223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The EURO 2012 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Why is no one even talking about this match on now... fuck me even I'm watching it and I hate football
    Ha! Because we are all watching it.
    hope its not gonna take much longer as I have had to sky plus big Brother

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Italy by far the better side, justice was indeed done. We've probably been second best in each game we've played to be fair.

I was prepared to give England the benefit of the doubt following the France game in the hope that we would improve after a steady start, it just didnt happen.

Once again its like watching pub football, when we do get the ball the man in possession has one option if he's lucky and its easy to snuff out.

Individually we make up a strong team on paper, collectively however we still aint got a clue.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keepers never get critcized in penalty shoot outs, but Hart was awful. Never got close to a single pen. Guest wrong every time, except for the time the guy sent it wide. I fhe had've stood still until the players made contact, he would've save Pirlo's pen and the winning pen.

I don't ever want to see Ashley Young in an England shirt again!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Keepers never get critcized in penalty shoot outs, but Hart was awful. Never got close to a single pen. Guest wrong every time,
    he was pretty close to the first one taken and went the right way on the wide one... I though he done OK really.

cole trying to look cool with that lame tap and young's miss is what lost use the shootout no question.

and i guess battered wifes all over the country are in for it now

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

disappointed but not like its been over last twenty years - we were woeful

how come we cannot pass a basic pass ?

on saying that I have to wonder if we can ever psychologically ever win a penalty shootout again

Rooney was shite, Young was shiter, Casey Ryback belongs on a ship and I don't know where we go from here

We can't compete at top level. Time to curb the foreigners in the premier league and build our national game

I think thats the most upsetting thing about tonight - how far we are behind
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was kinda hoping England would win, but oh well... tough way to lose after playing 120 minutes full bore. But in honesty, the better team won. Italy had way more shots on goal than England, and had what... 60% ball control time?

In any case, I'll be rooting for Italy against Germany, and Spain against Portugal.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't pay full attention to it, more in the background but it seemed to me that England started well and then regressed. Also,every time I looked up it looked like Ashley Young was uncapable of doing even the simplest of things.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had ten players who slowly but surely became incapable of doing the simplest thing.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yesterday was so frustrating. Did it really not occur to anyone to put pressure on Pirlo? Seriously? He's been around for years, we've seen how good he is at club and international level. Yet we gave him the freedom of the midfield. Even during the game, no one on the touchline or the pitch thought "hang on a minute, that Pirlo chap is controlling this. Let's start pressuring him when he gets the ball." I was baffled by it. Pirlo is a brilliant player as it is, it probably isn't a good idea to stand off him and give him as much time and space on the ball as we did.

Rooney was shit too. He's done absolutely nothing internationally since Euro 2004. Why play him, I mean, what does he do? He's one of those players that either looks like a world beater or a pub player, there's no middle ground. Unfortunately it's been the latter for England for too long now.

At least we should have Wilshere and Cleverly in the team by the World Cup. No pressure lads.
    Last edited by Cressa121; 06-25-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having said that, quarter finals is about the best we could have hoped for coming in. We hardly had the best preparation for a tournament with the whole Capello/Terry situation and Hodgson coming in a few weeks before. It's just so annoying to constantly see England fail because we can't do basic things properly.
    Last edited by Cressa121; 06-25-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Cressa, England were poor and were going to do a Chelsea and play for penalties.

At the top level we were exposed. Carrol was on the floor and lost the ball, Young looked good during the friend lies but in the tournament he was awful. Rooney poor so were the rest of the team. Cannot keep possession of a football. Joke.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Agreed Cressa, England were poor and were going to do a Chelsea and play for penalties.

At the top level we were exposed. Carrol was on the floor and lost the ball, Young looked good during the friend lies but in the tournament he was awful. Rooney poor so were the rest of the team. Cannot keep possession of a football. Joke.
    We've had this problem for as long as I can remember.

The only thing I enjoyed about that game was Pirlo's little chip. Cool as ice.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

We've had this problem for as long as I can remember.

The only thing I enjoyed about that game was Pirlo's little chip. Cool as ice.
    What a cunt, brilliant though and you have to have nerves of steel to pull that off. Unlike Lineker's attempt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We did pretty much what I expected. Decent at the back and struggling to put the ball in the net asides from Sweden where we got a bit lucky. The penalties were very poor.

England need to start getting more scientific with penalties and focus upon other goalkeepers and what they do well and less so well. Same with spot takers. Considering how often we go to penalties we need to do our homework and plan for specific situations.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd prefer we learn to pass the fucking thing first

Charley Burley

Thread Information