Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Don King is the greatest promoter of all times

I think King was pardoned for the killings.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow King shot a guy in the back and they called it justifiable, luckiest guy to ever live, two murders and made hundreds of millions.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    You are right about the stacked cards and the fact that Orlando Cruz will be on the Bradley fight show how low the game done sunk. He also did find ways to get boxers huge paydays. But by putting boxing behind a pay wall he turned off fans and hurt boxing, I'm okay with paying but it went to far.
    Fuck all to do with Deadly Don,there was much better quality fighters in the 80s and 90s.You and me could make those fights.The fights make themselves,Don is a proven thieving cunt end of story.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    King is viewed as the devil of Boxing and people only have negative things to say about the man but I happen to think he's the greatest promoter ever in this sport..

From a fan's perspective, it's hard not to like him because when you think about all the dream PPV cards he put together in the 90s, it's unbelievable!

Those of you who were into Boxing in the 90s would know what im talking about. Kind would often stack his cards with names such as Finito Lopez, Chavez, Sweet Pea, Terry NOrris, G-man all on the same card and against good oppositions.. How often do we get that now, if ever?

NOwadays, young guys are happy to see 2 good fights on the card. THey see 2 good fights on paper and they think it's some great PPV but it's not.. fuck that shit

King also get knocked on for robbing his fighters but i have a different view on that. Fighters never seen so much money in their lives until they met Don King.. If you are dumb enough to get robbed of your own money, then it's on you!! Smarten up and get a new accountant or something...

Fuck the Don King haters.. I bet you we'll never see another promoter like him..
    If king is the devil..what does that make bob arum?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    King is viewed as the devil of Boxing and people only have negative things to say about the man but I happen to think he's the greatest promoter ever in this sport..

From a fan's perspective, it's hard not to like him because when you think about all the dream PPV cards he put together in the 90s, it's unbelievable!

Those of you who were into Boxing in the 90s would know what im talking about. Kind would often stack his cards with names such as Finito Lopez, Chavez, Sweet Pea, Terry NOrris, G-man all on the same card and against good oppositions.. How often do we get that now, if ever?

NOwadays, young guys are happy to see 2 good fights on the card. THey see 2 good fights on paper and they think it's some great PPV but it's not.. fuck that shit

King also get knocked on for robbing his fighters but i have a different view on that. Fighters never seen so much money in their lives until they met Don King.. If you are dumb enough to get robbed of your own money, then it's on you!! Smarten up and get a new accountant or something...

Fuck the Don King haters.. I bet you we'll never see another promoter like him..
    Devil's neighbor.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    The devil's excrement.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    You are right about the stacked cards and the fact that Orlando Cruz will be on the Bradley fight show how low the game done sunk. He also did find ways to get boxers huge paydays. But by putting boxing behind a pay wall he turned off fans and hurt boxing, I'm okay with paying but it went to far.
    Fuck all to do with Deadly Don,there was much better quality fighters in the 80s and 90s.You and me could make those fights.The fights make themselves,Don is a proven thieving cunt end of story.
    Great fights can be made now but they are not due to personality clashes between mainly ODH and Arum. King would not care as long as it made the most amount of money. Think of the great fights we have lost? Manny v Pacquiau is the biggest.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    Great fights can be made now but they are not due to personality clashes between mainly ODH and Arum. King would not care as long as it made the most amount of money. Think of the great fights we have lost? Manny v Pacquiau is the biggest.
    Agreed

Mares vs Donaire and Mikey

Rios vs Lucas

Broner vs Crawford

Rigo vs Santa Cruz

Manny vs Golden Boy welters

Alvarado vs Danny

Greed is good it gives us the fights we want but Bob has 200 million in the bank and sees no reason to put his ego aside to make more.

Thread Information