Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  45
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Master, it's time to honour your bet! :)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Master, it's time to honour your bet! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ok no Isis flag, choose something else primo.
    Why? Do you admit you've lost?
    I'll think of something closer to the time.
    Last edited by Master; 03-19-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ok no Isis flag, choose something else primo.
    Why? Do you admit you've lost?
    I'll think of something closer to the time.
    It will not happen but just in case.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxing24 View Post
    What is up with your sweetheart?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wants this thread back on the main boxing board. That's what it is.😂😂

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    He wants this thread back on the main boxing board. That's what it is.������������
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor McGregor not good enough to beat Floyd Mayweather according to top trainer Freddie Roach

Top trainer Freddie Roach has slammed Conor McGregor's chances of beating Floyd Mayweather Jr .

Roach has savaged UFC star McGregor's boxing chances ahead of a superfight with legendary boxer Mayweather.

'The Choir Boy' is viewed as one of the best tacticians in the sport and cornered Manny Pacquiao during his fight with the American.

But Roach is only seeing any potential match between "wild" McGregor and Mayweather going one way.

Roach told FightHype TV: "I'd love to see it, he's fun to watch. He's a character. [But] he's not that good of a fighter. He'll let his hands go and so forth. He's a little wild.

"He's putting himself on a very high level. I think he's more of a four-round fighter at this point.

"He's [Mayweather] not a risk-taker anymore. He's not the most exciting guy in the world. But, he's still a great boxer. [McGregor] can't beat guys like that, in my opinion."

Meanwhile, McGregor took a break from the gym to attend his nephew's christening in Dublin.

The event took place at the historic Shelbourne Hotel - and McGregor took to social media to post images from the building.

He said: "This is the room where they signed the Constitution of the Irish free state.

"It is also the venue for my nephew Harry's christening. Know and be proud of where you come from to know where you are going! #IrishRoyalty."

Conor McGregor not good enough to beat Floyd Mayweather according to top trainer Freddie Roach

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor McGregor is already in the beginning stages of preparation to get ready for a super fight against former pound-for-pound boxing king Floyd Mayweather. According to McGregor’s head coach John Kavanagh, the UFC lightweight champion has started to put together the training agenda that will get him ready to face one of the best boxers in history in a mega-fight for the ages.

In fact, Kavanagh told FOX Sports in Australia that he’s already shifting his focus towards McGregor vs. Mayweather while waiting for the contracts to get signed to make the fight official.

“In my mind it’s on,” Kavanagh said about McGregor vs. Mayweather. “That’s the mentality we’re in. Like you said, there’s a lot of fingers in the pie on this one. There’s different promotions, different organizations, different commissions that are involved but as far as I’m concerned, I really believe it’s going to happen this year. That’s the mindset I have.

“Let the people in the suits worry about the paperwork. We’re training for it.”

McGregor has been touting for weeks that he will shock the world when he finally faces Mayweather in the ring.Despite no previous experience in professional boxing, McGregor believes he’s got all the tools necessary to hand Mayweather his first loss in 50 fights once they step into the ring together. McGregor’s head coach knows it’s a Herculean task to take down Mayweather in a boxing match, but it’s a job he’s more than happy to tackle because he’s already seen his prodigy do the impossible time and time again.

In fact, Kavanagh believes that McGregor will only get better with each passing day as his focus turns solely towards boxing instead of preparing for his next bout in mixed martial arts.

“Boxing is one of the 10 skills you need for mixed martial arts. But now we’re only doing boxing so we can drop wrestling and jiu-jitsu and Thai boxing, we can just focus on the boxing,” Kavanagh said about McGregor’s training regimen.

“So of course we’re getting ready to fight arguably one of the best defensive boxers of all time, but the training will become simplified cause we only have to do boxing so it’s a new challenge I’m excited about.”

While there’s still no set date for the McGregor vs. Mayweather showdown, multiple sources have indicated when speaking to FOX Sports that a card in mid-September in Las Vegas seems to be the most likely landing spot if both parties can come to an agreement for the fight. McGregor would also be expected to relocate his training camp to Las Vegas after the birth of his first child in late April or early May, assuming he can come to terms with Mayweather to make the fight official.

Conor McGregor's coach confirms preparation has started for Floyd Mayweather fight

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UFC president Dana White says Floyd Mayweather will make around $100m (£78.1m), while Conor McGregorshould earn $75m (£58.5m) if the boxing fight between the pair becomes a reality.

The Dubliner last stepped inside the octagon in November 2016 when he defeated Eddie Alvarez to win the lightweight championship. He is currently on a break to welcome the birth of his first child.

Mayweather has already expressed his desire to come out of retirement to face McGregor inside the ring. The UFC star is also open to the idea of fighting the undefeated boxer and the pair have already been involved in a war of words.

"It depends on how much the fight sells. If the fight sells as well as I think it can, Floyd makes a little north of $100 [million] and Conor makes $75 [million]," White explained, as quoted by Fox Sports.

Should White's estimate on how much money the duo would earn come true, McGregor is set to beat his highest career earnings from this single fight.

McGregor is contracted to the UFC and White remains hopeful to complete the negotiations with the MMA star in the "next couple of days." The promotion's chief revealed the promise he made to the 28-year-old to make the fight against Mayweather into a reality.

"[Mayweather] feels like he's the 'A' side and he should get more of it. We really haven't got into that negotiation yet. I wanted to get McGregor locked in first because McGregor is under contract with me," the UFC president said.

"At the end of the day does this fight make a ton of sense for me? It really doesn't but Conor wants this thing really bad and I've said this many times, kid's stepped up and saved some big fights for me. I'm in, I'll figure it out."

"I think we get the McGregor side done in the next couple of days and then I go lock myself in a room for a couple days with Team Mayweather and see what we can come out with.

"The Conor side, we're good on the Conor side. I need to figure out the Mayweather side and maybe it can't be. Maybe the Mayweather side can't be done but we'll see. I promised Conor I'd do everything I could to make this thing happen so that's what I'm going to do.
    "There's no doubt people want to see this fight. It's all anybody ever asks me about. I'm going to do my best to see if I can get this thing done. I'm not saying I can, but we're trying to."

UFC president Dana White predicts Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor's earnings from probable fight

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I find so amazingly predictable is that I knew you would post this, but I also knew you wouldn't post Yesterday's comments when Dana White said the fight was "miles away" from being done, and "nowhere near"!
    Fair play, he is pulling your chain so bad! 😂😂😂

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just typed a big long post out but I've just deleted it because I don't wanna give Master the satisfaction

Tick tock an all that bollocks, don't worry Primo we've got this

Fuck you master, take a look at the colour of your pubes, Yeah that's right they are turning ginger

I don't think I'm gunna drink on school nights after tonight

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I just typed a big long post out but I've just deleted it because I don't wanna give Master the satisfaction

Tick tock an all that bollocks, don't worry Primo we've got this

Fuck you master, take a look at the colour of your pubes, Yeah that's right they are turning ginger

I don't think I'm gunna drink on school nights after tonight
    You know it is half term?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McGinger ain't getting anywhere near $75 million!

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    McGinger ain't getting anywhere near $75 million!
    You know what they say, aim for the stars and you may get to the moon. He would be happy with half that.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard he was saying he'd fight Pac if he can't get Floyd. Dude is desperate.

Thread Information