Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mesi destroys Miller in 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I worry about Mesi's brain but hell it seems we're all hypocrits because Edwin Valero and Marco Antonio Barerra have plates in their heads and no one really worries about them.
    If I had a metal plate covering a defective area in my brain...do ya think I'd be worried?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.....Well Joe Mesi had a brain bleed after the Jirov fight and since then he hasn't been licensed in New York or Las Vegas which means it's very difficult to find fights for him in the US in bigger markets.

Faruq Saleem is just a nobody he fed his career off of bums....Joe Mesi WANTS to fight the big name fighter but nobody wants to fight him because they are afraid because of his health.

Hell he could take it to anther county,right?
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Yes which is mainly why he's continuing to fight and also he can fight in some states this past fight was in the US it's just not a boxing market though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by USA LOVES THE KLITSCHKOS
    .....Well Joe Mesi had a brain bleed after the Jirov fight and since then he hasn't been licensed in New York or Las Vegas which means it's very difficult to find fights for him in the US in bigger markets.

Faruq Saleem is just a nobody he fed his career off of bums....Joe Mesi WANTS to fight the big name fighter but nobody wants to fight him because they are afraid because of his health.

Hell he could take it to anther county,right?
    I just wonder if he could get liscensed for something like the NABO or NABF titles?

I know that he's revoked stateside & all...but those are lesser organizations...maybe they'd be more lax.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Mesi-Arreola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the update Wacko. I think Mesi is moving along at a fine pace. It's going to take him a year or so more before he'll be given a real chance in the US. Where there is money there is a way. Joe was well on his way to making people money in the past and if he continues to look good, the sharks in Vegas and NY are going to want a piece.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    Thanks for the update Wacko. I think Mesi is moving along at a fine pace. It's going to take him a year or so more before he'll be given a real chance in the US. Where there is money there is a way. Joe was well on his way to making people money in the past and if he continues to look good, the sharks in Vegas and NY are going to want a piece.
    Completely agree with this. I hope he is able to get a big fight. I also hope that Valero can get a huge fight stateside. I mean why the hell not? He is going to be fighting somewhere regardless, might as well let Americans get our big fights and get Edwin big money.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by slk123
    You really think so?

I have no doubts that people are going to want a piece of him...but I aint so sure that he'll be makin' the rounds of Vegas & NYC again. I just think that he & his team may have burnt too many bridges & that the health scare has put him into a spot that he can't get out of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Mesi makes me sick to my stomach and is a poor Representative of the sport of boxing!!!!...

Lets be honest here shall we?.......Joe Mesi has no intentions now or has he ever had intentions of fighting a top caliber HW no matter how few there are...From day one Joe Mesi even though was a good amateur knew he was not HW champion material as did his Father/Handlers.....

They knew that Buffalo was a big city that Mesi could make some decent scratch being a local here and even draw in some Canadian fan fare as well....

When Mesi made his debut it was the race card they all counted on...( and NO this is not a racial prejudice comment)...We all know white HWT's with a winning record are big draws especially in small cities of mid west.....Mesi only targets either weak opp or no hopers...If they even suspected Joe had a chance at a world title they would have taken a shot by now....at 36-0 or what ever he is now...Mesi is LONG over due for a shot at a belt no matter how weak his comp is.....

WTF has he not broken the top 10? I think he had a brief stint a while back.....

Make no mistake my friends Mesi is here for the money and will fight the least dangerous opp available.....to cash in on his skin color...and now with all the top fighters in the HW division with the exception of Sam Peter being white that money train is running slow.....

Mesi just retire you piece of trash you stink up the joint...no one missed you when you left the first time and no one will miss you this time...with the exception of a few overmatched opponents who are in need of a payday to feed their famly that any REAL fighter would be embaressed to face in the ring
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Joe Mesi makes me sick to my stomach and is a poor Representative of the sport of boxing!!!!...

Lets be honest here shall we?.......Joe Mesi has no intentions now or has he ever had intentions of fighting a top caliber HW no matter how few there are...From day one Joe Mesi even though was a good amateur knew he was not HW champion material as did his Father/Handlers.....
    Mesi was fighting good fighters before his injury.

When Mesi made his debut it was the race card they all counted on...( and NO this is not a racial prejudice comment)...We all know white HWT's with a winning record are big draws especially in small cities of mid west.....Mesi only targets either weak opp or no hopers...If they even suspected Joe had a chance at a world title they would have taken a shot by now....at 36-0 or what ever he is now...Mesi is LONG over due for a shot at a belt no matter how weak his comp is.....

WTF has he not broken the top 10? I think he had a brief stint a while back.....
    Have you been paying attention? HE HAD A BRAIN BLEED!!!

Make no mistake my friends Mesi is here for the money and will fight the least dangerous opp available.....to cash in on his skin color...and now with all the top fighters in the HW division with the exception of Sam Peter being white that money train is running slow.....
    Oh yeah, I'm sure he'll just rake in the money by avoiding any "real" fighters.

