Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    I'm a Witter fan and everything I've seen from Bradley has impressed me!
    Didnt think he had fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I think he would beat Campbell and Diaz.
    How do you figure?

Bradley couldnt break an egg, Campbell would counterpunch his ears off... Diaz would grind him down...

Bradley lacks the pop to keep a guy like Diaz off of him

I thought that fight was boring as can be myself except for the knockdown. Nothing special IMO. It's pretty embarrassing that Bradley holds two championship belts, just my opinion. Your right, I didn't notice any serious power.
    SCRAPTIME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Timothy is a tough man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley is a pretty good fighter, but I don't think he can be an elite fighter. I like him though he has a very good attitude, but his limited skill set can only get him so far. I would like to see him fight Paulie Malignaggi. I think he would win, but stylistic wise I would like to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "The L.A. Earthquake" View Post
    Bradley is a pretty good fighter, but I don't think he can be an elite fighter. I like him though he has a very good attitude, but his limited skill set can only get him so far. I would like to see him fight Paulie Malignaggi. I think he would win, but stylistic wise I would like to see it.
    Limited skillset? He looks like hes got considerable skills to me. He had an extensive amateur career and is a well schooled fighter imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you figure?

Bradley couldnt break an egg, Campbell would counterpunch his ears off... Diaz would grind him down...

I have to agree...Nate is just too much the vet with too much ring saavy...

As for Diaz why is it soo many people count him out?.....He is one of the most dangerous punchers in the sport....He has only lost to 2 P4P fighters and he gave JMM everything he could handle and more,....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz to me so far when he stepped up he has been beaten also when he gets cut he seems to not handle it well at all or maybe its just me. I think Bradley could beat Diaz and Nate not sure of how he would do against the others Holt is a big puncher dont know why people make a big deal about him getting floored by him still got up and won the fight. Holyfeild was not the biggest puncher but he had mental toughness and was over achiever i think Bradley is the same and think he can havealot more success then people give him credit for i mean he is still young guy is improving big time. Not like there are is any Sugar Ray Leonards in the division anyhow.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Bradley.His mentality,tenacity and work ethic.He is a hard little rock that will stick around for some time.He showd some very experienced smarts last night and over all last three fights were very solid displays.That left hook just swept him off his feet....a three punch combo really.Bradley was literally stretched flat on back,poped up...assesed and took the count.What a shot!!!I think hes one of the more mentally focused/determined guys out there.

I do think he can look a bit tattered at times.Open down the middle as he fights like a bangers mindset,squaring up.Capable sharp right hand,smooth mover but not a big puncher.Loads up too much in spots.He leads with his head from pretty early on.Not as a tactic but stylistically.He has great work rate,good feet,and nice hand speed.Understand he has a mandatory deadline to face Devon Alexander.Big descision for him!Very tough line up hes putting together really?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    I like Bradley.His mentality,tenacity and work ethic.He is a hard little rock that will stick around for some time.He showd some very experienced smarts last night and over all last three fights were very solid displays.That left hook just swept him off his feet....a three punch combo really.Bradley was literally stretched flat on back,poped up...assesed and took the count.What a shot!!!I think hes one of the more mentally focused/determined guys out there.

I do think he can look a bit tattered at times.Open down the middle as he fights like a bangers mindset,squaring up.Capable sharp right hand,smooth mover but not a big puncher.Loads up too much in spots.He leads with his head from pretty early on.Not as a tactic but stylistically.He has great work rate,good feet,and nice hand speed.Understand he has a mandatory deadline to face Devon Alexander.Big descision for him!Very tough line up hes putting together really?!

Can't put it any better than that on Bradley. Only thing I can add is on Holt. I was impressed with his maturity and humility after the fight. He was realistic, saying he got outworked and gave away rounds. Hope Holt stays active in the top, cause he didn't deserve to win, but he showed himself to be a real pro. Overall it was a good night of boxing from Showtime.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you figure?

Workrate. Bradley can keep a more consistant pace than Campbell and there are too many unknowns with Nate at 140 at his age. Plus even if Campbell does effectively counterpunch him all night, it doesnt mean hel win the fight. Bradley will still outland him. As for Diaz, Bradley doesnt need to keep him off him. If Diaz comes staight in against him, Bradley will box him to a decision. Diaz at 140 I dont think will have the power to hurt Bradley. Bradley can get to Diaz though through accumulation of punches imo.
    I thought for the most part Bradley looked great on Saturday against Holt. He showed grit, determination, and discipline. He outfought a proven champion who was taller and a heavier puncher. He was hit with a knockout type punch in that first round and raised himself off of the mat, took the knee like an experienced ring technician and dusted himself off. How many fighters get up after that kind of punch from Holt? Moreover, from that point going forward, he thoroughly dominated Holt.

