Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Oscar Larios
    I don't remember that.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Look i don't know all the history of where all the boxers are born or whatever.
    If your gonna do a list of Jamaican fighters shouldn't you know if they were born there or not?

All i know is that there Mexican. I couldn't careless where they were born there still Mexican.
    ICB, I'm gonna be honest with you about something here this is one of the most absurd and ridiculous parts of a post I have ever seen and I've seen some ridiculous ones.

"All I know is that there Mexican"
    Juan Diaz was born in Texas that's in the United States of America that by law makes him American unless he nationalizes himself by another country.

"I couldn't careless where they are born they are still Mexican"
    Well you have to care where they are born cause your listing 'Mexican Fighters' in order for them to be on the list they need to have been born in Mexico. THEY WERE BORN IN THE U.S. and THEIR PARENTS WERE BORN IN MEXICO. I'm starting to think I must be typing in Japanese here or something.
    Can somebody confirm or deny this for me?
    I agree with you 100%. No need for my input, As you pretty much covered everything I would of said

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    1. JCC
    2. 'Finito' Lopez
    3. Olivares
    4. Sanchez
    5. Roman
    6. Canto
    7. Erik
    8. Saldivar
    9. MAB
    10. 'Chiquita' (Vastly overlooked in the All-Times lists)

Honors: JMM, Zaragoza, Zarate, Efren, Pintor, Medina, 'Santa Tokyo', 'Cobrita', Arce, Zurita, Kid Azteca, Rafa, Herrera, Montiel.
    Honors for Montiel, but not Gonzalez? Surely his wins over Johnson, Sor Vorapin, Montiel count for something, his only recent losses
    are to Vazquez (knocked down Israel twice) and Penalosa (he just got caught) Who else has knocked down Israel?
    Right on killer... I mean I just wanted to throw some names out if I was listing the honors also in order then the list would go on with some names droping or moving. I mean you still got Marcos Villasana, 'Raton' Macias, Arredondo, Torres, Arizmendi, Paez, Chucho, Cazares, 'Yaqui' Lopez to name a few.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar Larios
    I don't remember that.
    I think that was shown on ESPNs:Friday Night Fights...
    Larios stopped him late...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

Larios pretty much put it on Vazquez that second fight.

Interesting that Oscar's thought of as past it and out of the loop and Vazquez is a P4P guy and only a year younger than Oscar.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting I looked on boxrec to see which guy was older and they had one of he judges having it 105-104 when Larios stopped him. Seemed like I remember Larios being more dominant, wasn't a total beatdown, was still close enough to be an exciting fight but seems like Larios was fairly dominant. The other judges did have it wider.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar Larios
    I don't remember that.
    I think that was shown on ESPNs:Friday Night Fights...
    Larios stopped him late...
    Hmm I'm gonna have to look for that one.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

ICB Guest

If your gonna do a list of Jamaican fighters shouldn't you know if they were born there or not?

All i know is that there Mexican. I couldn't careless where they were born there still Mexican.
    ICB, I'm gonna be honest with you about something here this is one of the most absurd and ridiculous parts of a post I have ever seen and I've seen some ridiculous ones.

Juan Diaz was born in Texas that's in the United States of America that by law makes him American unless he nationalizes himself by another country.

Well you have to care where they are born cause your listing 'Mexican Fighters' in order for them to be on the list they need to have been born in Mexico. THEY WERE BORN IN THE U.S. and THEIR PARENTS WERE BORN IN MEXICO. I'm starting to think I must be typing in Japanese here or something.

Unbelievable you want to debate this again ??

Oh well thats your problem, i just have a different opinion and you have to insult me ?? Im English yes ?? so say if i was born in the USA or any other country. It would still make me English how hard is that too understand ?? and why do you keep bringing this up ??

Mexican/American whatever he is still Mexican is he not ?? i didn't think when i started this thread that people were going to be so picky on Mexican/American subject jesus

No you don't because technically there still Mexican. Yes Diaz was born in USA and he is Mexican/American BUT THAT STILL MAKES HIM MEXICAN. It doesn't matter where there born there still Mexican thats a fact. Like i said earlier if i was born in another Country it would still make me English end of. I didn't think you would be so picky on American/Mexican subject and so insulting in fact im locking this topic because this is pointless. In future im not debating with you anymore.

ICB Guest

Im unlocking this topic because i want to get this thread back on track. I don't want to hear anymore on the American/Mexican subject. I want you people to continue giving me your lists i appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable you want to debate this again ??

Oh well thats your problem, i just have a different opinion and you have to insult me ?? Im English yes ?? so say if i was born in the USA or any other country. It would still make me English how hard is that too understand ?? and why do you keep bringing this up ??

Mexican/American whatever he is still Mexican is he not ?? i didn't think when i started this thread that people were going to be so picky on Mexican/American subject jesus

No you don't because technically there still Mexican. Yes Diaz was born in USA and he is Mexican/American BUT THAT STILL MAKES HIM MEXICAN. It doesn't matter where there born there still Mexican thats a fact. Like i said earlier if i was born in another Country it would still make me English end of. I didn't think you would be so picky on American/Mexican subject and so insulting in fact im locking this topic because this is pointless. In future im not debating with you anymore.

I was born in Las Vegas and my Grandma who lived in California was either Mexican or Spanish. My Grandpa was half Mexican (I think)
    My Mom is full English and my Dad is half Mexican (or Spanish)

I am white (very pale) with green eyes with blondish/brownish hair

Am I also Mexican, Ice?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's fine that you have your opinion you are entitled to that.
    I never insulted you if I insulted something here it's the words that you typed. Ask anyone here if saying "I could careless where they are born they are still Mexican" is not absurd.
    The title of the thread read "Top 10..... Mexican Fighters....."
    The title did NOT read "Top 10 Mexican-American Fighters....."
    Theres a difference there you can ask anyone.
    I'm telling you this from a guy who knows what that's like from a guy whos been living thru that.

