Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HBO Fight night:Berto/Forbes & Mosley/Mayorga

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

It was a very close fight. As to Mayorga missing punches he caught Mosely flush several times, the HBO team just refused to even comment when he landed.

One of the most biased telecasts I've ever seen imo.

I have no problem with Mosely winning had it needed to go to the cards, but no way did he win that by more than a couple rounds.

He seemed to gas from the 7th to the 9th rounds and it was close over the final rounds until Mayorga got KO'd at the end.

Mayorga won the first 2 as well imo.

You could make a case for Mayorga being ahead imo, it was one of those fights that could have gone either way.

Mosely clearly landed the crisper punches over the course of the fight but its scored on a rbr basis and there were many rounds where Shane did nothing.

I'm interested to hear how the official judges, who didn't have the benefit of the HBO commentary scored it.
    Well Bilbo i couldn't disagree more mate even though Mosley went to sleep at times.

Mayorga himself wasn't doing a whole lot with his 1 punch and grab style. Mayorga actually was missing a ton of punches.

I think you guys need to rewatch the fight Mosley was catching Mayorga coming in all the time. And Mayorga would try and fight back, but his wild punches and wild flurries were missing constantly.

I think Mayorga did make it competitive no question he made it a very physical fight. But his connect percentage was very low, and i think he was trying to fool the judges with his wild flurries/punches, which were actually ineffective.

And by the replies we have got here it looks like he has also fooled few of you on here aswell. I suggest you watch the fight again guys, no way possible was Mayorga ahead in that fight.
    I suggest you read my posts again, I didn't say Mayorga won I said it was a competitive fight.

Mosely looked old tonight although he pulled it out the bag brilliantly at the end.
    Mosley looked old coz he is ALREADY OLD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea Brucelee you got a point there he is old at 37 in boxing you are old. But considering he is 37 and had not fought for 10 months thought he did good dont you i think he was rusty for the long inactivity that he was on. If he stays active he might grab another title and maybe even fight Cotto again think he could win.
    Last edited by Mr140; 09-28-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Yea Brucelee you got a point there he is old at 37 in boxing you are old. But considering he is 37 and had not fought for 10 months thought he did good dont you i think he was rusty for the long inactivity that he was on. If he stays active he might grab another title and maybe even fight Cotto again think he could win.
    I think it's impressive that Mosley is still willing to trade and get himself into a fight. The older you get the more defensive minded a fighter becomes. Mosley's still young at heart!

Thread Information