Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Because after the half way point it became a one sided beating.

and the other half it was Cotto making Margarito look silly.

Maybe Margarito wont break Cottos nose this time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

To be honest and i am Antonio Margarito fan but i also thought Bob Arum's offer of 8 million dollar was BS.......

Antonio Margarito wasn't a name at that point so i find it hard to believe the 8 million dollar offer if im honest......

Someone just mentioned well maybe Antonio Margarito won't break Miguel Cotto's nose this time ? what a silly comment no offense here but in my opinion your making it sound like it was some sort of freak accident........

Antonio Margarito threw a punch it connected on Miguel Cotto's nose it broke it end of.........

Juan Manuel Marquez had a bad broken nose against Manny Pacquiao in there 1st fight in the 1st round but he still fought on without tiring late.......

But regardless i think it was more to do with Antonio Margarito's constant pressure and body shots.
    Last edited by ssss; 08-07-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see why ODLH would choose Margarito, way to huge a risk for his final fight.

I would rather see Margarito fight Williams for the RING title anyway.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ssss View Post
    To be honest and i am Antonio Margarito fan but i also thought Bob Arum's offer of 8 million dollar was BS.......

Antonio Margarito wasn't a name at that point so i find it hard to believe the 8 million dollar offer if im honest......

Someone just mentioned well maybe Antonio Margarito won't break Miguel Cotto's nose this time ? what a silly comment no offense here but in my opinion your making it sound like it was some sort of freak accident........

Antonio Margarito threw a punch it connected on Miguel Cotto's nose it broke it end of.........

Juan Manuel Marquez had a bad broken nose against Manny Pacquiao in there 1st fight in the 1st round but he still fought on without tiring late.......

But regardless i think it was more to do with Antonio Margarito's constant pressure and body shots.
    How is it a silly comment you idiot...

Yes Antonio Did throw the punch, yes Antionio did break Cottos nose, yes it did afect him, you try boxing a further 9 rounds with a broken nose and say it doesnt affect you!

I said maybe this time Margo wont Break Cottos nose, and Cotto will be able to breathe better.

Isreal Vazquez broke his nose and had to retire because he couldnt breathe!

there are many different breaks of the nose, some alot worse than others.

I had a broken nose and I didnt even know about it for 2 months!

So if Margarito doesnt break Cottos nose, he will stay in better condition.

And dont give me no bullshit about it not affecting Cotto, his mouth was open the rest of the fight and he was spitting alot of blood out. I have already given credit to Tony for breaking it, as thats what its all about get the advantage over your opponent

but Cotto will fare better next time with the ability to breathe properly

twat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomy View Post
    Why is no-one mentioning Cotto Rematch...
    I rather see ODLH vs Mayweather which was way more competitive that ended up in a questionable split-decision than Cotto vs Margarito II. Both fought cautiously. ODLH vs Mayweather was far from being a complete destruction and punishment of ODLH like many in here say. Both came out clean. If you want to talk about complete destruction and punishment then watch Margarito vs Cotto.
    I don't think so. The first half Margarito still made Cotto look silly as he kept walking through his "powerful punches" with ease not even breaking a sweat. I see it as a bit humiliating for a guy that is known for his KO power to suddenly face a guy who walks through those punches with no problem. Margarito made Cotto look silly before and after he ran out of gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Why is no-one mentioning Cotto Rematch...
    I rather see ODLH vs Mayweather which was way more competitive that ended up in a questionable split-decision than Cotto vs Margarito II. Both fought cautiously. ODLH vs Mayweather was far from being a complete destruction and punishment of ODLH like many in here say. Both came out clean. If you want to talk about complete destruction and punishment then watch Margarito vs Cotto.
    I don't think so. The first half Margarito still made Cotto look silly as he kept walking through his "powerful punches" with ease not even breaking a sweat. I see it as a bit humiliating for a guy that is known for his KO power to suddenly face a guy who walks through those punches with no problem. Margarito made Cotto look silly before and after he ran out of gas.
    Right so being punched in the head numerous times DOESNT make you look silly.

So when Mayweather and Tony finally get it on, and Mayhweather runs off all night punching Margo in his head, and wins a wide UD

Who will look silly then, Mayweather for punching a man who could take them all, or Margo for losing a Wide UD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is not known for having KO power in his punches like Cotto. Everybody knows that anyone else would probably go down in the first rounds with Cotto's power punches. To see Cotto punching away only to have Tony walk through his punches with ease made Cotto look silly. Imagine Tyson, in his prime, punching a guy directly to his head many many times only to have him walk through them as if he was being hit with pillows. That would be humiliating. Oh man, it would have been priceless to see Margarito pull off a Mayorga stunt and taunt Cotto making fun of his punches and later have the referee and his corner save Cotto's life.
    So when Mayweather and Tony finally get it on, and Mayhweather runs off all night punching Margo in his head, and wins a wide UD Who will look silly then, Mayweather for punching a man who could take them all, or Margo for losing a Wide UD
    That is Mayweather's style and he has won like that numerous times so its nothing new really. Mayweather is known for getting on his bycicle to win. Now, Cotto and Margarito are known for the power they pack in their punches and how they can KO a guy with a punch so having someone walk through their punches can make them look silly. Wouldn't you be intimidated to know how you KO guys all the time and suddenly face a guy who walks through your punches? Cotto's fear/intimidation was clear.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum had a minor disaster when Cotto lost to Margarito. His golden goose and huge future money-earner isn't so golden now or as potentially lucrative. But at least he still has the guy who beat him under contract. What he won't do is put Margarito in with a guy who has already beaten him and who could easily beat him again, not while there are other options out there. That would be effectively taking Cotto's mojo and handing it to a Golden Boy fighter, something Arum obviously would like to avoid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Antonio Did throw the punch, yes Antionio did break Cottos nose, yes it did afect him, you try boxing a further 9 rounds with a broken nose and say it doesnt affect you!

