Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Wins Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who Wins Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Everyone apart from those in the know will be surprised how easy this fight will be..

Floyd will fight like floyd but even sharper and will just outpoint and counter to victory.

Theres nothing complicated to think about.

2009 pac would be up against a 2009 floyd..floyd has kept performing and winning whilst pac gets beaten and outboxed with 5 losses.

Pac is a great fighter and is easily the p4p best after marquez and he would put up a great fight against floyd but as the rounds draw on and pac gets more sloppy and desperate he just gets countered.

It really will be a huge disapointment for many die hard fans so its best they dont fight and then we could always wonder.

Broner and khan could beat pac.

Marquez gets knocked down three times and still gets the draw..come on!

So many flaws, and on top of that he cant hurt rios or ko his fragile last opponent.

Pac can never soundly beat a smart counter puncher which is evident with marquez so what in the world makes you think he can beat the best counter puncher on earth, with a great chin, quicker hands and better defense than a 40 yr old marquez.

Floyd beats every type of pac and adjusts to any style..it happens all the time.
    There is only one type of Pac and he is coming after your boy. The minute you said Khan and then Broner would beat Pac everything just turned into custard.

Spoon please
    Call me crazy but I think Khan can win a decision against anyone in a given day; if he can protect his chin for 12 rounds (which I recon is not very likely) he can outjob and outrun Pac or anybody else. Forget about the clown, he doesn’t even deserve the shot.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think these guys should agree for a draw and make a fight for fans, get away with 50M each or so.
    Happy end.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most likely scenario: After a slow start Floyd makes the adjustment in round four. Three tactics for Floyd allow him to take over. First, Floyd brings his jab out and it keeps Manny at a distance, busts him up and disrupts his rhythm, much like Morales did. Next, Floyd figures Manny out and begins to slip and counter between Manny's punches. Finally, Floyd understands that Manny needs leverage and to put his bodyweight in to have the big power so afloyd continually forces Manny backwards and to fight off the back foot. Floyd ups the pressure late in hopes of a stoppage but may have to settle for a points win.

Possible scenario: Floyd has slipped and Manny comes in more excited and hyped than he has in years. Manny uses his speed and a high work rate to keep Floyd on the defensive and win a disputed decision.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

heres the problem, pac hasnt KO'd anybody for a while. the chances of him knocking out mayweather is very small. if he cant knock him out, i dont see how he wins a decision. pac isnt like maidana to where he just makes the fight rough and uncomfortable. maidana is also very durable and has a great chin. pac is an awkward boxer puncher. i say awkward because he isnt a typical boxer puncher. people think of him as a huge KO puncher, but he doesnt fight on the inside. he usually uses his foot and hand speed to set up huge shots from all over.

the difference with this fight is that pac will get countered very hard early in the fight. after that, pac will start to realize that he is for once fighting somebody as fast, if not faster, than him. after a few more counters, he will be very hesitant to come in anymore and will quick trying to go for the big shot but will stick to boxing on the outside. this will slowly become a normal mayweather fight and pac will look super vulnerable for the first time in his career. he will look average at best. then after the fight is over, pac fans will say that he has slipped a ton and that he would have beaten floyd 5 years ago, but in reality, he is lucky he didnt fight floyd 5 years ago because i dont see pac finishing the fight at the point of floyds career.

floyd by easy UD as normal.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are correct (obviously) when you say Manny hasn't scored a k.o. in years. A few points that, in my opinion, negate that fact:
    1) While Manny didn't stop Algieri, he brutalized the kid and had him on the canvas multiple times. Algieri isn't Floyd, I'm not saying that, I'm just pointing out that his beating of Algieri was as close as u can get to a k.o. without getting one.
    2) Margarito, Clottey...etc., were much larger fighters and were durable guys. Those guys are hard to stop due to their style. Rios is also a very durable fighter as was Shane Mosely, I don't think its a sign of deterioration to not stop guys with world class chins.
    3). Most of the guys listed in my above two points focused more on surviving than winning vs Manny. It's very hard to get the k.o. when the other guy just wants to see the final bell, especially when they are larger and have world class chins.
    4). Regardless of who Manny hasn't stopped, Floyd will have to respect his punch. With that, Manny has fast feet and is a high volume puncher. I don't see him blowing Floyd out in any scenario, but I do see a case/possibility where he could get the decision by just throwing a lot of shots that the judges favor over Floyd's defense and precision counters.

