Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr's Next Fight Announcement

I can't be bothered to look at their records so you tell me who Judah/Mitchell/Gatti fought that are better than who Tony has fought?

Yeah but that's the thing,Floyd doesnt care about the unifying,look at 140!!!! He is taking the Baldo fight because he has no other options except Spinks..and I definitely want to see the PPV numbers for either fight!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    I can't be bothered to look at their records so you tell me who Judah/Mitchell/Gatti fought that are better than who Tony has fought?
    You shouldn't have to babe...that just jumps to mind.

Who have they fought that are better than anyone on Tony's record...

Floyd: To many to name...but if you must have a few: Castillo, Corrales, & Hernandez.
    Judah: Floyd, Kostya, & Spinks.
    Mitchell: Kostya, Ndou, Tackie, & you can go on & on.
    Gatti: Oscar, Floyd, Baldomir, Dorin, & again...the list can go on & on.

Yeah but that's the thing,Floyd doesnt care about the unifying,look at 140!!!! He is taking the Baldo fight because he has no other options except Spinks..and I definitely want to see the PPV numbers for either fight!!
    All Floyd has to do to unify is to beat Baldo...after that...he'll blow through Tony. Spinks too IWO...but then again...as I have said in the past...this is only if he can hange with the weight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

COOL CLICK bro u said the key word here and it is: WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!

now go to my ENTOURAGE SEASON 3 thread and drop some knowledge there bro! hollaaaaaaaar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    COOL CLICK bro u said the key word here and it is: WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!

now go to my ENTOURAGE SEASON 3 thread and drop some knowledge there bro! hollaaaaaaaar
    ...and just where would that thread reside? Gimmee a link to the Drama.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Didn't I hear this same report 3 weeks ago? I'll beleive it when I see it.
    This just up on boxingtalk, btw:

IBF SANCTIONS SPINKS-MAYWEATHER FOR NOVEMBER 4!
    By G. Leon

It appears that undefeated pound for pound Floyd Mayweather Jr could be moving up to junior middleweight to challenge IBF champion Cory Spinks. Although Mayweather advisor Leonard Ellerbe had "no comment" when we phoned him earlier, Boxingtalk can confirm that the IBF has decided to sanction Spinks-Mayweather, much to the dismay of Artie Pelullo, who promotes Spinks mandatory challenger Rodney Jones. "Yes I am aware of their decision and it's completely contradictory to their rules, but I've been in touch with my lawyers and they're already on it," said Pelullo. Spinks manager and trainer Kevin Cunningham had no comment as well. More to follow, until then Remember where you heard it first! (6:22 PM EST)

Update: Moments ago Boxingtalk spoke with IBF President Marian Muhammad, who also confirmed the sanctioning of Spinks-Mayweather for November 4!

Second Update: Boxingtalk also understands that Dan Goossen will be the promoter of record on the Mayweather side of the fence and that the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada could be the frontrunner to land the fight. Dan Goossen was unavailable for immediate comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guarranty that tony will generate more money then Henry Brusseles, anyone remeber him? I know you dont and you know why he is a nobody pbf fought a few years ago, and how is everyone going to their chance when pbf the #1P4P is only fighting once or twice a year. remeber Jose Luis Castillo he used to fight three to four times a year because he wanted too so if pbf wanted too he could. I think he is a great boxer but he needs to step up and maybe fight more often and fight the #1 1 contender at any weight between 140 and 154 after all two weeks ago in an interview with Steven A. Smith in quite frankly he said he is the only fighter able to fight at those at the same time. he needs to fight Margarito, baldomir,mosley,hatton,and Oscar.

El Kabong Guest

The fans WANT to see Baldomir or Margarito....fuck PBF!

De la Hoya fight won't happen

Mosley says Floyd should take out one of the aforementioned fighters before they fight

What the hell has Spinks done at 147 besides beat Mayorga and lose to Judah?

Fighters as good as Floyd need to push themselves and show the fans how good they really are...imagine it's your JOB I mean this is what Floyd does for a living!!!

He's fighting guys who he should just destroy but there are percieved CHALLENGES out there for him and he could really prove himself but he doesn't he blames money, fans, promoters, etc.

FLOYD, YOU'RE FIRED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pick Baldo but Pbf will want an easier fight so I think he will choose Spinks who was KO by Judah
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since when has PBF fought those that are deserving? Thats why most people in this thread have weak points...What did Corley do to get a shot? Gatti? Mitchell?Heck please someone tell me what are Zab Judahs biggest wins?? I could go on forever so saying Margarito is not "deserving" is a weak weak point as I have illustrated.

My dream would be a Margarito announcement...I know it won't and we all know why.

I wouldn't mind a Baldo

Spinks would suck big time....Spinks has fought once in nearly 2 years,barely beat Karmazin and should be giving Karmazin a rematch. I don't think it will be Corey because I saw on another site both Corey and his trainer dissing Floyd for NOT fighting Corey so i'm not sure.

Frozensolid,weak points,I think you'll find quite a few fighters Tony fought were ranked(heck even Lujan was number 10 RING magazine) and Margarito is NOT number 2 in ESPN and Rings top WW for no reason......

Exactly,we are going in 1 big circle....

excellant point Game!

AND Floyed has become a boxer who only fights guys that he has seen dominated by someone else. Why dont he take a risk and fight Ouma?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    The fans WANT to see Baldomir or Margarito....fuck PBF!