You don't get it ICE.
    Mexican is one thing Mexican-American is another.
    The same way theres Mexicans and Indiegenous-Mexicans.
    Society has segregrated the people this way NOT me. I was just trying to let you know that the fighters you were listing were not Mexican.
    About the rolling of the eyes, if your gonna start a thread that reads "Top 10 Mexican fighters" you can rest assured people will pay close attention to whom you list. The other night I made a thread of African fighters and I accidently listed some fighters that were from another country and I corrected that because it's true.
    Do me a favor Ice look up the definition for Mexican and then look up the definition Mexican-American you wanna know why theres 2 results because they are different. If it was the same then the definition would either be the same or it would be on the same page.

No you don't because technically there still Mexican. Yes Diaz was born in USA and he is Mexican/American BUT THAT STILL MAKES HIM MEXICAN. It doesnt matter where there born there still Mexican thats a fact.
    ICE, he is American of Mexican descent.
    Again society has labeled us as Mexican-American just like Latino.
    ICE have you ever filled out an application let's say for college?
    I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say no.
    The options under Race: Asian Pacific Islander African Cantonesse American Hispanic Other:________

We the people who have parents who were born anywhere in Mexico and or South American are also known as Hispanics/Latinos.

Luis Collazo was born in the states would you rate him as Puerto Rican fighter cause he is descendent of Puerto Rican blood? Matter a fact check this out Luis Collazo would be considered New Yorican that's a mixture of New York with Puerto Rican.

Like i said earlier if i was born in another Country it would still make me English end of.
    Until you nationalized yourself English yes.
    Other then that you by law would be considered a native of whatever country you were born in.
    Check this out ICE, one of my cousins was born in Mexico both of his parents were born here in the US. Does that make him Mexican-American?
    Nope he is Mexican and that's it. If Immigration shows up to his house and they knock on his door you think they're gonna ask him "Where were you born?" "Mexico" "How about your parents?" "America"
    OK then you can stay here illegally. Yeah right they'll take his ass out of this country faster then what you can say 'Eureka".

I didn't think you would be so picky on American/Mexican subject and so insulting in fact im locking this topic because this is pointless.
    And yet again if your doing a thread on a topic isn't it only right that I can debate and have my opinion? I wasn't being touchy about it I was just trying to make my comment about it. That fighters who are American of Mexican descent are not by law Mexican. Again Mexican-American as well as Hispanic and Latino are words that were made up by society to be able to segregrate us. If I insulted you please show me where? I used the words absurd and ridiculous to describe your post. I never once did I insult you.

In future im not debating with you anymore.
    Look man I'm not sure why you are taking this debate like this. I was only trying to let you know that there a difference between Mexican-American & Mexican it is not the same.
    Theres no need to tell me "In the future I wont debate with you" this is a boxing forum not a school playground where you can say "I don't wanna play with you anymore".....
    I wanna go about this the right way and the rolling of the eyes and the "Well that's your problem" that you threw in there is a bit hard to swollow but I'll end this like this.
    Remember when you said you were posting just to get some good debates going a couple of weeks ago. Remember I told you be careful what you wish for. You've got yourself a debate and you've changed your mind about locking the thread and opening it twice.... Now that you got what you wanted you don't know what to do with it.
    ICE, I know your deal and to be honest theres a handful of people here who know your deal. You ain't foolin' nobody here well acutally maybe 1 or 2 people but those are ones who can't read between the lines. I would recommend you do as you said you would and just ignore my post I think it's for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My father was born in Guatemala, my mother in Mexico. I was born in the US. What does that make me? I like to think I am American. I find Ice\'s comments \"All I know is that there Mexican\" to be very foolish and down right stupid. But I do not hold it against him. I just clicked on his profile. He\'s only 18. He\'s just a boy. He has not even begun to live life yet. The kid is clearly still wet behind the ears
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Something told me this could get touchy.I'll go chickens!!t and try to stay away from saying "There all straight forward and Great body Punchers"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ice,you need to be careful with how you word things. These guys:Mick,VD etc all know what they are talking about because it's what THEY are labelled/have been through all of that. So it's highly probable that they know more about the subject so for you to say things along the lines of it doesn't matter etc is slightly disrespectful.

Killersheep,I don't think Gonzalez deserves to be there,he is a good fighter but he needs more big wins. I think the manner in which he lost to Penelosa,Vazquez plus the going life and death with guys like William Gonzalez I think is his name was(the awesome fight with like 5 knockdowns) etc. Well,not for me.

1 Rafael Marquez
    2 Juan Manuel Marquez
    3 Israel Vasquez
    4 Ulises Solis
    5 Cristian Mijares
    6 Fernando Montiel
    7 Daniel Ponce De Leon
    8 Jhonny Gonzalez
    9 Omar Salado
    10 Antonio Margarito
    I'd have Margarito at 6 or 7,he's done more than those guys and beaten,P4P better fighters than themŽ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) Juan Manuel Marquez
    2) Marco Antonio Barrera
    3) Israel Vasquez
    4) Rafael Marquez
    5) Ulises Solis
    6) Antonio Margarito
    7) Daniel Ponce De Leon
    Jhonny Gonzalez
    9) Cristian Mijares
    10) Jose Luis Castillo

All Time
    1) Julio Caesar Chavez