Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMAO at how fast the wheels came flying off Stiverne's bandwagon!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LMAO at how fast the wheels came flying off Stiverne's bandwagon!!

I didn't know Stiverne had a bandwagon Perhaps people who wanted to see Wilder lose for the most part? I think many simply viewed Stiverne as a capable puncher with some skill and experience, and Wilder as the more or less total unknown he was. This was a guy who had never been over 4 rounds or taken a single punch as a pro, how are you supposed to predict a big step up for a guy like that. There were no dumb picks for this fight, and probably not a single person anywhere who called it close.
    Maybe Stiverne didn't expect that Wilder could hurt him the way he did, he was rocked at the end of the 1st and 2nd rounds where he made the first attempts to really let his hands go. I don't remember thinking he caught Wilder with anything huge himself, but he landed here and there and it was reasonable to doubt that Wilder could take anything!
    If you rate Arreola the way I do, Stiverne was only slightly more proven than Wilder going in to the fight anyways. He looked terrible against Ray Austin, if Wilder had just leaked a video of himself sparring or hitting a heavy bag for 12 rounds it might have completely changed the Vegas odds

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    And this surprises you hermano? I think not as you have been around enough. This is par for the course and actually expected. The same logic is used in the A, B, C analogy which I still see both directly and indirectly played. If A beat B and B beat C then A beats C.

Sure, maybe in a game of 10 pin bowling.

He seemed to execute a perfect game plan and stuck to it. I thought his activity was fine and actually compared to most other heavyweights off the charts. A nice stiff jab and he looked real fast in there. His cardio seemed fine. It was Stiverne who was breathing through the mouth by round 6. Wilder actually looked like a completely different fighter and that could be because of the quality of his previous opponents and the short time frame he took to dispose of them. Which means I may have judged him unfairly to begin with. His straight right had speed and pepper to. He showed good feet and good movement. He turned Stiverne out several times. His hooks still look like they are coming from across the street but Stiverne either wouldn't or couldn't exploit that. Bermane fought like he trained to land a punch and he did look flat but thats pro boxing and I think he was gob smacked almost from the opening bell at how Wilder approached this fight.

I still have ??'s about his chin and Stiverne never really landed a solid shot last night try as they may to suggest he did. That I am still curious about but even if it is shaky it does not mean he cant go on to dominate this sorry ass division.

People can now do the default thing of tearing down the opponent that they picked to win because the guy they dislike won but that stuff should be pretty transparent for you by now brother.
    There were a few times it looked as though he'd taken some good shots, you even heard them land, only to see on the replay he'd turned or ridden them and they'd either landed on his shoulder or any sting had been taken out of them and that was only when he wasn't getting a very simple jab smacked straight through his guard. Stiverne never had the skill to deal with anyone who wont just stand and throw punches with him. Even when Wilder did that it was Stiverne who came off worse coming close to getting stopped on the 2 or 3 occasions they traded with each other.

Stiverne was rated solely off the Areola fights.

Of course he was , Arreola was the highest ranked fighter Stiverne had beaten and he won the vacant title by beating him.
    Why wouldn't he be rated off the Arreola fights ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit got real!

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    And this surprises you hermano? I think not as you have been around enough. This is par for the course and actually expected. The same logic is used in the A, B, C analogy which I still see both directly and indirectly played. If A beat B and B beat C then A beats C.

Sure, maybe in a game of 10 pin bowling.

He seemed to execute a perfect game plan and stuck to it. I thought his activity was fine and actually compared to most other heavyweights off the charts. A nice stiff jab and he looked real fast in there. His cardio seemed fine. It was Stiverne who was breathing through the mouth by round 6. Wilder actually looked like a completely different fighter and that could be because of the quality of his previous opponents and the short time frame he took to dispose of them. Which means I may have judged him unfairly to begin with. His straight right had speed and pepper to. He showed good feet and good movement. He turned Stiverne out several times. His hooks still look like they are coming from across the street but Stiverne either wouldn't or couldn't exploit that. Bermane fought like he trained to land a punch and he did look flat but thats pro boxing and I think he was gob smacked almost from the opening bell at how Wilder approached this fight.

I still have ??'s about his chin and Stiverne never really landed a solid shot last night try as they may to suggest he did. That I am still curious about but even if it is shaky it does not mean he cant go on to dominate this sorry ass division.

People can now do the default thing of tearing down the opponent that they picked to win because the guy they dislike won but that stuff should be pretty transparent for you by now brother.
    There were a few times it looked as though he'd taken some good shots, you even heard them land, only to see on the replay he'd turned or ridden them and they'd either landed on his shoulder or any sting had been taken out of them and that was only when he wasn't getting a very simple jab smacked straight through his guard. Stiverne never had the skill to deal with anyone who wont just stand and throw punches with him. Even when Wilder did that it was Stiverne who came off worse coming close to getting stopped on the 2 or 3 occasions they traded with each other.

Stiverne was rated solely off the Areola fights.

Of course he was , Arreola was the highest ranked fighter Stiverne had beaten and he won the vacant title by beating him.
    Why wouldn't he be rated off the Arreola fights ?
    It was an undeserved rating.

We were hearing Stiverne was a mix of Tyson, Liston, Foreman, Frazier when in fact he was just a luckier version of Tua. If Tua had Arreola to face for a world title, Tua also would have been world champion.

Arreola was outboxing Stiverne for the most part in their rematch. That tells you everything you need to know. Stiverne stopped him because Arreola gets hit with everything. If Stiverne was what people thought he was Arreola wouldnt have got back in to the fight in the first fight and he wouldnt have got past the first few rounds in the second. Stiverne had already been stopped and held to a draw by journeymen, in Brocks old thread I said he wouldnt have the title long and sure enough he couldnt make one successfull defence. Arreola was the only top rated fighter he could beat because Arreola will give you his chin all night,

In fact, do you know what would be a good match up now? Stiverne v Chisora.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stiverne deserved a shot to be HW Champion.... he beat Ray Austin, beat Arreola twice, beat Kertson Manswell when Manswell was undefeated.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mean rating as in how high he was ranked as he beat ranked fighters to get where he is. I just could never see what Brock and some others thought they could see. He is ok if the opponent isn't going to move and is there to hit or doesn't use a jab.

I mentioned this already but a good fight for both and a good match up for the audience would be Chisora v Stiverne. Maybe that could be an undercard fight to any Fury v Wilder fight. Both still have decent rankings so a win for either would get them right back up there.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MarioB View Post
    Shit got real!
    Every other post is calling a 240+ pound fighter who came in this weekend at 239....woefully out of shape.
    I need a doctor, i just got hit by another spinning wheel...

Thread Information