Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BOB ARUM SAYS MARGARITO MAYWEATHER IS NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Bring on Margarito! I like Tony, but he will lose. As a Floyd fan I want this fight more than the Oscar fight.

As a Tony fan, I don't want this fight, and I'd rather see him fight Zab or Hatton first.

As a boxing fan in general, this is the fight for the "True, Welterweight Championship", and I'm all for it.

Floyd by UD.
    Preach, brother, preach!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent points again Gyrokai bro CC, not only will the true boxing fans respect Floyd more but sooooo many boxing experts respect Tony, so Mayweather's ranking will go up if he wins. I expect him to,BUT I also expect him to have to dig deeper than he ever has before!!1 One BIG difference between Margarito and Chico(amongst the hundreds),Tony won't be weight drained. Floyd was incredible that night against Chico BUT being dropped5/6 times?!Accumulative punishment blah blah,Chico took TONS more shots and heavier shots against Castillo and went down twice only. Floyd is not going to hurt Margarito if he could not hurt Zab,simple as.
    Also,people were probably saying the same thing about JLC"oh he will be easy for Floyd etc" but he wasn't at all,was he>?Make no mistake, Tony IS going to catch Floyd,he does not rely on 1 big punch so the Chico analogies have no basis on fact. The question is how will Floyd react when he is caught? He will never have tasted true 147 power until then!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Excellent points again Gyrokai bro CC, not only will the true boxing fans respect Floyd more but sooooo many boxing experts respect Tony, so Mayweather's ranking will go up if he wins. I expect him to,BUT I also expect him to have to dig deeper than he ever has before!!1 One BIG difference between Margarito and Chico(amongst the hundreds),Tony won't be weight drained. Floyd was incredible that night against Chico BUT being dropped5/6 times?!Accumulative punishment blah blah,Chico took TONS more shots and heavier shots against Castillo and went down twice only. Floyd is not going to hurt Margarito if he could not hurt Zab,simple as.
    Also,people were probably saying the same thing about JLC"oh he will be easy for Floyd etc" but he wasn't at all,was he>?Make no mistake, Tony IS going to catch Floyd,he does not rely on 1 big punch so the Chico analogies have no basis on fact. The question is how will Floyd react when he is caught? He will never have tasted true 147 power until then!!
    That's the whole thing. Tony will never catch Floyd flush. If he does, it won't be very often, and Floyd CAN take Tony's shots. The question is, can Tony take the hundreds of shots Floyd will bang him with? Probably, but that leads to an easy UD for Floyd. People are just hyping this fight because Floyd isn't as nice as SRL. Floyd will win this fight easier than you expect. Tony, IMO, would beat Hatton, but Hatton will have a better chance against Floyd. Styles make fights, and Tony's style plays right into all of Floyd's strengths. Say what you want, Floyd WILL BEAT TONY. No doubt, Tony will give him a run. But, Tony needs a fighter to be in front of him to be succesful. Tyson couldn't beat Holyfield. Tua couldn't beat Byrd. Corrales and Castillo couldn't beat Floyd{yea,yea, Tony is stronger, but Tony is not as fast, or accurate.} If Tony doesn't catch a lucky shot, Floyd wins 8 of 12 easy. Maybe 10 of 12.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are missing the point. Why did Castillo do so well against Floyd(and beat him in the 1st fight?) because he came through whatever Floyd had AND he was throwing punches in bunches!! I'm sure if Zab,who hardly had any defence towards the end of the fight(using his shoulder which did not give much protection!)was able to take Floyd's shots for 12 rounds,Margarito DEFINITELY can and Margarito throws waaaaaaay more leather than Castillo,ergo he will be able to catch him. I'd love Floyd try to do the shoulder roll thing against Margarito,he would get busted up!!! Also,you can't say Tony needs a fighter to be in front of him,we have not sen him against a real boxer so no-one can say(apart from when he bust Oscar up in sparring).
    You're dam right,Margarito would CRUSH Hatton!!!No argument there. Wel,,we shall see,if Floyd does not fight Margarito, we will ALL know that he is ducking Tony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

way too much talk about the first castillo fight. it was the worst night in floyd's career. how about the second fight? how about the countless other times mayweather has dismantled pressure fighters? why doesnt anyone want to talk about margarito's worst fights? I think it's only fair to assume that the fighters will come in to the fight in top condition unless there is any reason to believe otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No-one talks about Margarito's worst fights because he has crushed everyone basically. Most of his losses came when he was a teenager, he lost to Santos on cuts and second time was at 154 so no relevance but he lost and it could have gone either way AND he was coming on strong and probably would have won. Even in the second fight though, Floyd looked good but Castillo made him uncomfortable. That was Castillo's own fault that he was not active enough.Numerous times he has beaten pressure fighters? Like who? Hernandez?Chavez? None even compare to Margarito,who is a true 147 pounder.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    BERT SUGAR ALSO SAID JUDAH IS A TREMENDOUS TALLENT WHO NEEDS TO GET BACK IN THE RING QUICKLY
    Why are you bringing up Judah in a thread about Mayweather vs. Margarito?
    this was on an espn show, don king called in but i missed that part, bert sugar was also there and he said something about the margarito fight NOT being against a real deal fighter, i dont remember exactly waht he said, but it was negetive, he was saying he should fight hatton,

when he was asked about judah and he said hes a "tremendous talent" and needs to fight again soon or people may loose interest because on paper he lost 3 of 4, and people see that S*** and overlook someone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    If PBF fought Zab then Margarito what could people complain about in regards to PBF?
    The complaints, from respected people, such as me will stop.

