Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: EVANDER IS MAKING A COMEBACK!! CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking
    How old is Evander now? This guy he is fighting is a bum.
    He'll be 44 in October. Not exactly Foreman age, but the again Foreman's first career lastd less than 10 years so he didn't have all the wear and tear Holyfield did when he launched his comeback while I feel Holyfield just has put his body through the ringer for the last 20 years. JMO...Jody
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should retire,or at least be told he carnt fight no more! He is going to get hurt real bad if no 1 stops him from fighting!
    It shows how bad he is fighting some1 with a record of 21-11-1 with 18 KOs.Bates wouldnt of been aloud in the ring with him 6 years ago! Even tho holyfied was past his best even then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didnt jeremy bates used to play tennis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every fighter stands a chance of being hurt when they enter the ring...If Evander can pass a physical why should he be allowed to continue with his chosen profession?...Its his choice and he's a grown man so let him decide...Is Evander as good as he was, no...but that should not preclude him from doing what he chooses to do as long as he is physically capable...it's a free country or at least supposed to be and if Evander chooses to become a journeyman/stepping stone/trial horse, etc. then so be it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingCoachBW
    More like Evander is a bum...

I am sorry,,,,No I'm not!! He is a waste of time to the sport, what action is this washed up piece of S*** going to bring to the ring

He barely threw, what was 85 punches, in one of his called "Comeback Fights".

Not like he is going to get a major "Dollar" fight anyways, he might get 200k at the most, but he aint getting no big fight no time soon...

I think he should stay retired, buy a store somewhere and be happy he still has some kind of brain left in his head....

That was a bit Harsh coach!!!! He is one of the best heavies ever...You of all people should know enough to show a little respect for Evander...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking
    How old is Evander now? This guy he is fighting is a bum.
    He'll be 44 in October. Not exactly Foreman age, but the again Foreman's first career lastd less than 10 years so he didn't have all the wear and tear Holyfield did when he launched his comeback while I feel Holyfield just has put his body through the ringer for the last 20 years. JMO...Jody
    BUT!!!

Foreman fought bigger battles with what I feel were better fighters....

When Foreman was on his comeback, He fought the World Heavyweight Champ and won, he did not go for some lowly bum....And at what?? 45 years of age....Hmmm..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock

I am sorry,,,,No I'm not!! He is a waste of time to the sport, what action is this washed up piece of S*** going to bring to the ring

Not like he is going to get a major "Dollar" fight anyways, he might get 200k at the most, but he aint getting no big fight no time soon...

I think he should stay retired, buy a store somewhere and be happy he still has some kind of brain left in his head....

That was a bit Harsh coach!!!! He is one of the best heavies ever...You of all people should know enough to show a little respect for Evander...

I will never show respect for a fighter like Evander Holyfield....

He was good at times, but did alot of things in the ring that caused alot of what he got....

He was bad at headbutting people in the ring....

Proof, Look at Rahman after that fight....That was the most gruesome hematoma I ever saw....

Mike Tyson reacting after several butts....I know biting ears off is no exscuse, but the proof is on tape...

Also, I just did not like Holyfield....

So, do you want me to tell you lies or be up front?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock

I will never show respect for a fighter like Evander Holyfield....

He was good at times, but did alot of things in the ring that caused alot of what he got....

He was bad at headbutting people in the ring....

Proof, Look at Rahman after that fight....That was the most gruesome hematoma I ever saw....

Mike Tyson reacting after several butts....I know biting ears off is no exscuse, but the proof is on tape...

Also, I just did not like Holyfield....

So, do you want me to tell you lies or be up front?
    Yea you can tell the truth all you want...Calling your worst enemy a piece of shit is one thing but Someone you dont know personally and calling him that is a little rough....

and thats coming from an asshole prik like me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im gonna be there to watch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw an interview with Evander on TV this afternoon. The reporter asked him why on earth he would consider fighting again. Holyfield told the reporter that he wanted to "become Heavyweight champion of the world for a 4th time."

A split second later someone standing off camera leaned in and whispered something in his ear.

"5th time" Evander mumbled.

j/k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ROFL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know everyones worried about his health but he certainly knows how to defend himself as he knows every trick in the book . They dont come any dirtier than Evander . He can use his head , elbows , forearms etc and can buy time when he needs it so im sure he can negotiate his way through a fight . Theres only Wvlad who poses a serious threat to his health IMO cuz every other heavyweight is useless and I dont think Evander will get to the Klit fight so we neednt worry .

He hasnt been able to fight for 3 minutes of a round for a decade now . It was 96 when he was out of steam by round 4 against Bowe so the experience that he has gathered will see him through . Im not sure he can knock any one out these days but this bum that he is fighting shouldnt be able to cope technicaly at this level . I like Evander and wish him the best but its inevtiable that his story will have a sad ending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield was one of my favs ever...
    and still is, however if he cant slap this beyatch around this fight someones gotta either force him to quit or cut his hands off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    Well at least it is only Bates who is 21-11-1 with 18 KOs. Evander might win this one, but will probably look as bad as Mesi did.
    this is a fight that definitely should never happen...Holyfield needs to stay retired......
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should stay retired before he seriously injures himself.

Thread Information