Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Haye back to his old tricks, flying out to Hamburg to confront Wlad again.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: David Haye back to his old tricks, flying out to Hamburg to confront Wlad again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post

I think Haye knows the type of fighter he'll struggle with, the problem is it could be someone lower down the ranking, just someone who can take the blows and keep coming, like a suped up Fragommeni or Mormeck. He feels he has the speed to stay away from a tentative Klitschko and then test the big man's chin, I actually give him ashot at Wlad because of that. WHiile he's making a name for himself by shouting and following Wlad around like a love sick pup, I'd much rather he'd make a name for himself in the ring.

The question is Bomp who at Heavyweight really has a really solid chin ?? just off the top of my head there isn't one and if there is he hasn't proven it yet.
    Sounds like Haye should fit in just fine in that case ?Call me crazy...John Ruiz?Hey,should he beat Valuev......Ruiz is like a cockroach you just cannot kill.
    Haye should just swarm Ruiz and he should have him outta there early, but seriously who at Heavyweight really does have a solid chin ?? except for Brewster who is shot, or the oldies Holyfield and Tua ??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye back to his old tricks, flying out to Hamburg to confront Wlad again.

Haye is starting to grow on me man, gotta admit the guy is funny picture him with his camera crew is just hilarious

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Haye is starting to grow on me man, gotta admit the guy is funny picture him with his camera crew is just hilarious
    Im bigger than Evander Holyfield

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question is Bomp who at Heavyweight really has a really solid chin ?? just off the top of my head there isn't one and if there is he hasn't proven it yet.
    Sounds like Haye should fit in just fine in that case ?Call me crazy...John Ruiz?Hey,should he beat Valuev......Ruiz is like a cockroach you just cannot kill.
    Haye should just swarm Ruiz and he should have him outta there early, but seriously who at Heavyweight really does have a solid chin ?? except for Brewster who is shot, or the oldies Holyfield and Tua ??
    As much as it leaves a sour taste in my mouth,I think Ruiz has a pretty reliable chin (yeh,I saw The Tua fight Lol) BUT speed kills him.They may be abit much for Haye at this time who's chin probally will not increase in endurance by putting on weight.Ruiz is an ugly mauling grappler but is dangerous in numerous ways.It will be very Interesting to see what direction They go with Haye....I just don't see it being Wlad any time soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir has two fights already set up with Thompson and then Povetkin, Haye needs to keep busy and beat a top 10 ranking Heavyweight to at least have more bargaining power. I like Haye and would love to see Haye vs Wlad, but as Wlad said to Haye's face. Get in the ring and do your job, and for the time being while Wlad's busy thats what he needs to do.
    Like you say wlad has 2 fights lined up. So how about his for a plan? Haye i think has been ranked as no5 by the WBC, Sam Peter is the champ there, so why not go for Dimitrenko (no4) who he should beat from what I witnessed when he fought Julius Francis. That (providing he does perform) should give him a platform to attack Peter the way he is Wlad now. And should he somehow sneak a fight with Peter before Vitali Klitschko does and beats him that would leave him in perfect position to go for the Klitschko family. I honestly can't see Vitali being the man he once was when (and if) he comes back and I see a win for Haye here if that is the case. And then finally he could go for Wlad in a unification fight for 3 of the 4 major belts (If you call WBO major) with the winner fighting the eventual WBA champ when all that mess is sorted out. I know this is a long shot but if the right people want to make it happen its very possible and we can once again have an "undisputed" heavyweight champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the general vibe in this thread that Haye should have a few fights to earn his shot. I honestly dont know if Haye can beat Wlad or not, but i think a couple of warm up bouts could reveal if he has the goods or not.

Sure a fight between the two would boost interest in the HW division, if it is competitive.

But what happens if there is massive hype, and Haye is billed as the saviour, of the division millions of PPV's are sold and a big stadium is packed out. Then Wladdy blasts him out in 1? Or even worse he jabs Hayes pretty face all night for a boring decision win? The division would be more stuffed than it was before, and we would be back where we started!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye needs to earn his way.In no way does he deserve a shot at Wlad.....but his antics and mouth may get him just that.to bad he can not use them as weapons in the ring.

