Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 177 of 312 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4666

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Watched Machete it is so over the top that it is good. The Mexican women are truly beautiful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

The Mole man of Belmont Ave. - very funny, stupid but good for a laugh. 2 bums inherit their mother's Apartment complex and have to deal with an unwanted guest.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacific Rim

great movie for the kids in us who grew up on Godzilla and Ultraman.
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Lon Chaney's West of Zanzibar last night. Pretty good.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched, I'm in love with a church girl, i recommend it!

El Kabong Guest

"Horror" classic, 'The Stuff'.......meh, Michael Moriarty's forced Southern accent sucks, but other that is ok.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a project of making animated GIF's of the Balisong (aka Butterfly knife) from movies and tv. Have watched some movies recently but didn't post here:

1) Action Jackson - Carl Weathers aka Apollo Creed of the Rocky movies as a cop - one of the last stunts in the movie was so over-the-top it was fun and incredible! Craig T. Nelson of TV's Coach fame as the kickboxing bad guy who gets to see Vanity (ex gf of Prince) topless. Sharon Stone plays Craig's wife and was also topless but she was alone in the scene.

If you like over-the-top 1990's B-fare, this should be up your alley.

2) China Girl - 1980's movie directed by Abel Ferrara (director of King of New York, Bad Lieutenant) - retelling of Romeo and Juliet set in NYC Chinatown/Little Italy - for those that haven't been to NYC or know of it, Chinatown was on one side of Canal Street and on the other side is Little Italy. Was watching only for scenes of the Balisong knife and got sucked right back in watching this again. Worth a watch for Vivian Wu and good story/directing.

3) Kick-Ass I - man, forgot how good Hit Girl was in this!

4) Streets of Fire - one of my faves! 1984 - Walter Hill directed this actioner starring Michael Pare (best known for Eddie and the Cruisers and perhaps TV Series Greatest American Hero) as a hardboiled tough guy - as tough as they come! Rick Moranis (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Ghostbusters) steals the show IMO as the manager of the voluptuous singer played by Diane Lane (ex-GF of Pare's Tom Cody character). Moranis plays against type and tries to come across as a tough guy with the talk/hardboiled dialogue and is awesome. Willem Dafoe plays the bad guy who fights Pare with sledgehammers in the finale fight!

It has a tagline of "A Rock and Roll Fable" - and delivers on rock and roll on soundtrack - most notably, Fire Inc's "Tonight Is What It Means to be Young" and "Nowhere Fast". One track made Top 40 - Dan Hartman's "I Can Dream About You"

Well worth the watch and listen to soundtrack if this sounds like it's in your wheelhouse

5) Misson of Justice - 1992 B-movie martial arts actioner - Jeff Wincott turns in a good performance both acting-wise and martial arts-wise. Brigitte Nielsen (Beverly Hills Cop, Cobra, Sylvester Stallone's ex-wife) stars as the baddie. Karen Shepherd costars as Wincott's police partner until Wincott was suspended for 2 months for punching his superior officer. He infiltrates the "Peacekeepers" thinking they killed his friend played by Cedric Adams (playing what else, a boxing coach, former champ - and of course you all know him from the Rocky movies - real life, he was a former pro-boxer hence the typecasting).

Action fights are eye-candy, some slick but an above-average actioner and almost a forgettable movie if not for the "Stick Guantlet" scene. Some notable martial arts instructors I recognized - Burton Richardson and Damon Caro (one of the MA choreographers to 300) - both students of the great Dan Inosanto (himself a student of the great Bruce Lee). Wincott has to fight double sticks and run the gauntlet of others with double sticks.

Brigitte seemed not as sexy as she was in Beverly Hills Cops with Eddie Murphy or Cobra with Sly. She has big boobs and many times she was wearing a double breasted suit and it didn't look good.

Of the movies I wrote about in this post, IMO #2-4 are the ones you should watch if it interests you and have not seen before, and actually, they are good for a rewatch also!

If any of you are interested in seeing the GIF's I made of the Balisong knife from the movies/tv, please let me know.
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched idiocracy, it is stupid funny.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Everything must go starring Will Ferrell, it was good and funny.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World War Z- It underachieved.

Pacific Rim- I frantically looked for a time machine to get that 90 minutes back.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Fracture which was a clever legal drama film starring Antony Hopkins who shoots his wife and tries to get off the charge by clever means but faces a hot shot lawyer.

El Kabong Guest

'Tucker & Dale vs Evil' - that was an AMAZINGLY funny movie. I mean right from the get go it was hilarious. Basically 2 rednecks get mistaken for inbred sociopathic mass murderers and hilarity ensues...let's watch shall we?

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Re watched Casualties of War...forgot how twisted that was.

Also The Thin Red line. A -seriously- under appreciated film with great acting, Nolte blows the doors off! Biggest crime was being released in immediate aftermath of Saving Private Ryan and running 3 hrs didn't help. Love that movie!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of great war movies, I saw the Deer Hunter for about the 10th time a few nights ago. It and Bridge on the river Kwai are completely untouchable imo. For some reason I fucking hate Tom Hanks in anything but I thought Saving Private Ryan was kind of drawn out and cheesy even despite his goofy ass.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Better Tomorrow..

A prime Chow Yun Fat with a toothpick in his mouth with two .45s in his hands.. It's over..

Thread Information