Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 138 of 312 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4666

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

THX1138....George Lucas' first big movie. You know what it needed? Kubrick, that's what it needed.

El Kabong Guest

Watched Disc 1 of Ken Burns' "Prohibition"......loads of great facts in there. People back in the 1860's drank 3 times...3 TIMES as much as people now. And of course AMERICANS were the hardest of the hard drinkers!!! And women whined and complained and manipulated their way to get the Temperance movement going.

El Kabong Guest

The fucking Teetotalers brought about the Income Tax!?!? Son....of.....a.....bitch! Like I needed more reasons to hate the teetotalers!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The fucking Teetotalers brought about the Income Tax!?!? Son....of.....a.....bitch! Like I needed more reasons to hate the teetotalers!

Were you drinking whilst watching this show?

This is typical of the kind of short term thought that many people use....with facts like...

People in the UK are drinking more than ever (if you consider ever to be since the 1970s). We're in the largest ever period of climate change. (The fuckin ice age? that was ....cold?)

Slap every teetotaler. And every Man Utd fan you meet today.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post

This is typical of the kind of short term thought that many people use....with facts like...

People in the UK are drinking more than ever (if you consider ever to be since the 1970s). We're in the largest ever period of climate change. (The fuckin ice age? that was ....cold?)

Of course I was drinking while watching it.

You English drink beer, the Americans back then were drinking liquor! Whiskey for breakfast my friend!

Teetotalers are annoying....as are those people who say we've brought about global warming.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing wrong with consecutive posting with increasing levels of uncouthness. It makes Bilbo angry and is thus a good thing.

I rewatched the Star Wars trilogy (the good ones) and enjoyed them immensely. Good wholesome fun. You look at the first hour of the first film in particular and see something so simple and effortless. It makes you question whether the new films were about anything more than trying to show off CGI which most people don't really give a hoot about.

It's a shame because the making of Vader had potential. But you see in the good trilogy a story unfolding over perhaps a several years. The bad trilogy tries to document an entire lifetime and is really just a lot of bullshit preamble to finally get Anakin in the black costume.

I like the idea of Anakin turning evil, but you just don't need any of the first film and instead could have made the second and third films with at least a plot that went through a drafting process.

Modern action flicks seem to pass the scripts over on a casual perusal basis and hope people will be into big robots or such crap. It's so lame.

Action flicks used to be so good without any of this 'let's just give 'em CGI' plop.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post

Of course I was drinking while watching it.

You English drink beer, the Americans back then were drinking liquor! Whiskey for breakfast my friend!

Teetotalers are annoying....as are those people who say we've brought about global warming.
    Well, in the 18th century Gin was the big problem for British drinkers, even though it does taste like drinking perfume through the filter of a shoe to my own personal palette.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just took the teen daughter and wife to watch Hunger Games. too many teens! but makes me smile with the wife is enjoying the screaming kids. The movie was alright. I'm waiting for Battleship to come out. I really liked Liam Nelson in Taken, I doubt he'll ever make one better.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    There is nothing wrong with consecutive posting with increasing levels of uncouthness. It makes Bilbo angry and is thus a good thing.

I rewatched the Star Wars trilogy (the good ones) and enjoyed them immensely. Good wholesome fun. You look at the first hour of the first film in particular and see something so simple and effortless. It makes you question whether the new films were about anything more than trying to show off CGI which most people don't really give a hoot about.

It's a shame because the making of Vader had potential. But you see in the good trilogy a story unfolding over perhaps a several years. The bad trilogy tries to document an entire lifetime and is really just a lot of bullshit preamble to finally get Anakin in the black costume.

I like the idea of Anakin turning evil, but you just don't need any of the first film and instead could have made the second and third films with at least a plot that went through a drafting process.

Modern action flicks seem to pass the scripts over on a casual perusal basis and hope people will be into big robots or such crap. It's so lame.

Action flicks used to be so good without any of this 'let's just give 'em CGI' plop.
    Really the Star Wars prequels could have been a lot better....I found them lame. 100% focused on CGI, its crap.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Avatar, quite good in a true hugging kind of way.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tree of life and this movie sucks, don't watch it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I thought that movie sucked. I have no idea what the fuss was about.

Btw, I thought his Titanic sucked as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Real Steel. Its fuckin Rocky 4 with robots. Deadset..ROCKY 4 !!!! Massive robot owned by an ice cold russian lady and the trainer says " What ever Zeus hits...he kills ". Final fight is nearly exactly the final fight in Rocky 4. But still not a bad movie.

Drive was fuckin terrible.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I haven't seen it yet, since it hasn't come out yet, but this movie looks like it's going to be funny. If you like Family Guy & Seth MacFarlane's humor, then you might like this as well.

It's called Ted, and it's with Mark Wahlberg & Mila Kunis.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I thought that movie sucked. I have no idea what the fuss was about.

Btw, I thought his Titanic sucked as well.
    How dare you, on the 100th year celebrations too.

Have you noticed the 3D films being recycled like Star Wars 1 and the Titanic. Greedy sods.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information