I said maybe this time Margo wont Break Cottos nose, and Cotto will be able to breathe better.

And dont give me no bullshit about it not affecting Cotto, his mouth was open the rest of the fight and he was spitting alot of blood out. I have already given credit to Tony for breaking it, as thats what its all about get the advantage over your opponent

twat
    Funny how you lost your temper despite me saying "no offense" you think that makes you look good throwing your toys out of the pram like an immature child ?

First off i have done boxing and have suffered injuries secondly i didn't say the broken nose didn't effect him.....

But i do think Antonio Margarito's constant pressure and body shots also played a vital role even if Miguel Cotto wouldn't have had broken nose it wouldn't have changed the outcome.....

When Miguel Cotto saw his shots were doing nothing to Antonio Margarito he started to get more and more disheartened you could see that by his facial expression's and it wasn't just the broken nose either......

But i hate hearing all of these Miguel Cotto fans saying "if Miguel wouldn't of had broken nose he would of won" to be honest i find that a ridiculous comment by these Miguel Cotto fans because Antonio Margarito was the one that done it.......

Its not like Antonio Margarito had a 2 on 1 handicap vs Miguel Cotto and if there boy would of won you wouldn't of heard nothing about the broken nose from the Miguel Cotto fans and that is fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After that performance vs Cotto, Margarito deserves a chance to pick and choose the best money fight. If its Oscar, he could get $12M+, he'd be crazy to take a fight with Williams for a 3rd of that. Oscar is probably fighting Pacman though.How about Williams-Cotto? Margo can fight Clottey and after he beats him he can face the Williams-Cotto winner for a lot more than $4M.

Its Tony's time to cash in. He earned it and can pick and choose who he wants without being called a ducker by me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Mayweather is not known for having KO power in his punches like Cotto. Everybody knows that anyone else would probably go down in the first rounds with Cotto's power punches. To see Cotto punching away only to have Tony walk through his punches with ease made Cotto look silly. Imagine Tyson, in his prime, punching a guy directly to his head many many times only to have him walk through them as if he was being hit with pillows. That would be humiliating. Oh man, it would have been priceless to see Margarito pull off a Mayorga stunt and taunt Cotto making fun of his punches and later have the referee and his corner save Cotto's life.
    So when Mayweather and Tony finally get it on, and Mayhweather runs off all night punching Margo in his head, and wins a wide UD Who will look silly then, Mayweather for punching a man who could take them all, or Margo for losing a Wide UD
    That is Mayweather's style and he has won like that numerous times so its nothing new really. Mayweather is known for getting on his bycicle to win. Now, Cotto and Margarito are known for the power they pack in their punches and how they can KO a guy with a punch so having someone walk through their punches can make them look silly. Wouldn't you be intimidated to know how you KO guys all the time and suddenly face a guy who walks through your punches? Cotto's fear/intimidation was clear.

great...

can you answer my original question please

If Mayweather punches tony all night and tony takes em all whilst losing to a wide UD

who will look stupider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

twat
    Funny how you lost your temper despite me saying "no offense" you think that makes you look good throwing your toys out of the pram like an immature child ?

First off i have done boxing and have suffered injuries secondly i didn't say the broken nose didn't effect him.....

But i do think Antonio Margarito's constant pressure and body shots also played a vital role even if Miguel Cotto wouldn't have had broken nose it wouldn't have changed the outcome.....

When Miguel Cotto saw his shots were doing nothing to Antonio Margarito he started to get more and more disheartened you could see that by his facial expression's and it wasn't just the broken nose either......

But i hate hearing all of these Miguel Cotto fans saying "if Miguel wouldn't of had broken nose he would of won" to be honest i find that a ridiculous comment by these Miguel Cotto fans because Antonio Margarito was the one that done it.......

Its not like Antonio Margarito had a 2 on 1 handicap vs Miguel Cotto and if there boy would of won you wouldn't of heard nothing about the broken nose from the Miguel Cotto fans and that is fact.
    there was no offence taken my freind

i just think you are a twat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first anyone talkin about a margo clottey fight must not have seen the first fight clottey was clearly winning clearly, margo couldn't even knock clottey out even with clottey not useing one of his hands. what i wanna know for anyone backing margos choice to not fight for the 4mill how does one fighter get put down for looking for the big paydays and another get called smart for it? because i dont think pbf was worried about margo at all it would be easy work for him i think at margos state in boxing even if pbf would have beat him no one would have cared when he doesn't fight him he dodgeing him if he would have faught him they would have said he beat a no namer. roger mayweather was even asked who would give pbf the most trouble cotto or margo he said niether that it would be williams

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the Welterweight fight I want to see - the fight to prove who is No.1. Williams I believe just has the style to beat Margarito.

Andre Berto isn't ready. Though he could develop into the best of the lot and possibly matching Berto against Cotto would be a good fight rather than throwing either in with Margarito next.

Then again the Cotto vs Margarito fight was a big hit with the fans and I'm sure a rematch would make big numbers maybe a case of whether Cotto wants to jump straight back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

twat

there was no offence taken my freind

i just think you are a twat

Very mature response my response back is i don't think your anything i don't consider you a real poster you couldn't reply to any of my comments when you realized you were wrong and took the easy way out with a childish response.

Thread Information