Thread: Where does Canelo go from here?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where does Canelo go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Kirkland did look slick in his last fight,but and it' a big but that chin?
    very slick like's to stand toe to toe.
    Boxer puncher yes,would it be a good fight as long as it last's
    Canelo winner by ko in a war?
    Kirkland is a good fight for Saul actually and I think that happens in 2012 or 2013 as long as it isn't spoiled. It's not hard to make because Saul and James are Golden Boy fighters. I've read elsewhere his team isn't high on a fight with Lara or Dzinziruk. I really believe Vanes is a good fight right now. Vanes doesn't punch exceptionally hard. He can box a bit, but not a ton.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wants the undisputed title, he should take a unification, tune-up match with K-9 bundrage.. Easy fight right there.

Hopefully, Kirkland's stock will be higher by then and fight makes sense risk/reward.. Canelo beats Kirkland BTW... I dont think GBP will make this fight anytime soon though cuz they gotta protect their investment.. This fight needs to be marinated..

Unify with K-9, and move on to the winner of Margarito-Cotto or Kirkland...

Just stay away from Floyd for now cuz there are plenty of time for that..

El Kabong Guest

Any chance of a match vs Shane Mosley

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    If he wants the undisputed title, he should take a unification, tune-up match with K-9 bundrage.. Easy fight right there.

Hopefully, Kirkland's stock will be higher by then and fight makes sense risk/reward.. Canelo beats Kirkland BTW... I dont think GBP will make this fight anytime soon though cuz they gotta protect their investment.. This fight needs to be marinated..

Unify with K-9, and move on to the winner of Margarito-Cotto or Kirkland...

Just stay away from Floyd for now cuz there are plenty of time for that..
    Yes, K-9 or Vanes makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about Mayorga?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking on Mayorga is like taking a half-step back at this point for Canelo. He's beaten enough of the Rhodes, Gomez and the Cintrons of his division. Fighting Mayorga isn't going to build him up in any way. Canelo is a young titleholder who has proved himself enough to be thrown in there against a bigger threat than Mayorga..He's due for a real test next year.. Mayorga is barely a gatekeeper right now and Canelo is way beyond that gate..

At least fight a fresh young contender like Vanes as Rant mentioned..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres loads out there.
    Cotto or Margo as there fighting very close to Alvarez fight so they should be ready to have there next fights about the same time.
    Theres Williams and Kirkland.
    He could always do us all a fovour and take the title off that joke of a fighter Cornelius Bundrage somehow ranked third in the light middleweight devision on boxrec (Bullsh#t).
    I suppose he could always take on Angulo. I know he just recently lost but he is always dangerous and exciting.

May I just shout out my love for humanity in general. When you get knocked down there is always someone to pick you up. The heart duth flutter at the timultous understanding society bleeds to its fellow siblings.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking on Mayorga is like taking a half-step back at this point for Canelo. He's beaten enough of the Rhodes, Gomez and the Cintrons of his division. Fighting Mayorga isn't going to build him up in any way. Canelo is a young titleholder who has proved himself enough to be thrown in there against a bigger threat than Mayorga..He's due for a real test next year.. Mayorga is barely a gatekeeper right now and Canelo is way beyond that gate..

Remember Alvarez is still only a kid, Vanes ain't a name. Mayorga gave Cotto a tough night & would promote the shit outta it. It all goes towards building Canelo into a star. I would have rather seen Mayorga in there than Cintron!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

Remember Alvarez is still only a kid, Vanes ain't a name. Mayorga gave Cotto a tough night & would promote the shit outta it. It all goes towards building Canelo into a star. I would have rather seen Mayorga in there than Cintron!
    Age isnt always the reason to coddle a young fighter.. He's been pampered enough and built himself 39 pro victories with a WBC title to show for. Anybody half way decent is expected to beat Mayorga
    of today and Canelo has bigger fishes to fry.

Facing and beating a live contender in Vanes gives him more credibility than that side-show mayorga and he would actually get some new looks in the process. Today's mayorga doesn't give Canelo anything to think about and it's just a waste of time..

His star power is rising and it'll stay that way with or without that stepping stone Mayorga.. He has to face real fighters now..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

Age isnt always the reason to coddle a young fighter.. He's been pampered enough and built himself 39 pro victories with a WBC title to show for. Anybody half way decent is expected to beat Mayorga
    of today and Canelo has bigger fishes to fry.

Facing and beating a live contender in Vanes gives him more credibility than that side-show mayorga and he would actually get some new looks in the process. Today's mayorga doesn't give Canelo anything to think about and it's just a waste of time..

His star power is rising and it'll stay that way with or without that stepping stone Mayorga.. He has to face real fighters now..
    Its not that I don't agree with you, but I still think he is a work in progress. You say a Mayorga fight is a waste of time but we just saw him fight a shot Cintron who should have never got the fight in the 1st place. If you want him to have a real test he should fight someone like Molina or Lara, maybe Williams. I actually feel Mayorga is a stiffer test than Martirosyan who I don't think much of at all
    . Plus he has name value. It another good stepping stone that wil continue to develop Alvarez

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayorga was able to go almost 12 rounds with Cotto due to his size advantage and the fact that cotto himself was a shopworn fighter.. He doesn't have those luxuries against Canelo..

Guys who can box and punch will give Canelo problems but come forward fighters with no defense like Kirkland and Mayorga will get eaten alive.. I dont think Canelo-Mayorga would be competitive at all.

Kirkland is fresh and would put up a much better fight and so would Vanes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayorga was able to go almost 12 rounds with Cotto due to his size advantage and the fact that cotto himself was a shopworn fighter.. He doesn't have those luxuries against Canelo..

Guys who can box and punch will give Canelo problems but come forward fighters with no defense like Kirkland and Mayorga will get eaten alive.. I dont think Canelo-Mayorga would be competitive at all.

Kirkland is fresh and would put up a much better fight and so would Vanes.
    Forget Vanes! He ain't shit! But like I said in my original post in this thread, Kirkland would be my choice. I just see Golden Boy developing Alvarez a little further & guys like Mayorga getting the call up

Thread Information