He's using the same tactics Clay used...to get Liston into the ring...his mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rene69 View Post
    Haye needs to earn his way.In no way does he deserve a shot at Wlad.....but his antics and mouth may get him just that.to bad he can not use them as weapons in the ring.

He's using the same tactics Clay used...to get Liston into the ring...his mouth.
    Haye aint no Clay.

Besides Clay had beateen some tough HW opponents before he got a shot at Liston. That is exacly what most people on here want Haye to do before he gets a shot.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, back to the old days of disliking David Haye. It feels weird, how I liked him and all. I remember the days where I swore up and down that any top cruiserweight (namely Mormeck whom I really like) would find him out just by moving him backwards and how his mouth was to be closed.

Well then he KO'd my guy but only after getting knocked down himself, appeared to be an exciting fighter and actually backed up his talk. KO'd Enzo whom I disliked because of the Enzo in his corner and then really became a favorite. Couple that with my marginal dislike of Wlad and I really wanted that fight.

But now Haye's act is growing old and he still hasn't fought at heavyweight. Not to mention Wlad really got the better of him in their escalator showdown. By a lot. Since then I've grown to like Wlad again (just don't like watching him fight but outside of the ring he's great) and now it's back to hating Haye.

Every single time I see an interview of his he announces that next week, he's goin to announce a new opponent for the Hayemaker, a top 10 heavyweight (read that in an English accent please, go back and read it if you weren't just skimming through, it's really great) literally every single one. There's been several times where he's said next week. I don't get it, you have an opponent or you don't, what is his deal about having one the next week?

Whatever. I do want to see this fight. Although I'm really looking forward to Thompson-Klitschko and surely Thompson deserves a shot ahead of every other contender in the division much less a guy who hasn't fought.

OH, and if I hear one more fucking person say that Haye has fought and beat a ranked heavyweight in Bonin I am literally going to explode. Fuck all of you who say that. Not on here I have heard that much, but on another forum it seems every other post is singing Bonin's name to the high mountains. "But he was ranked by the WBC, a top heavyweight he was"

The WBC had Maskaev as it's champion and Peter Okhello as it's like 10th ranked guy. Okhello was actually ranked ahead of Bonin. So anyone who wishes to mention the name on Tomas Bonin can go to hell. I'm not scared to fight you. That is all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wladdys gonna spark him out.

Also come on people Hayes selling the fight now. He knows exactly what he's doing here and look at the responses he's getting from the fans.
    Whether it's for him or against him he's selling the tickets to the fight as we speak and the muthafucken tickets havent even gone on sale yet.

I love it and I think it's great.

I like Haye also it's just that I'm a bigger Wladdy fan and have been for years but even then I know Haye will bounce back from the Wladdy fight and get in there with Sam Peter which will be a thriller of a fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye needs to fight a true heavyweight and get some experience in the heavyweight devision if he wants to fight Wlad first. Im not saying he wont beat them he just needs it. If he wants to save it he needs a belt first and let wlad do some defences and then they can fight for the heavyweight unification, a lot more intresting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Something tells me Haye probably sits outside Wlad home with binoculars around just watching him.
    ..I'd say your probally right.Damn stalker fiending for some attention.
    I can seriously picture it. Haye and his little reporter friend. Hiding behind some manicans. Watching him

Haye: Do you see him?
    Reporter: Yeah I see him. He's by the jeans. He's heading into the dressing room
    Haye: Let's go after him. Move it.

As Wlad tries on some jeans

Haye: So you going to fight me or not?
    Wlad: WTF? Get the fukk out of here!
    Haye: Alright. Alright. By the way you need any help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said, you may actually have to go down the rankings, Mccall and Samil Sam have freakishely tough chins, but I'd expect Haye to be able to keep out of their way for 12. Haven't seen tua recently, I suspect he still has his chin if nothing else, Holy's too old I reckon Haye would probably KO him.

Haye has shot at beating most of the top guys since they aren't top notch at the moment, just wish he'd actually shut up and fucking fight. I still pick Wlad favourite against him but he's vulnerable enough against a puncher fast enough land on him.

El Kabong Guest

Haye should actually fight a heavyweight or two before talking shit to anyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    wlad is the HW king right now imo.

id like to see him take haye to the cleaners
    I don't think Wlad can take Haye to the cleaners this would be a great fight.

Thread Information