The things he did wrong are easily fixed. He left himself open for that big shot too frequently, but at the same time, as the fight went on, he learned to keep his hands up defensively. That is something his trainers will undoubtedly work on.

At the end of the day, in a matter of a year, Bradley has beat Kendall Holt, Edner Cherry, and Junior Witter. And he is only 25. He has much to learn but he is a young champion with a bright future.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

How do you figure?

Workrate. Bradley can keep a more consistant pace than Campbell and there are too many unknowns with Nate at 140 at his age. Plus even if Campbell does effectively counterpunch him all night, it doesnt mean hel win the fight. Bradley will still outland him. As for Diaz, Bradley doesnt need to keep him off him. If Diaz comes staight in against him, Bradley will box him to a decision. Diaz at 140 I dont think will have the power to hurt Bradley. Bradley can get to Diaz though through accumulation of punches imo.
    I thought for the most part Bradley looked great on Saturday against Holt. He showed grit, determination, and discipline. He outfought a proven champion who was taller and a heavier puncher. He was hit with a knockout type punch in that first round and raised himself off of the mat, took the knee like an experienced ring technician and dusted himself off. How many fighters get up after that kind of punch from Holt? Moreover, from that point going forward, he thoroughly dominated Holt.

The things he did wrong are easily fixed. He left himself open for that big shot too frequently, but at the same time, as the fight went on, he learned to keep his hands up defensively. That is something his trainers will undoubtedly work on.

At the end of the day, in a matter of a year, Bradley has beat Kendall Holt, Edner Cherry, and Junior Witter. And he is only 25. He has much to learn but he is a young champion with a bright future.
    He's beaten them but the fact that the wins over Witter and Holt were so close suggests that his level is around the Holt, Urango, Kotelnik level and unless he improves considerably he'll never be an elite fighter.

I like him and he's a nice guy plus he put Witter on his arse which is nice, but i don't think he is anything special. I think he has the potential to win or lose close fights against the likes of Malignaggi, Kotelnik, Torres, Urango etc...but that's about as far as he'll go imo...unless he can dramitically improve.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont understand what people keep saying he needs to improve to be elite. What divsion are we talking about here he beat all top guys pretty much. There is Hatton who is good fighter but lets be honest in a year i think he while be done and Bradley while be at the top of the divsion. I mean who going take him out Diaz wont have any power at 140 and Bradley i think could pose his while on him and Nate is getting old and who knows. Pac i dont think while fight him and not sure how Marquez is going move up. Ortiz i think is overrated fighter and i take Bradley to beat him as well. Not like he is in a era of Duran, Leonard and Hearns i just dont get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Dont understand what people keep saying he needs to improve to be elite. What divsion are we talking about here he beat all top guys pretty much. There is Hatton who is good fighter but lets be honest in a year i think he while be done and Bradley while be at the top of the divsion. I mean who going take him out Diaz wont have any power at 140 and Bradley i think could pose his while on him and Nate is getting old and who knows. Pac i dont think while fight him and not sure how Marquez is going move up. Ortiz i think is overrated fighter and i take Bradley to beat him as well. Not like he is in a era of Duran, Leonard and Hearns i just dont get it.
    I completely agree. People keep putting Urango in there as an opponent, but he moved up.. (can't see how he ever made 140 in the first place). I think Hatton has had a long a eventful career, but he will hang up the gloves in a year or two. It's gonna be a matter of money, really... what fight for 100k's when he could nab a couple more Multi-Mil fights and retire?

Back to the topic. Bradley is gonna be fantastic. I am glad he won the fight, it was the hardest fight to call this past week. Problem with him, I just can't see him moving up in weight anytime soon... I think that is what people are referring to as an "elite fighter"
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    By saying he's not going to be elite i personally mean he's never going to have the status of say Hatton, Cotto, Mayweather, Tszyu etc...or in other words he's never going to make p4p lists....

I don't really see him as being anything better than the likes of Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Torres, Lazcano etc...even Holt could beat him in a rematch. I just don't think he has that special ability that makes him any different from the majority of the 140 contenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devon Alexander will beat him too

Thread Information