Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last male northern white rhino dies

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Last male northern white rhino dies

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Trophy hunting is wrong and that should not be encouraged too.
    Well are you going to lay out your points or just make a statement?
    Numbered bullet ....hang on...not bullet

Numbered points in capitals

Bold might help too
    Great post, you're a credit to your race

Last edited by El Kabong; 03-22-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default CryptoCurrency Trading

It brings Kenya into the news again

Although on a positive note, the two main political parties (Uhuru(Kikuyu Tribe) / Odinga (Luo tribe) have made up in order to unite the country at least on a superficial level.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CryptoCurrency Trading

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    It brings Kenya into the news again

Although on a positive note, the two main political parties (Uhuru(Kikuyu Tribe) / Odinga (Luo tribe) have made up in order to unite the country at least on a superficial level.
    Now you have been there and seen how does the population Kenya feel about the current state of the country. I really know nothing of Kenya I subscribe to an international magazine and they do have an African section but I don't recall much news out of Kenya. I don't expect you to give a dissertation but in general, what's the dilly with Kenya

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never eaten one .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I have never eaten one .
    Would certainly be interesting, I'd venture to guess it would have a stronger taste to it but I haven't had it either. I HAVE had Bobcat which was good, not certain that tastiness would scale up to Leopard or Jaguar nor would I want to find out. You don't tend to eat much predator meat.

Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought it would be obvious and did not really need explaining. These agencies should not accept money because it is unethical, it is trying to stop killing and yet are taking money from it. Allowing rich morons to kill these animals sends out a bad message to everyone. It is the equivalent of a domestic violence charity accepting money from a serial rapist.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Thought it would be obvious and did not really need explaining. These agencies should not accept money because it is unethical, it is trying to stop killing and yet are taking money from it. Allowing rich morons to kill these animals sends out a bad message to everyone. It is the equivalent of a domestic violence charity accepting money from a serial rapist.
    Well that explanation might work if the serial rapist was also eating the livestock and crops of the women he beat.

Trophy hunting, although I personally don't participate in it, CAN supply money to communities in need of food, water, shelter, clothing AND it can also rid a community of a bad predator which threatens livestock and the safety of those around.

Male Lions once kicked out of a pride will go rouge and those are the most dangerous as they'll hunt easier targets than zebra or gazelle, easier targets like cattle or goats or humans.

Look I don't DO that kind of hunting, but that isn't poaching. Poaching is something far worse and poachers do not take into account "Is this going to hurt the pride, is this going to hurt the balance of the ecosystem in this area". Kill an Alpha lion which is the leader of the pack and as soon as a new Alpha lion comes in 100% of the cubs are killed.....HUNTERS think about that shit, POACHERS don't give a fuck about it, gigantic difference. Also HUNTERS take notice of endangered species lists and threatened species.....poacher just care about $$$$ and there's folks in Asia wanting fucking lion gallbladder or whatever the fuck and they'll pay for it and that's all that crosses the poachers' mind.

My Uncle put away several poachers in his days as a game warden. Good riddance to those scumbags.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living beings breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." - William Beebe

Last edited by Freedom; 03-22-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living beings breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again. - William Beebe

Thank you, I appreciate it

El Kabong Guest

Powerful animal, very light on it's feet for as heavy as it is. Nature is beautiful, wild, stronger and more vicious than you can imagine.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trophy hunters disgust me too, however, after watching a documentary (BBC) it was evident the game keepers were far, far more knowledgeable of the welfare of animals and the issue was far deeper than just they are nasty unscrupulous money grabbing bastards. It is typically very arrogant of us in the west to think we know best about things we, in reality, are utterly ignorant of. One game keeper gave the impression that the rich foreigners (all happened to be American) were sickos too.

As for poaching, after watching another documentary on that, it's clearly not the fault of local poachers living in mud huts even though they do the most senseless wastful slaughtering. They're just common dumb animals to them that they've experienced all their lives, these people beat their wives on camera with coshes and sticks, they're hardly going to be sentimental about one less elephant. Again, the filthy rich who pathetically believe the parts of these animals have special powers are to blame. Kill an elephant for a bowl of super soup. Utter madness.
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-22-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is very sad, of course it is. Africa is experiencing horrendous population expansionism and unfortunately many more species will fall by the way side. It is selfish to put yourself above nature. Learn to live in harmony and balance and we can progress. Mankind has little interest in doing that. This is where I salute the attitudes of people like David Attenborough and the need for a more respectful approach to the balance between man and nature.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dave Allen fought a few weeks ago 😂

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Dave Allen fought a few weeks ago 😂
    Funny how the male white rhino became extinct just after he changed his name to the Doncaster De La Hoya

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know it legal in some places, but I have to say I don't agree with trophy hunting. I don't understand how someone gets a kick from shooting s leopard from far away with a high powered rifle. Maybe that's just me. I disagree with it, but accept that others don't.

In terms of poaching, we all seem to agree that it's bad. But I lived in Tanzania and I understood why a guy whose family will starve to death unless he provides for them might turn to poaching. I get that, and I have seen people do it. I defy anybody on here who says they would refuse to kill a giraffe, and who would let their family die instead.

It seems the main difference is the trophy hunter has money, and the poacher offer does not. So, that's ok then

in terms of motivation a) that's a really beautiful animal, and I respect it's power and grace. I have money, so I'd like to kill it and keep bits of it to show off to my friends or b) That's just an animal, and I live near lots of them. My family will die unless I harvest those animals. It's them or us. I have no money but foreigners think they are magic

In my view, the problem is the consumer. Some uneducated savage who thinks eating tiger bones will help them get a hardon is the problem .... especially now they have money.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information