Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should we support the Syrian rebels?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Are you for or against intervening in Syria?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are you for or against intervening in Syria?

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I see it has become personal again, Lyle.

Where I live has nothing to do with the crisis in Syria. If I was living in England my views would be the same as you well know. Likewise, the work that I do has nothing to do with having views on international political affairs. I do a job, a peaceful job, and that is all that there is to that. It has nothing to do with Syria. I do well, but that doesn't mean that I have no values. If I don't enjoy what I do then I will look for another teaching job because teaching is what I do. My rebellion is living overseas as a sojourner, but I have studied to teach and teach I shall. You say I stand for nothing, but what the heck do you stand for? I live for my family and the faint hope that the homeland can improve itself. I want good things for the UK, it angers me that it isn't what it should be.

The Christian faith is that humans are inherently evil, but I don't adhere to that. I don't do evil things and most people don't do evil things. However, concentrations of power are very prone to doing evil things and I just point out where the leading concentrations of power do just that. US foreign policy of 50 years has shown it repeatedly, revelations about your secret services are likewise showing a pull towards wrongdoing, those are just the facts.

I don't want the world to end, I just want people to aspire to be better people and to care for one another more. The politics has to lead that from the front as society has shown it can't level the playing field. I don't think the West practices caring very well with broken families being the norm rather than the exception, with governments hell bent on privatising everything they can, with jobs being outsourced in their millions, with state pensions being funneled into hedge funds, with 12 million Americans relying on tips to top up their 2 dollars and 14 cents per hour. It is a sick, sick, state of affairs and I feel little regard for any of the people that have caused it. Would I like to see those responsible brought to account for their crimes against society? Sure, I would. However, I am not advocating nuclear apocalypse or anything so drastic.

As for Walrus, this is a decent place to live and with the right skills and qualifications, you can do well and I do. That however has nothing to do with politics nor Syria. I could be doing the work that I do in 4 dozen countries and my political views would be the same. It is an asinine argument.
    Where you live and what you do has everything to do with your world view. You have not been talking about Syria, I really don't think you give a shit about them, you have been talking about America, against whom you are biased. Also, Christianity does not view humans as evil as evidenced by John 3:16. Stop spouting bias in your head as fact.
    You forgot to read the Old Testament.

Again you fail to back up your argument and so it is pretty asinine. If there is anything I say about America that is untrue then say it, otherwise it isn't biased and must be true. Also, you clearly know very little about me if you think I wouldn't hold the same views in the UK or in dozens of other countries. My views will only change with concrete policy changes and they haven't materialised which is something that even Lyle recognises in the case of Obama.
    Need I remind you that the old testament is pre Christian or does that not fit into your thinking
    So you only accept the post rehab God? Fair enough!
    it just proves you are making argument against that which you know very little of. It's called contempt prior to investigation.
    I am reading the books with as much patience as I can muster. God is a selfish lunatic and the only explanation one can give is that he is a fake manipulated by crude 0 century operators who tried to give him a make over.

He still looks like a cunt, to most ordinary people though.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where I live has nothing to do with the crisis in Syria. If I was living in England my views would be the same as you well know. Likewise, the work that I do has nothing to do with having views on international political affairs. I do a job, a peaceful job, and that is all that there is to that. It has nothing to do with Syria. I do well, but that doesn't mean that I have no values. If I don't enjoy what I do then I will look for another teaching job because teaching is what I do. My rebellion is living overseas as a sojourner, but I have studied to teach and teach I shall. You say I stand for nothing, but what the heck do you stand for? I live for my family and the faint hope that the homeland can improve itself. I want good things for the UK, it angers me that it isn't what it should be.

The Christian faith is that humans are inherently evil, but I don't adhere to that. I don't do evil things and most people don't do evil things. However, concentrations of power are very prone to doing evil things and I just point out where the leading concentrations of power do just that. US foreign policy of 50 years has shown it repeatedly, revelations about your secret services are likewise showing a pull towards wrongdoing, those are just the facts.

I don't want the world to end, I just want people to aspire to be better people and to care for one another more. The politics has to lead that from the front as society has shown it can't level the playing field. I don't think the West practices caring very well with broken families being the norm rather than the exception, with governments hell bent on privatising everything they can, with jobs being outsourced in their millions, with state pensions being funneled into hedge funds, with 12 million Americans relying on tips to top up their 2 dollars and 14 cents per hour. It is a sick, sick, state of affairs and I feel little regard for any of the people that have caused it. Would I like to see those responsible brought to account for their crimes against society? Sure, I would. However, I am not advocating nuclear apocalypse or anything so drastic.

As for Walrus, this is a decent place to live and with the right skills and qualifications, you can do well and I do. That however has nothing to do with politics nor Syria. I could be doing the work that I do in 4 dozen countries and my political views would be the same. It is an asinine argument.
    Where you live and what you do has everything to do with your world view. You have not been talking about Syria, I really don't think you give a shit about them, you have been talking about America, against whom you are biased. Also, Christianity does not view humans as evil as evidenced by John 3:16. Stop spouting bias in your head as fact.