I feel Floyd is the favorite in this one. I also feel like it is the most intriguing fight out there now n that Manny has a better shot at winning than anyone else Floyd has fought in YEARS.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iwng100 View Post
    Everyone apart from those in the know will be surprised how easy this fight will be..

Floyd will fight like floyd but even sharper and will just outpoint and counter to victory.

Theres nothing complicated to think
    about.

2009 pac would be up against a 2009 floyd..floyd has kept performing and winning whilst pac

gets beaten and outboxed with 5 losses.

Pac is a great fighter and is easily

the p4p best after marquez and he would put up a great fight against floyd but as the rounds draw on and pac gets more sloppy and desperate he just gets countered.

It really will be a huge disapointment for many die hard fans so its best they dont fight and then we could always wonder.

Marquez gets knocked down three

times and still gets the draw..come
    on!

So many flaws, and on top of that he cant hurt rios or ko his fragile last opponent.

Pac can never soundly beat a smart counter puncher which is evident with marquez so what in the world makes you think he can beat the best counter puncher on earth, with

a great chin, quicker hands and better defense than a 40 yr old marquez.

Floyd beats every type of pac and

adjusts to any style..it happens all
    the time.
    There is only one type of Pac and he is coming after your boy. The minute you said Khan and then Broner would beat Pac everything
    just turned into custard.

Spoon please
    Call me crazy but I think Khan can win a decision against anyone in a
    given day; if he can protect his chin
    for 12 rounds (which I recon is not very likely) he can outjob and outrun Pac or anybody else. Forget about the clown, he doesn’t even deserve the shot.
    I truly believe that even now, Pac and Floyd would both beat Khan and Broner on the
    same night!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

about.

2009 pac would be up against a 2009 floyd..floyd has kept performing and winning whilst pac

the p4p best after marquez and he would put up a great fight against floyd but as the rounds draw on and pac gets more sloppy and desperate he just gets countered.

on!

Pac can never soundly beat a smart counter puncher which is evident with marquez so what in the world makes you think he can beat the best counter puncher on earth, with

the time.
    There is only one type of Pac and he is coming after your boy. The minute you said Khan and then Broner would beat Pac everything

Spoon please
    for 12 rounds (which I recon is not very likely) he can outjob and outrun Pac or anybody else. Forget about the clown, he doesn’t even deserve the shot.
    I truly believe that even now, Pac and Floyd would both beat Khan and Broner on the
    same night!
    If floyd and khan happens early next year I'm betting on khan plus I would pic broner to beat pacman people are getting carried away because pacman beat two bumbs in a row lol

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

about.

on!

the time.

Spoon please
    same night!
    If floyd and khan happens early next year I'm betting on khan plus I would pic broner to beat pacman people are getting carried away because pacman beat two bumbs in a row lol
    Broner would make it three bums in a row.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    You are correct (obviously) when you say Manny hasn't scored a k.o. in years. A few points that, in my opinion, negate that fact:
    1) While Manny didn't stop Algieri, he brutalized the kid and had him on the canvas multiple times. Algieri isn't Floyd, I'm not saying that, I'm just pointing out that his beating of Algieri was as close as u can get to a k.o. without getting one.
    2) Margarito, Clottey...etc., were much larger fighters and were durable guys. Those guys are hard to stop due to their style. Rios is also a very durable fighter as was Shane Mosely, I don't think its a sign of deterioration to not stop guys with world class chins.
    3). Most of the guys listed in my above two points focused more on surviving than winning vs Manny. It's very hard to get the k.o. when the other guy just wants to see the final bell, especially when they are larger and have world class chins.
    4). Regardless of who Manny hasn't stopped, Floyd will have to respect his punch. With that, Manny has fast feet and is a high volume puncher. I don't see him blowing Floyd out in any scenario, but I do see a case/possibility where he could get the decision by just throwing a lot of shots that the judges favor over Floyd's defense and precision counters.

