532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Thank you. All my questions were answered.

I liked the "keeping their powder dry" line.

I can't say for sure whether Kavanaugh is or isn't the best man for the job. I also have to wonder what effect, if any, these proceedings will have on his judgment if he gets elected.

Too bad sexual assault is usually such an "unproveable" matter and always boils down to HIS word against HERS. It also lends itself to unfounded feeding frenzies.

No, I don't think having been a heavy beer drinker in your college days should prevent you from being Supreme Court Justice 30-40 years later.

Focus points should be placed where focus points should be placed, if that made any sense.

I will admit Democrats as a whole (not everyone I've seen on TV, though) have come off looking foolish on this one.
    Happy to oblige.

Sexual assault isn't "unproveable", get the time right, get witnesses to corroborate (not like in Islam where it's 4 witnesses for a woman to be believed or anything) but certainly MORE is better than NONE, immediately go to the authorities, immediately act, don't hassle former classmates and get them to change their stories because that's witness tampering and yeah Leland Keyser.....and IF a friend of yours IS going to tamper with witnesses it's probably best that it NOT be the friend you totally didn't help pass a polygraph and who eventually worked for the FBI because that undermines your testimony in front of Congress and therefore makes you subject to perjury charges...

WSJ: Ford Ally Pressured Keyser To Change Her Story
    https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/...-change-story/
    (Gee I hope that doesn't upset Kirkland the poor dear)

I am MORE than willing to listen to a woman who has been assaulted and believe her....but I AM going to want evidence, I AM going to want clear details if I'm expected to make a decision of guilt or innocence. I'm not a sexist, I think women are just as capable of lying as men are and I believe it's sexist to believe otherwise.

At the end of the day 36 years is a hella long time to wait to act on sexual assault #1 and #2 if Brett Kavanaugh was some unhinged drunkard roaming the streets like a pirate raping anyone and everyone people needed to be informed of that before he because a judge, before he advanced so far in his career to where he held the NUCLEAR CODES yeah....Brett Kavanaugh was THAT DUDE for W. If the time had come for W to launch nukes he would have had to say something along the lines of "Brett, once you're done with that kegstand would you be a lamb and fetch the nuke codes so I can blow some people up leaving only their shadows behind as a reminder of their existence?" ....I think (and maybe this is just me) that Brett Kavanaugh has had a thorough enough exam on his background in his years as a judge that he never would have gotten to this point had he actually been a rapist or sexual assaulter....but hey, maybe that's just me.

I wonder if Kirkland still believes Blasey Ford.....witness tampering and all

No issues with most of that, but a slight asterisk on the "unproveable" part. By the very nature of sexual assault, and as with other crimes, the perpetrators normally ensure they're totally alone. Thus... no witnesses and thus, the "unproveable" part. The immediate "going to the authorities, and immediately act" part, yeah.... that is the smart and logical thing to do. Unfortunately, none of us have ever been the victim of sexual assault, and it's hard to know how we'd react if suddenly put in those shoes. I'm not a fan of waiting until the guy's up for some office 36 years later, but..... a crime is a crime no matter when it was committed.

As to the veracity, or lack thereof, of her testimony, I've never ventured to guess on that. She definitely seems to have fumbled around enough to create doubt, and of course that does precious little to help her case.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmmm I don’t think this is what blumenthal wanted

They are getting outraised. They are struggling in suburbia. And their top guy is dividing America. But suddenly, five weeks from Election Day, Republicans are seeing tangible evidence of a spike in GOP enthusiasm that has eluded them all cycle.

“It’s got to be Kavanaugh,” said Republican pollster Robert Blizzard, coming to the same conclusion as GOP operatives nationwide: the Democrats’ efforts to block President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee are backfiring with Republicans who were previously apathetic about the midterms but are now angry—and engaged.

Conversations with pollsters, strategists and party officials reveal that Republican voters are circling the wagons around Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s Supreme Court nominee who has been accused of sexual assault, allegations he strongly denies. And now, there are concrete signs that the drama over his confirmation, complete with emotional Senate hearings and an FBI supplemental investigation, is helping Republicans close an enthusiasm gap with Democrats, which has been one of the GOP’s biggest challenges of the last two years.

The National Republican Congressional Committee’s low-dollar donations over the past week are up 175 percent compared to the same time period the previous month, NRCC communications director Matt Gorman said. He added that the average donation total is up 111 percent, and that the committee has raised 194 percent more overall in the last week, again compared to the same timeframe the month before–all signs of grassroots enthusiasm.

Indeed, the nomination fight over Kavanaugh appears to have jolted a wide range of Republican voters, including both women and men, Trump loyalists—who are now remembering that they voted for him in part because of the Supreme Court—and Republicans who don’t like the president.

Chris Wilson, a GOP pollster working on several Senate races this cycle, said he’s seen an uptick in support for Republican candidates running in Arizona, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota and Texas over the past week. And another GOP strategist said that in two polls since the confirmation hearings—one for a state Senate race, the other for a House race—they saw high single digit gains in support from Republican women, a key demographic that, in some cases, has been turned off by Trump.

“The Democrats’ attacks on Kavanaugh have really energized and united Republicans in a way we haven’t seen in the past two years… To see them attacking Brett Kavanaugh’s character feels like an attack on conservatism,” said GOP strategist Alex Conant. He added, “Any race where Republicans were losing because of an enthusiasm gap is now a competitive race.”