Again you fail to back up your argument and so it is pretty asinine. If there is anything I say about America that is untrue then say it, otherwise it isn't biased and must be true. Also, you clearly know very little about me if you think I wouldn't hold the same views in the UK or in dozens of other countries. My views will only change with concrete policy changes and they haven't materialised which is something that even Lyle recognises in the case of Obama.
    Need I remind you that the old testament is pre Christian or does that not fit into your thinking
    it just proves you are making argument against that which you know very little of. It's called contempt prior to investigation.
    I am reading the books with as much patience as I can muster. God is a selfish lunatic and the only explanation one can give is that he is a fake manipulated by crude 0 century operators who tried to give him a make over.

Thanks for proving my point. For someone who shares similar ideas about Mayweather as I, I am surprised you can be such a cunt in other matters.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for proving my point. For someone who shares similar ideas about Mayweather as I, I am surprised you can be such a cunt in other matters.
    I exist on my own terms. It is caled honesty.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stand corrected, you're an honest cunt, thanks for clearing that up.

El Kabong Guest

Oh is it now? So you answer to no one? Not your job, not your wife, not the laws of South Korea? Must be nice to be the only anarchist who has found that little slice of paradise.....shame you don't SEEM happy from your various posts.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the end of the day, I am the master of my own destiny. So no, at the end of the day work, society, law, nor family are not going to make the decisions that affect me. As someone who doesn't believe they are inherently evil, most of the time that results in sensible, practical decisions. An anarchist would be plotting societal meltdown, but I have no interest in that. The system generally works, this isn't America. 100 dollars is all I pay for healthcare and a bit more on top privately for serious things and I use it all the time. You would die (literally) to have the fairness of the systems we have here.

Also, don't you sit there complaining about Obama in the comfort of your Mummies home? You are the last person to be lecturing about life choices and anarchy. I read a book and I will interpret the book based upon the words there before me. Again, Lyle, you are a poor reader of people and have nothing to say beyond personal criticism. Loser.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so now it's our health system you want to put down. Is that foreign policy or are you judging where you live to somewhere else which is something you said you never do.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so now it's our health system you want to put down. Is that foreign policy or are you judging where you live to somewhere else which is something you said you never do.
    Lyle turned this personal with some spiel about my work and anarchy. Lyle is bitter and angry that everything people have been saying is true, he cannot come back with anything enlightened and so his only recourse is to hate on the teaching profession. He is a fat loser, is very vindictive and yes, paying thousands of dollars a year for health care is rotten. That is where anarchy needs to come from. It isn't needed in a system that is treating people fairly. Also you show your colours with talk of 'our' health system. I find that to be frankly quite ridiculous. Basically you are a sad nationalist with this talk of 'our' and obsession with locations. You are small minded and obviously a bit thick judging by your Bible talk. You have nothing to add and so I have put you into your compartmentalised box. I might open the box to prod you occasionally, but you clearly have nothing worthwhile to say as evidence by your contributions to this thread. You clearly need to learn more about your country and it's historical relations with other countries. Once you are clued in I might open the box.

As for old Lyle, king of sidetracking, distortion, and personal vendetta. Well, you are an idiot and won't fit into a box and so you are being locked in the room and Mummy won't let you eat any icecream after dinner. Now don't cry, if you don't stop crying, you won't be watching Fox news. That's it Lyle, the television is going off. Lock.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am actually proud to be put down by someone of your ilk

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am actually proud to be put down by someone of your ilk
    God is evil, do you forget how he wanted to fry the people of Israel at the Mount of Sinai? My ilk has nothing to do with it, the fact that he was a cunt is an obvious fact.

There is/was no God, it was always a system of control.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop trying to be controversial, you think that shit you spew shows intelligence. Your views are not as precious as you think they are.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop trying to be controversial, you think that shit you spew shows intelligence. Your views are not as precious as you think they are.
    What makes you think I am trying to be controversial? I don't need to try anything.

Also, I don't think these views are an expression of intelligence in the least, they are expressions of rationality and truth.

You are bound by a text and a government propaganda system, I just think you are an idiot and that your country is the leading terrorist state and that there is no God.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What makes you think I am trying to be controversial? I don't need to try anything.

Also, I don't think these views are an expression of intelligence in the least, they are expressions of rationality and truth.

You are bound by a text and a government propaganda system, I just think you are an idiot and that your country is the leading terrorist state and that there is no God.
    at least you are consistent in your stupidity

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at least you are consistent in your stupidity
    Fuck you. I am clever and aware. You need to prove it. yourself.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey settle down. I have no problem with you personally. Do you think anything you said about religion or the US is unique. I have heard it all before. Yes, I threw some personal insults but in reality I have a policy not to anger over people I don't know. I save my anger for my loved ones. Nothing you say has much effect on me, and I don't mean that as an insult, it's just all a tape that has been played many times. In the end, I wish you well. Much of what I said was supposed to be funny but with the absence of physiognomy the message gets lost.

Thread Information