Thread: Your worst boxing predictions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your worst boxing predictions?

Ryan Rhodes to KO Paul Jones in round 8 the bad the about the prediction was i did'nt put the bet on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really screwed the pooch on Lacy vs Calzaghe

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was picking my boys up from there nativity rehersal tonight and just happened to be wearing my team hatton T-shirt. One of the dads strolls up and says "watching the fight then Matt? Hattons gonno murder him aint he"

I had to say sorry mate, I reckon he's gonna get a pasting. Of course he wasnt having it, "nah...nah Ricks gonna smash him, body shot...." So like a prick I try to offer some reasoning, after all Im a 'proper' fan, like to think Ive got half a clue and all that bollocks.

I'll be glad if Im wrong but a little part of me doesnt want Rick to win now just so I dont have to bump into this clown again and get the "I told you so's"

By the way.....Hide over Klitschko??

Bruno to beat Tyson second time of asking, Benn to beat Collins. Neither of them two are shocking, but it was the manner in which I got it wrong. Both times of asking were similar to what Ive got going on with the nativity play Dad, I was offering some logic to someone that didnt want to hear it and I got it wrong.

Dont let me down Floyd
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu v Hatton, I really thought the Fatboy would be out of there inside 5 rounds! Good on him for proving me and a lot others wrong, I like the fatboy and i hope he does well against PBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have made a bunch.....

Toney over Griffin

Duran over Leonard in the second fight

Lewis over Rahman in their first fight

Jones over Johnson

Judah over Tszyu

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    I was picking my boys up from there nativity rehersal tonight and just happened to be wearing my team hatton T-shirt. One of the dads strolls up and says "watching the fight then Matt? Hattons gonno murder him aint he"

I had to say sorry mate, I reckon he's gonna get a pasting. Of course he wasnt having it, "nah...nah Ricks gonna smash him, body shot...." So like a prick I try to offer some reasoning, after all Im a 'proper' fan, like to think Ive got half a clue and all that bollocks.

I'll be glad if Im wrong but a little part of me doesnt want Rick to win now just so I dont have to bump into this clown again and get the "I told you so's"

By the way.....Hide over Klitschko??

Bruno to beat Tyson second time of asking, Benn to beat Collins. Neither of them two are shocking, but it was the manner in which I got it wrong. Both times of asking were similar to what Ive got going on with the nativity play Dad, I was offering some logic to someone that didnt want to hear it and I got it wrong.

Dont let me down Floyd

Ive had that ALL week. And even had to try and justify myself to people explaining - I WANT Hatton to win, really, really, really WANT Hatton to win I really WANT him to make me wrong just don't think he will.

Worst picks - Not me but I watched Naz-Hardy with a former Brit pro boxer.. he picked Hardy. True.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nate Campbell-Kid Diamond

I was absolutely 100 percent convinced that Diamond would beat Campbell after seeing Nate look like such a** against Fransisco Lorenzo and not only did Diamond lose it was brutal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan Rhodes to KO Jason Mathews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably Lewis to k.o. Rahman and McCall in their 1st fights I was pretty unhappy about those
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Memphis - I'm in a similar position, although I desperately want Ricky to win no matter what. I teach at a comprehensive, and the kids I teach, who only ever talk about boxing when Kahn's fighting, keep asking me about the fight. I keep telling them that Mayweather is too quick, too versatile and very intelligent, but they aint having any of it. The power of the press has taken over, just as it does with the England team. If Ricky loses, let's see how much coverage he gets after. He deserves total respect anyway, for being a great fighter and a great bloke (as far as I can tell).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck's sake I just took a look at the predictions board and while I've been on a roll with the big fights, really haven't missed one since Pavlik-Miranda, I somehow managed to pick David Estrada over Andre Berto. Don't even remember doing that and have absolutely no clue why I did.

Picked him by TKO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Felix Trinidad to knock Oscar smooth the fuck out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are listing huge upsets. Are huge upsets really bad picks? I wouldn't say so.

A bad pick is as Ouma said at the start - Gatti to beat Floyd or Baldomir to beat Floyd.

Thinking back I picked Robinson to beat Naz and was CONVINCED McCullough would beat Scott Harrison.. shockingly wrong
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Soliman to UD Mundine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wright
    Memphis - I'm in a similar position, although I desperately want Ricky to win no matter what. I teach at a comprehensive, and the kids I teach, who only ever talk about boxing when Kahn's fighting, keep asking me about the fight. I keep telling them that Mayweather is too quick, too versatile and very intelligent, but they aint having any of it. The power of the press has taken over, just as it does with the England team. If Ricky loses, let's see how much coverage he gets after. He deserves total respect anyway, for being a great fighter and a great bloke (as far as I can tell).
    There's no shame to losing to the so-called number one fighter. Unless you get Gatti-ized. Or look amateur-ish.

If Ricki ends up landing 80 punches in a near-shutout, then that is an embarrassment. But if he loses 116-112, then he'll be fine.

Thread Information