Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOW EXACTLY DO I GET MY BOXING LICENSE?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HOW EXACTLY DO I GET MY BOXING LICENSE?

Latino, at first I thought your reqeust was a bit silly. But we all forget, I had the same thing happen to me, didnt know how to start and moved 300 miles to get a gym. Hadnt got a clue but knew I wanted to do it, anyway have a cc for staying polite.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoTKO
    dont have a trainer. but i've been in training over 2 years. my city doesnt even have a boxing gym
    Maybe you should try some amateur bouts first....

Where are you located, City and State.

First of all, you need a Federal ID, which means you need to get Blood Work and a Physical completed before you can file for any State licensure.

Blood Work usually runs about $180-350, depending on where you go and how fast you need the results...You need to have HIV and Hepetitus done.

State licenses normally run about $10-50 depending on where you are....And you can get those whenever you goto your first fight. They will do them at the weigh ins...

And the bit about a trainer.....you cant survive this business without one, you just need to trust me on this.....ALSO, management is important also. Some people may not agree, but, there are some things with the business that a fighter just does not need to handle. And guidance is not a bad thing to have...

Lemme know if that helps...

Good Luck,

Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well yea thanks Scrap. wow thats a long ways to go for a boxing gym, but i guess if your really that hungry then its worth it. i would gladly move somewhere where i can get to a boxing gym easier and get a trainer but i have a family to take care of too. I have a 5 month old daughter and im engaged. Im only 18. She was born when i was only 17. so yes im tryin to launch me a career in boxing as soon as possible to help support my family. but im located in Lawton, Oklahoma. Its a little city of about 100,000 not counting the military base. its where this years contender champion Grady Brewer is from. but thanks alot boxingcoachbw. that helps alot. i just need to come up with some cash to get the blood work done then. where are u located coach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in SE. Missouri,

Here is my Myspace site...

http://www.myspace.com/128501825 If you use Myspace add me and we can talk....

I also handle pro's...I can prolly call a few people I know wherever you are and see what I can find...If you are close to me, gimme a holla...

Good Luck,

Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

alright cool Coach. thanks alot. im adding you right now on myspace. and i cant thank you enough.

Thread Information