockdown than the Hopkins one. He looked dazed getting up against Jones imo.
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 07-01-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Bilbo;754750]
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    nah, that title went to EDIT, and it's simple you make idiotic statements like the one you just did and well you get thrashed for it, there were NO flash knockdowns in the Ortiz/Maidana fight, Calzaghe/Hopkins wasn't a flash knockdown either, he didn't do shit for the remainder of the round, why? cause he felt the punch, he recovered and then the fight went on, Jones/Calzaghe was a flash knockdown, that wasn't even caused by a punch, he hit Joe with his forearm, best example of a flash knockdown was Cotto/Clottey, he went down from a jab and then got up fine
    I think Calzaghe was more hurt from the Jones knockdown than the Hopkins one. He looked dazed getting up against Jones imo.
    I agree. He was badly hurt by Jones.
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 07-01-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    lol hoooooooooooowever it may be, it was a shot from Jones' forearm, not a punch, rewatch it, it's clear on the re-play
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 07-01-2009 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

lol hoooooooooooowever it may be, it was a shot from Jones' forearm, not a punch, rewatch it, it's clear on the re-play
    It was a forearm, I never disputed that. All Bilbo (and myself) said was that he was hurt worse by Jones.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a forearm, I never disputed that. All Bilbo (and myself) said was that he was hurt worse by Jones.
    alright alright, i re-watched it and he was wobbly, his legs seemed a bit gone

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I have to say it's interesting that people post so much emphasis on what Ortiz said post-fight when he was most likely concussed. It's funny that boxers are often expected to give interviews after having their head pounded, I remember people giving Cotto crap for leaving the ring after the Margarito fight, even though it seemed like half his head was about to fall off

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow

Didnt expect oritz to just give up like that, he was still winning but Maidana is a warrior. That guy came out the 6th round with mean intention, seem like he knew he could make Ortiz quit. Its bizarre how Ortiz corner kept telling him they will stop the fight and Ortiz was not responsive. Ortiz got caught with some good shots on the fifth round but he was still winning, what did i miss? why in the world would a corner suggest stoping a fight their fighter is winning? The fight was a good one but its just awful how a guy named Vicious would just quit after a knockdown far from worst than the first kd he suffered.

I respect what Ortiz said in his interview, he has all the right to discontinue fighting if he feels like he has had enough. Im just shocked he gave up on that fight. He was winning and Maidana is the one who suffered from the worst of the beatings.

This is a bit similar to Izzy Rafa I, Izzy quit and knew he had enough but knew if he fights another day he could win the next bout. However Izzy had a legit injury, Ortiz just gave up....if he gets a rematch with Maidana i still think he would win. So much for the heart of a champion quality, every spectator looks for in a fighter.

Do you guys think Ortiz can be a celebrated champion? his only 22 but his gonna go through a hell of a lot worst beating then that. He needs to think if he really wants to be in boxing cause you can't just quit when your not even getting pounded that bad.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do believe he has shaken the monkey off his back. Perspective. Also just noticed quitter has two t's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I do believe he has shaken the monkey off his back. Perspective. Also just noticed quitter has two t's
    Ortiz now is like a soldier's boots we spit on him now look he's shiny
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be sure, he pretty earned that reputation back then. Last night he certainly wiped the slate clean. Lampley, who is well-known for his dramatic exaggerations, nevertheless hit the nail on the head when he exclaimed:

"Ortiz is fighting like a man possessed."
    He certainly was.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I guess he just found something worth going out on his shield for
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information