Unless Mayweather goes on more than a year, 2 years, or 3 years and takes on B-Level Fightes.

Honestly, people think I'm on "haterade" just because I say what I see, Floyd Mayweather has been taking on easy competition for over 3 years.
    bert sugar hated on PBF for taking on margarito, he said there are bigger fights, and bigger threats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is good shite because if PBF gets bye Tony then its even more of a build up toward a fight with Hatton, since if what I read in another thread Hatton is supose to face Collazo then Gatti then PBF I realy think the build up toward this fight would great because between the two of them they would have taken out all the top dawgs in the division except for Cotto.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum was on "Quite Frankly" with Stephen A. Smith yesterday on ESPN and said that everything looks good for a Margarito-PBF showdown in July....I swear I started jumping up and down on my couch at home I was going crazy

Then my head started wondering about some things and remembering certain things and I got to thinking........(By any means I'am not comparing the 2 fighters here with the 2 that I'am about to mention, I'am just comparing scenarios so don't blow this out of the water)

Is it me or does this fight PBF vs. Margarito kinda resamble SRL vs. Duran?
    I got to thinking slick fighter all the confidence in the world pressures on him, hes undefeated P4P the best against a harder puncher physically tougher and with nothing to loose is just me?

Opinions? ? ? ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If PBF fought Zab then Margarito what could people complain about in regards to PBF?

Unless Mayweather goes on more than a year, 2 years, or 3 years and takes on B-Level Fightes.

Honestly, people think I'm on "haterade" just because I say what I see, Floyd Mayweather has been taking on easy competition for over 3 years.
    bert sugar hated on PBF for taking on margarito, he said there are bigger fights, and bigger threats
    Bert Sugar is an Idiot. hahaha Just ask Teddy Atlas who hates him.

You see, for each famous name you call out. I can say another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bert Sugar is an Idiot. hahaha Just ask Teddy Atlas who hates him.

You see, for each famous name you call out. I can say another.
    I got to thinking.....

"If Bert Sugar said to jump off a cliff?" haha *jk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Bob Arum was on "Quite Frankly" with Stephen A. Smith yesterday on ESPN and said that everything looks good for a Margarito-PBF showdown in July....I swear I started jumping up and down on my couch at home I was going crazy

Then my head started wondering about some things and remembering certain things and I got to thinking........(By any means I'am not comparing the 2 fighters here with the 2 that I'am about to mention, I'am just comparing scenarios so don't blow this out of the water)

Is it me or does this fight PBF vs. Margarito kinda resamble SRL vs. Duran?
    I got to thinking slick fighter all the confidence in the world pressures on him, hes undefeated P4P the best against a harder puncher physically tougher and with nothing to loose is just me?

Opinions? ? ? ?

I'll buy that analogy. But, Duran won the first one against SRL. I don't think Margarito will win this one.

Floyd is like the Yankees, or Duke University{college basketball}, alot of people hate him because he's the favorite to win. Therefore he always has the biggest target on his back, and more pressure than his opponents. Everyone brings there A-Game when fighting him. SRL was more liked than Floyd, so the pressure IMO, might be greater.

And with Margarito,he is in the same position as Duran. I think Duran {at the time of the 1st SRL fight} was more established, or maybe more recognized. But Tony is for real, and will bring it. Will it be enough? Hopefully we'll see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Bob Arum was on "Quite Frankly" with Stephen A. Smith

yea, thats the show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    You are missing the point. Why did Castillo do so well against Floyd(and beat him in the 1st fight?) because he came through whatever Floyd had AND he was throwing punches in bunches!! I'm sure if Zab,who hardly had any defence towards the end of the fight(using his shoulder which did not give much protection!)was able to take Floyd's shots for 12 rounds,Margarito DEFINITELY can and Margarito throws waaaaaaay more leather than Castillo,ergo he will be able to catch him. I'd love Floyd try to do the shoulder roll thing against Margarito,he would get busted up!!! Also,you can't say Tony needs a fighter to be in front of him,we have not sen him against a real boxer so no-one can say(apart from when he bust Oscar up in sparring).
    You're dam right,Margarito would CRUSH Hatton!!!No argument there. Wel,,we shall see,if Floyd does not fight Margarito, we will ALL know that he is ducking Tony.
    Castillo did so well against Floyd because of head movement... He moved his head in a such a way that Floyd couldn't open up against him... MArgarito nor Hatton have the skill to do what Castillo did against PBF.

Thread Information