I feel Floyd is the favorite in this one. I also feel like it is the most intriguing fight out there now n that Manny has a better shot at winning than anyone else Floyd has fought in YEARS.
    1)i agree but algieri isnt some world class fighter. IMO, for being known as a fighter that KO's people, he should have been able to. for example, i think if cotto dropped back to welter and fought algieri, cotto would stop him. im just saying this to give my opinion that algieri wouldnt survive with other top fighters around that weight but he did with pac. obviously i dont know but i think that would be the case.
    2)i agree again that these were all fighters who are known to have great chins which is fine. even fighters with great chins can get stopped though if you deal enough punishment. just see what mosley did to margo. for someone like rios, i think that pac should have been on a level so much higher than him that he should have been able to beat him bad enough to get the stoppage at least. and i dont buy into the "pac is merciful." thats just an excuse.
    3)true, but see my above two points.
    4)floyd will definitely have to respect pac's punching power but that isnt a new thing. he has fought many fighters whose power he had to respect. he has also dealt with high volume punchers. like i said before in my post though, the difference between pac's high volume punching and someone like maidana is that pac doesnt make the fight ugly. he mainly throws at weird angles and just jumps in and out. i think that just like JMM does to pac every fight, floyd will limit his power shots massively.

this may or may not be true and we wont know until/if we see the fight but i dont see this at all being one of floyds toughest fights. i would say that it wouldnt even crack his top 5 maybe even top 10. this isnt because pac isnt better than other fighters that floyd has fought, but i think its just a good style match up for floyd and a bad one for pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Manny had been dropping opponents down, a number of people had accused Floyd of having avoided him. Now that Manny can't even stop some bums, shouldn't Floyd have developed the nerve to fight him?
    Manny is calling Floyd out. Where's the nerve, Floyd?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a turn of events. Both parties have seen weakness in the other and again the push is on. Floyd looks dejected and mentally shot and Manny was out of position with his hands wide and down at his side more times in the Algieri fight then his entire career combined.

Just a different kind of equal.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the fight is in Vegas , only place Floyd fights, Manny would win the fight but get robbed & Floyd gets the dec. C'mon face it guys Its like he's fighting in his own backyard. If Manny did KO Floyd or stop him they'd find a reason to DQ him. With Kenny Bayless as Floyds minder Manny would be fighting two guys
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    If the fight is in Vegas , only place Floyd fights, Manny would win the fight but get robbed & Floyd gets the dec. C'mon face it guys Its like he's fighting in his own backyard. If Manny did KO Floyd or stop him they'd find a reason to DQ him. With Kenny Bayless as Floyds minder Manny would be fighting two guys
    My god! You Pactards are dumb.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 11-29-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    BS more like floyd would get robbed he's had shocking judges scorecards go against him the last few years

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has to respect Manny's punch for sure, he hits hard and he hits fast.

What I find hilarious is when people bring up the fact that Manny is a volume puncher, like they expect Manny to throw as many punches against Floyd as he did against a slow plodder.

Margarito - 1069 punches
    Bradley - 751
    Cotto - 780
    DLH - 585 (over only 8 rounds, so on pace for about 800)
    Rios - 790

So Pac likes throwing about 800 punches over a 12 round fight. If you look at the guy Pac fought most comparable to Floyd - JMM - his punch output was down to about 600 each time. What do people think is going to happen to his punch output when he fights Floyd, a guy better than JMM in every category who will also refuse to engage in exchanges like JMM did with Pac? People don't volume punch vs Floyd, Manny's no exception.

Thread Information