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    By pushing for a judge that you favour, has your support and who may have the casting vote on you.
    Judge Kavanaugh doesn't think a sitting President can be indicted....that's the crux of his "support" ...IF Trump is impeached, IF Trump is removed from office, THEN he could be indicted.

Why and on what charge do you @Master want Trump indicted on? What's he guilty of? I mean you are saying he's guilty what's he guilty of?

You are going to be absolutely dumbfounded by what the UK did to attempt to help Hillary Clinton COUP her way into the White House, thank GOD she didn't get in there.
    I never said Trump was guilty, I asked if he was rigging the system in his favour.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By pushing for a judge that you favour, has your support and who may have the casting vote on you.
    Judge Kavanaugh doesn't think a sitting President can be indicted....that's the crux of his "support" ...IF Trump is impeached, IF Trump is removed from office, THEN he could be indicted.

Why and on what charge do you @Master want Trump indicted on? What's he guilty of? I mean you are saying he's guilty what's he guilty of?

You are going to be absolutely dumbfounded by what the UK did to attempt to help Hillary Clinton COUP her way into the White House, thank GOD she didn't get in there.
    I never said Trump was guilty, I asked if he was rigging the system in his favour.
    What would he bring to the court that would need rigging

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

A judge that will rule in his favour.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

So by that rationale you're saying Sotomayor and Kagan would NOT rule in Obama's favor

Also legit the ONLY issue is "A sitting President can't be indicted".....which I've already explained how that can be worked around.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    WTF is a "hella long" time? Fuck, mad as a balloon.
    Not as long as 50 years but not quite 40 in this case
    😂 Got me you fuck!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

on what issue

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's unfortunate he conducted himself as such a temperamental partisan hack for the WH. Take into account those statements were not without pre thought. Can only hope he conducts himself in a bi partisan fair minded judge as we move forward. This is not a sport though unfortunately the people's business and politics is increasingly treated like some Hunger Games BS. It is OUR court.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It's unfortunate he conducted himself as such a temperamental partisan hack for the WH. Take into account those statements were not without pre thought. Can only hope he conducts himself in a bi partisan fair minded judge as we move forward. This is not a sport though unfortunately the people's business and politics is increasingly treated like some Hunger Games BS. It is OUR court.
    Kavanaugh did cry. And he did get mad.

But this is perfectly normal human behavior. This is a man who has done the right thing – in so far as he did exactly what society told him to do – for his entire life, and a bunch of “them” attempted to destroy not only his life, but his entire reputation and any future memory of him as a man. They have hurt his family in ways that they will never fully recover from.

The sin would have been to not be angry.

There really isn’t anything to apologize for, Brett.

Politico:

President Donald Trump continued to push for Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation Thursday night and slammed Democrats for their treatment of his Supreme Court nominee, while Kavanaugh himself expressed some regret over his tone and emotional performance during his testimony last week.

“I was very emotional last Thursday, more so than I have ever been,” Kavanaugh wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed. “I might have been too emotional at times. I know that my tone was sharp, and I said a few things I should not have said.”

He continued: “I hope everyone can understand that I was there as a son, husband and dad. I testified with five people foremost in my mind: my mom, my dad, my wife — and most of all my daughters.”

Kavanaugh appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27 for a hearing on allegations of sexual assault made by professor Christine Blasey Ford, who testified earlier in the day. During a 45-minute opening statement, Kavanaugh blasted Senate Democrats, the media and even Bill and Hillary Clinton for how he has been treated.

“This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups,” Kavanaugh said during his testimony. “This is a circus.”

If Kavanaugh gets through this and becomes a SCOTUS judge, he’s not going to be the goy he once was.

He has now witnessed the workings of the machine as intimately as any man ever will, and he is not going to forget what was done to him, he is not going to forget what he saw.

Everything works towards God’s Plan, and what has happened here is that a milquetoast Bush Republican has been forced to look the monster straight in the eyes, and see the unfathomable evil that lies there.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I put out this question a while back.

I can't say for sure whether Kavanaugh is or isn't the best man for the job. I also have to wonder what effect, if any, these proceedings will have on his judgment if he gets elected.

Bi partisan, fair-minded is hard enough.
    When you add the stress of proceedings like this, it might have a scarring effect that may show through some of his future deliberations.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How the fuck would Lyle be able to determine that?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breaking: empress Melania is obviously a racist and vows we will colonize Africa

A half a world away from the spectacle of Washington, Melania Trump still managed to create one of her own during a Kenyan safari on Friday, riding out into the grassland wearing a crisp white pith helmet — a common symbol of European colonial rule.

It may not have been the most glaring faux pas the hyper-scrutinized Mrs. Trump has ever made. That title probably goes to the “I really don’t care. Do U?” jacket she wore on the way to visit detained migrant children in Texas in June.

But to some — especially those who study African history — her fashion choice in Kenya was still a big error on the global stage: the sight of a first lady wearing something so closely associated with the exploitation of Africans.

Hours before Washington woke up, critics were pointing out how Mrs. Trump — who is here representing a husband widely reported to have disparaged African nations in vulgar terms — had fumbled this segment of her visit. Mrs. Trump is in Africa on a four-nation tour, with plans to visit Egypt this weekend after stops in Ghana, Malawi and Kenya.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the spectrum of national and global relevance, I normally put First Ladies pretty far down on the list.

With Melania, it's even lower.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the spectrum of national and global relevance, I normally put First Ladies pretty far down on the list.

With Melania, it's even lower.
    Well now that it’s been proven, this article is from the failing NYT, the the Empress is a racist you can put her down further

Thread Information