Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 180 of 312 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4666

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

watched over christmas
    Up
    Shrek 4
    Harry Potter - half blood prince and part 1 which were rubbish.
    cars 2
    Toy Story
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up is a great film for kids and immature adults like myself. Was pretty spectacular in 3D..

Arthur Christmas was also fantastic.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the Alan Partridge film at long, bloody last. I have to say, I really enjoyed it, but I would have prefered a new series instead. The film had all the right moments, but really Lynn and Michael were mere cameos in this and in a series, you can write out extra characters more. I want another series 10 years on from the last more that Coogan who seems to want another film. Alan belongs in minor events, and messing them up. A siege type thing could only be a one off.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

American Hustle - Christian Bales new movie.

Good story , good movie, he might get an oscar I reckon

Well worth a watch

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

American Hustle was like a homage to Martin Scorsese and Bale was doing a De Niro impression. I enjoyed it. Great characters and some memorable scenes. Definitely will watch it again soon.

Out of the Furnace - If you like bleak revenge dramas about doomed characters, like me, you'll like this.

Only God Forgives - fuck knows what was going on in this? Basically a boring arthouse film all about style/look/settting etc.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-03-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elysium - Matt Damon, nuff said. Matt did the end of Armagedon much better than Bruce Willis did. He also managd to break his arm on the way to work, get nicked, get to hospital, get it fixed, have a meeting with his robot parole officer, chat up his nurse mate and all that only cost him half a shift. The decaying earth they lived on looked shit but the health care was outstanding.

Man of Steel - I liked it, decent entertainment for a couple of hours, Zod was brilliant. I dont really know the story properly and watched it with someone who did, they kept tutting so I had to stab them.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched The Grave of the Fireflies, a Japanese animation film from 1988. The Americans are destroying Japan and Seito is forced to look after his sister Setsuko after his Mum dies. It is beautifully drawn film, with some lovely music, but boy, is it a sad one. The best thing I have seen in a while, a really bleak portrait of a nation at the end of war and empire.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I watched The Grave of the Fireflies, a Japanese animation film from 1988. The Americans are destroying Japan and Seito is forced to look after his sister Setsuko after his Mum dies. It is beautifully drawn film, with some lovely music, but boy, is it a sad one. The best thing I have seen in a while, a really bleak portrait of a nation at the end of war and empire.
    My wife had the same review.

I cannot bring myself to watch it.

Props!
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Turbo - a DreamWorks animated film

good movie - stereotypical against-all-odds, follow-your-dream theme, feel-good-at-the-end - great to watch with my kids

about a slug that through a loophole is racing in the Indiananapolis 500!
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rush - A must see film... How come none of you English blokes ever talked about the rivalry between these 2 and never mentioned how fucken cool James Hunt was? I strongly recommend this one.

Lone Survivor - Based on a true story about 4 Navy Seals who were attacked by the Taliban... Must see what a great film this was.

Class of 92 - Footy documentary about Man Untd players. What a solid documentary this was and watching those moments replay was top stuff. Had to keep putting it back when Nicky Butt talked his thick accent I couldn't understand for shit was he was saying... lmao.

Carrie - The new remake it was ok... I mean you seen the first one you've seen this one. Worth a watch.

Miss Bala - It's a Mexican film about a girl who want's to be in a beauty peagent and on a night out ends up getting involved with drug traffickers.

Runner Runner - I def. recommend watching it... It was an interesting storyline. I will say the ending is a bit anticipated/you kinda figured it out before it happened. But a good watch nonetheless.

Don Jon - It was decent... It started off a little repetative but then picked up halfway. Overall its worth a watch.

Will try and watch these during the week...
    Anchor Man 2
    Gravity
    American Hustle
    Thor Dark World
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 01-06-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just finished watching Blue Velvet, great movie I thought. Seriously fucked up but with great performances all round and a solid mystery film. Dennis Hopper plays the most psychotic villain I've perhaps ever seen, purely disturbing. The whole movie is completely insane really, but that's David Lynch's thing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elysium - Memphis, you gave Matt's ending away you utter cunt. Not that it wasn't obvious or even mattered much to the story

In Their Skin - this is like a diluted shit version of "Funny Games." I would have shot the kid, "wife" and cunt within about 10 seconds of them coming in my house. If you've got a gun and someone is the otherside of the door talking to you, just shoot the cunt through the door. The end.

Fire with Fire - starts interesting, a fireman is a witness to a murder by a major white supremacist so goes into witness protection. The next 80 mins are stupid painting by numbers pony action rubbish.

Gravity - I liked this. It's not a sci-fi movie more about survival, life, evolution, loss, etc set in space.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I just finished watching Blue Velvet, great movie I thought. Seriously fucked up but with great performances all round and a solid mystery film. Dennis Hopper plays the most psychotic villain I've perhaps ever seen, purely disturbing. The whole movie is completely insane really, but that's David Lynch's thing.
    agreed!

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched American Hustle and Lone Survivor and they were worth watching but nothing to write home about. The women were great in American Hustle. Those nails and that long leather coat.

I watched a couple more recent movies but can't even remember which ones so they couldn't have been that good. I did rewatch a few classic movies and they all blow everything else to bits. If you haven't watched these films you need to.

Un prophete.
    City of god.
    The Jaques Mesrine films starring Vincent Cassel.
    The lives of others.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

American Hustle is a great film.

Amy Adams almost had me fooled with that accent. Story got a little confusing for me towards the end... Will have to rewatch
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information