Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye/Harrison Press conference tomorrow

If I could just provide a bit of perspective here for the Non-Brit members here...

Basically, Audley Harrison is still more of a recognisable name in Britain than David Haye.

Why? I'm not sure... But it's true.

Maybe it's a combination of being an Olympic Gold Meadlist (And thus initially getting a whole heap of media attention both as an amateur and as a Pro (A luxury that was always fading and then finally lost once he lost to Danny Williams).

And also maybe because he's just been around for like a decade now?

But either way, Audley is still ( ) that Boxer we (Brits) all know about. So for David Haye, this is about Domestic exposure, which for example, he would undoubtadly gain more of if he were to beat a 50 year old Frank Bruno than he would beating Wladimir Klitschko (again... )

And the thing is, for me as a Brit, this fight is exciting.

Am I embarrassed by that? As a so called hardcore boxing fan, you fucking bet I am but the truth is as far as domestic tear ups go (For which we Brits fuckin LOVE!) this is a bit of a biggie... We ain't had anything like this since Benn Eubank.

Seriously

Okay so it's not cool relative to the rest of the world but this fight (albeit for a 'World Belt') ain't for the world.

It's for Britains eyes only

Seriously, I think as the time draws near, this'll be a fight that will be getting ALOT of attention over here.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 09-09-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Yes, I do know that the video is from a Glasgow Rangers game...
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

13 pages....

Hmmm who is the most talked about heavyweight in the division, I wonder.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    13 pages....

Hmmm who is the most talked about heavyweight in the division, I wonder.....
    audley harrison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i class this fight in the lennox lewis v frank bruno bracket, only the brits were really interested in that fight

except david haye is better than bruno
    & harrison is better than lennox lewis

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Yes but in the ring Haye is a million times better not only more capable but much more fun to watch Ross. So it's clear for whatever reason you like Audley for whatever reason but he has been soooooo terrible as a pro, it would not be a good thing if he won.
    I couldnt stand Harrison up until the Williams rematch.

When Williams and his idiot cronies tried to intimidate Audley who clearly isnt an aggressive man out of the ring, it wound me up a bit. danny was acting a priick and a bully, picking on the easy kid When harrison took him out I was well happy for him, he didnt fight intimidated at all. Im hoping the same will happen here. Haye will push Audley and I hope for Audleys sake he really nails that chinny annoying cuunt!

This will resemble Lewis V Bruno in that Audley will end up having Britain behind him because he is so much more amiable than David on the telly interviews. David will make a few enemies with his self hype, a bit like Eubank and Hamed.

All I need to know is Haye has been dropped and hurt by people as light as 175lb and Audley has genuine heavy power from a southpaw stance.

Im also finding it hard to believe Haye is 6,3", Audley is 6,5" and looked a hell of a lot taller than just a couple of inches when face to face at the press conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Yes but in the ring Haye is a million times better not only more capable but much more fun to watch Ross. So it's clear for whatever reason you like Audley for whatever reason but he has been soooooo terrible as a pro, it would not be a good thing if he won.

When Williams and his idiot cronies tried to intimidate Audley who clearly isnt an aggressive man out of the ring, it wound me up a bit. danny was acting a priick and a bully, picking on the easy kid When harrison took him out I was well happy for him, he didnt fight intimidated at all. Im hoping the same will happen here. Haye will push Audley and I hope for Audleys sake he really nails that chinny annoying cuunt!

This will resemble Lewis V Bruno in that Audley will end up having Britain behind him because he is so much more amiable than David on the telly interviews. David will make a few enemies with his self hype, a bit like Eubank and Hamed.

All I need to know is Haye has been dropped and hurt by people as light as 175lb and Audley has genuine heavy power from a southpaw stance.

Im also finding it hard to believe Haye is 6,3", Audley is 6,5" and looked a hell of a lot taller than just a couple of inches when face to face at the press conference.

Williams took that fight on about 2 weeks notice it was about as impressive as Kid Thunders win over the Z train.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

surprised haye is that tall think he is telling porkies

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you could +/- an inch for both of em.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wikipedia says he is 6ft 2"

wikianswers says he's 6Ft 5"

the times says he is 6Ft 3"

HE'S A LYING GIT THAT HAYMAKER

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J da Bomba View Post
    If I could just provide a bit of perspective here for the Non-Brit members here...

Basically, Audley Harrison is still more of a recognisable name in Britain than David Haye.

Why? I'm not sure... But it's true.

Maybe it's a combination of being an Olympic Gold Meadlist (And thus initially getting a whole heap of media attention both as an amateur and as a Pro (A luxury that was always fading and then finally lost once he lost to Danny Williams).

And also maybe because he's just been around for like a decade now?

But either way, Audley is still ( ) that Boxer we (Brits) all know about. So for David Haye, this is about Domestic exposure, which for example, he would undoubtadly gain more of if he were to beat a 50 year old Frank Bruno than he would beating Wladimir Klitschko (again... )

And the thing is, for me as a Brit, this fight is exciting.

Am I embarrassed by that? As a so called hardcore boxing fan, you fucking bet I am but the truth is as far as domestic tear ups go (For which we Brits fuckin LOVE!) this is a bit of a biggie... We ain't had anything like this since Benn Eubank.

Seriously

Okay so it's not cool relative to the rest of the world but this fight (albeit for a 'World Belt') ain't for the world.

It's for Britains eyes only

Seriously, I think as the time draws near, this'll be a fight that will be getting ALOT of attention over here.
    im english, and im looking forward to it, ill be staying up for all the boxing, its a nice way to spend a night

I actually started to convince myself that harrison has a chance, but he doesnt really, hes far too shit

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I actually started to convince myself that harrison has a chance, but he doesnt really, hes far too shit
    Any heavy weight puncher has a chance against a week cruiser weight chin

Thread Information