Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O Granite Chin, Granite Chin, wherefore art thou Granite Chin?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O Granite Chin, Granite Chin, wherefore art thou Granite Chin?

I hope he didn't cheat, but look at the punches he took. Mosley hit him at will with that loaded up spring right hand all night and margarito didn't quit. He got up wanting to fight. I aint queer, but i love this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when you fight the way margarito does, a day goes when you number is in the other guys pocket...........to many clean shots in to many rounds in to many fights.....plus mosley fought a cleaver fight, antonio normally takes plenty of shots but weras the other guy down he couldnt do that to shane and it must have zapped his moral...........still hes one tough s.o.b........no mater what his win over cotto keeps him at top level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing is for sure, the wars have finally caught up to Marg. Now we know how much the Cotto fight took out of him.

Soon we'll find out if Cotto has any lingering effects. BTW I dont think we'll be finding out in February.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ohh Danny your ability to find compensation through Mosley is great.

I think Mosleys body dedication set up the downfall.Followed by a gazillion rights off Tonys now 'china' chin...yawn.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    he wanted some more?? he didnt land a punch in round 9...oh and i forgot to mention that he fell back on his ass again and didnt look like he wanted to get up to me.
    Yes, he was loosing every single round but it doesn't mean he wanted to quit. Referee stopped the fight, not Margarito. As for Cotto, he first surrendered taking the knee and later he just shook his head towards his corner telling them "NO MORE PLEASE". You can see it in slow motion.
    Being knocked down, loosing rounds, etc. don't mean he didn't want to continue compared to someone who takes knees and then shakes his head at his corner. Tony lost convincingly. But he didn't quit like Cotto.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post

I think Mosleys body dedication set up the downfall.Followed by a gazillion rights off Tonys now 'china' chin...yawn.
    I wonder how long Tony's chin would have lasted had Shane been wearing his own set of Plaster of Perez Hilton wraps?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    he wanted some more?? he didnt land a punch in round 9...oh and i forgot to mention that he fell back on his ass again and didnt look like he wanted to get up to me.
    Yes, he was loosing every single round but it doesn't mean he wanted to quit. Referee stopped the fight, not Margarito. As for Cotto, he first surrendered taking the knee and later he just shook his head towards his corner telling them "NO MORE PLEASE". You can see it in slow motion.
    Being knocked down, loosing rounds, etc. don't mean he didn't want to continue compared to someone who takes knees and then shakes his head at his corner. Tony lost convincingly. But he didn't quit like Cotto.

Interesting how you complain about it when someone else is the one that brings the topic and I simply answer. Why don't you do the same with others who keep bashing ODLH or saying how Mayweather ducked everybody, etc.? Just skip my post if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post

I wonder how long Tony's chin would have lasted had Shane been wearing his own set of Plaster of Perez Hilton wraps?
    I believe spicoli was specifically talking about the amount of shots that Cotto hit Margarito with FLUSH to the face, and didn't go down like he did against Shane.. Not about Tony's shots to Cotto.

But considering you like to spin things to make yourself feel better about Cotto's loss, i suppose i expect nothing less from your sad fanboy self.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Interesting how you complain about it when someone else is the one that brings the topic and I simply answer. Why don't you do the same with others who keep bashing ODLH or saying how Mayweather ducked everybody, etc.? Just skip my post if you want.
    It's not the topic, I'm not a huge Cotto fan or anything of the sort. It's that you say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I have no problem with people criticizing Cotto, or Oscar, or Mayweather, though I do disagree with the point you are trying to make, but your redundancy annoys the shit out of me and it's in damn near every thread even remotely related to the subject. I don't complain about this with anyone else but you, because you're the only person on here whose sole purpose appears to be to repeat himself as much as possible. From this point on I shall respond in the form of neg reps every time I see it.
    Last edited by CFH; 01-27-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we have a guy who praises Cotto as the biggest thing out there and tells me Oscar quit blah blah blah so I answer back using his favorite boxer as an example of who quitted. As simple as that. You ignore other threads where I participate?

you're the only person on here whose sole purpose appears to be to repeat himself as much as possible.
    Dude, you are forgetting the hardcore Pac and Cotto fans. Still, you think its totally acceptable, right?
    Last edited by Chino; 01-27-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we have a guy who praises Cotto as the biggest thing out there and tells me Oscar quit blah blah blah so I answer back using his favorite boxer as an example of who quitted. As simple as that. You ignore other threads where I participate?
    It's not as simple as that. You repeat the same thing over and over again at every opportunity. That is not simply responding to another poster, it is being a redundant, spamming asshole. If this was an isolated thing, of course I would have no problem with what you're saying. I disagree with it, but it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, you clearly have a vendetta against Cotto, which on its own wouldn't be that big of a deal really, but typing the same thing, ad nauseum, in every thread related to the subject, is pointless and annoying. That is my opinion. Now, much like you, am I repeating myself, so I will desist. My point has been made and you know my position and the reason behind it.

Edit: I replied before you edited your post, so I will quickly address it:

Dude, you are forgetting the hardcore Pac and Cotto fans. Still, you think its totally acceptable, right?
    They talk about the same subject/fighter repeatedly, which can be trying, but it is completely different from repeating the same negative opinion regarding one or two facets of one particular fighter at every opportunity. They are also fans of the fighters in question, so it is understandable that they would have a focus on them; at every opportunity, you take the chance to spew some derogatory venom at a fighter because some (one or two) of his fans said something bad about your favorite fighter.
    Last edited by CFH; 01-27-2009 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Styles make fights Dan.

Had Cotto lacked boxing skill and defense like Margarito he would of been out of there early.

Margarito's chin is still granite, It was simply that Mosleys bodywork weared him down as the fight wore on and that clearly affected his ability to take anymore to the head.

It still took a shitload of punches to put him down.

Thread Information