De la Hoya fight won't happen

Mosley says Floyd should take out one of the aforementioned fighters before they fight

What the hell has Spinks done at 147 besides beat Mayorga and lose to Judah?

Fighters as good as Floyd need to push themselves and show the fans how good they really are...imagine it's your JOB I mean this is what Floyd does for a living!!!

He's fighting guys who he should just destroy but there are percieved CHALLENGES out there for him and he could really prove himself but he doesn't he blames money, fans, promoters, etc.

FLOYD, YOU'RE FIRED!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by a4mrmarine
    I guarranty that tony will generate more money then Henry Brusseles, anyone remeber him? I know you dont and you know why he is a nobody pbf fought a few years ago, and how is everyone going to their chance when pbf the #1P4P is only fighting once or twice a year. remeber Jose Luis Castillo he used to fight three to four times a year because he wanted too so if pbf wanted too he could. I think he is a great boxer but he needs to step up and maybe fight more often and fight the #1 1 contender at any weight between 140 and 154 after all two weeks ago in an interview with Steven A. Smith in quite frankly he said he is the only fighter able to fight at those at the same time. he needs to fight Margarito, baldomir,mosley,hatton,and Oscar.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by maracho
    Since when has PBF fought those that are deserving? Thats why most people in this thread have weak points...What did Corley do to get a shot? Gatti? Mitchell?Heck please someone tell me what are Zab Judahs biggest wins?? I could go on forever so saying Margarito is not "deserving" is a weak weak point as I have illustrated.

My dream would be a Margarito announcement...I know it won't and we all know why.

I wouldn't mind a Baldo

Spinks would suck big time....Spinks has fought once in nearly 2 years,barely beat Karmazin and should be giving Karmazin a rematch. I don't think it will be Corey because I saw on another site both Corey and his trainer dissing Floyd for NOT fighting Corey so i'm not sure.

Frozensolid,weak points,I think you'll find quite a few fighters Tony fought were ranked(heck even Lujan was number 10 RING magazine) and Margarito is NOT number 2 in ESPN and Rings top WW for no reason......

Exactly,we are going in 1 big circle....

excellant point Game!

AND Floyed has become a boxer who only fights guys that he has seen dominated by someone else. Why dont he take a risk and fight Ouma?
    Agreed.CC's to you guys although Maracho,I owe you in 24 as I just clicked you!

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    You shouldn't have to babe...that just jumps to mind.

Who have they fought that are better than anyone on Tony's record...

Floyd: To many to name...but if you must have a few: Castillo, Corrales, & Hernandez.
    Judah: Floyd, Kostya, & Spinks.
    Mitchell: Kostya, Ndou, Tackie, & you can go on & on.
    Gatti: Oscar, Floyd, Baldomir, Dorin, & again...the list can go on & on.

All Floyd has to do to unify is to beat Baldo...after that...he'll blow through Tony. Spinks too IWO...but then again...as I have said in the past...this is only if he can hange with the weight.
    Sorry,poor wording than me,who have they beaten that is better than who Tony has beaten....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha ha floyd mayweather i expect you to fight spinks and the word cherry picked comes to mind. But hey what are we to expect from a fighter that just takes easy fights and easy money in the last 3/4 years. like floyd keeps saying everyone wants to fight him and his got loads of options yet he will fight spinks or baldi. cant believe floyds fans still believe he is the truth i tell you he is a fraud and should be investigated by the fbi.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    This just up on boxingtalk, btw:

IBF SANCTIONS SPINKS-MAYWEATHER FOR NOVEMBER 4!
    By G. Leon

It appears that undefeated pound for pound Floyd Mayweather Jr could be moving up to junior middleweight to challenge IBF champion Cory Spinks. Although Mayweather advisor Leonard Ellerbe had "no comment" when we phoned him earlier, Boxingtalk can confirm that the IBF has decided to sanction Spinks-Mayweather, much to the dismay of Artie Pelullo, who promotes Spinks mandatory challenger Rodney Jones. "Yes I am aware of their decision and it's completely contradictory to their rules, but I've been in touch with my lawyers and they're already on it," said Pelullo. Spinks manager and trainer Kevin Cunningham had no comment as well. More to follow, until then Remember where you heard it first! (6:22 PM EST)

Update: Moments ago Boxingtalk spoke with IBF President Marian Muhammad, who also confirmed the sanctioning of Spinks-Mayweather for November 4!

Second Update: Boxingtalk also understands that Dan Goossen will be the promoter of record on the Mayweather side of the fence and that the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada could be the frontrunner to land the fight. Dan Goossen was unavailable for immediate comment.
    Spinks is a good solid fighter, boring as all hell, but he's got some good wins so its not soft opposition.

I just don't understand why PBF wants to move up weight so fast, I mean I would assume 154 would be the cap for him, but maybe he'll just move right up to 160. Atlthough even in moving up weight he's done it in a kind of clever way, he moved up to 147 but the only two guys he fought were Judah and Mitchell, solid fighters but guys that moved up from 140 and weren't physical fighters, they were boxer mover types. Now he may move up to 154 but to fight Spinks, a former 147 pounder that, like Judah and Sharmba, is not a physical fighter, not the type of guy that will use a strength advantage. I think he'll beat Cory but he might run into some trouble with strong skilled fighters if he keeps moving up.

Thread Information