Mesi just retire you piece of trash you stink up the joint...no one missed you when you left the first time and no one will miss you this time...with the exception of a few overmatched opponents who are in need of a payday to feed their famly that any REAL fighter would be embaressed to face in the ring
    It's fine to state your opinions, but you shouldn't be talking for other people. I agree that Mesi is a long shot to become champion, but speak for yourself about whether anybody missed or will miss him, and about what his intentions are.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk

It's fine to state your opinions, but you shouldn't be talking for other people. I agree that Mesi is a long shot to become champion, but speak for yourself about whether anybody missed or will miss him, and about what his intentions are.
    I'm sorry mate, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to defend DaxxKahn on this one, because although he phrased it colourfully and forcefully, I think he's bang on the money.

Mesi was really only moving up the ranks and was fighting fighters for his level when he got the brain injury, and in my opinion he probably should have called it a day. However, Mesi is the kind of fighter with a cult following, and could probably (and some might say is) fill out halls knocking out stiffs once a month, and making a healthy living out of it too. The issue that Daxx is raising is that Mesi has very little intention of going for a championship, and I agree that although Mesi's team talk a good talk, they never back that up with challenging opposition for him.

El Kabong Guest

.....I agree with Myk_Myk.

Joe Mesi is not a horrible fighter, he was testing himself before his injury: David Izon, Davarryl Williamson, Vassily Jirov

He got hurt and now no one wants to fight him, no one wants to promote a fight card with him on it, and no one ranks him because of it. Now mind you that IMO had he stepped up to fight even a John Ruiz or Evander Holyfield he would have lost due to his low stamina.

You can't blame anyone for Joe Mesi's career, I think he'd gladly trade a couple losses for a shot at a title or bigger fights. You can't honestly believe he thinks he's going to do anything big by fighting in smaller venues vs has beens and never wases.

Joe Mesi without injury would be somewhat similar to Brian Minto in my opinion a good tough fighter but lacking anything special. But right now we have no idea how good he could have been.

I don't understand the hate Mesi recieves and it's all because he's been hurt and is not licensed to fight in big venues anymore.....the fact that he is white doesn't really do much for me and it doesn't do much for the argument either because he's still not licensed...he's still fighting whoever wants to fight him and he's still unbeaten, if he was given a license or a decision or had anything GIVEN to him because he's white I might agree but it's just not true....you say white guys with unbeaten records are ranked higher and it's a joke it's all because of Gerry Cooney who had a good promoter and wins over some big names who were washed up.

Joe Mesi and Domonick Guinn were on the same pace to get title shots before Joe got injured and Guinn lost to Monte Barrett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Myk_Myk & Daxx have good points...but the fact remains that the man's brain was bleeding & it was an ugly day for our sport when he get's to run & hide his medical records from everyone & then get's a pass even after he was forced to bring the records forward.

What does that prove?

Money = ANY TING YOU WANT!

FI' DOLLAH MAKE YOU HOLLAH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk

I'll state it anyway I want to,,,I can't stand the way this guy has approached the sport the way he is going about his career makes the sport look bad.

Yes genius Guys in the HW division can make a ton of money fighting guys not ranked and are garbage...They will not get the million dollar paydays but they will recieve some nice 6 figure ones and to recieve money like that to fight guys you know you overmatch is like shooting ducks in a barrel,,

WTF does his brain bleed have to do with breaking the top 10 EVER?.....I see plenty of guys with lower win ratios then Mesi who has broken the top 10 and Mesi has been back quite a while now.....but thanks for the update letting me know Mesi suffered the injury in the first place...Now I understand what this was all about

http://www.saddoboxing.com/2662-boxing-joe-mesi.html

Fact is he does not even belong in the ring after what happened to him...God Forbid something should happen to him or the injury reoccurs and the sport would be blasted for it....Other mens careers would be effected by it...I suppose it is OK for Mesi to be in the ring because some bullshit doctor said he is fine for the moment....all the while Mesi takes a chance at his own life makes a nice bankroll fighting no hopers and never has beens......I suppose you were all for Morrisons return as well.....

It is Rare that I blast a fighter the way I do Mesi,,,Very Rare,,,ask anyone here,, so I obviously fell strongly about it....Maybe you you would know that if you took a look around some of the boards topics...BUT THANK YOU MR. 89 POST FOR TEACHING ME THE SPORT OF BOXING.....AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

El Kabong Guest

Daxx, Joe Mesi is being unfairly treated by the governing bodies and athletic commissions and yeah it's because he had a brain bleed.

Had he NEVER had a brain bleed he would have lost by now....you seem irate that he hasn't lost when it's not his fucking fault that nobody wants to fight him.

Do you honestly think he's making as much money fighting Shannon Miller in Rhode Island than he would if he were to have a title shot in Las vegas Sure he's keeping boxing as his main means of earning money but he's not getting the money he could be getting.

The only difference between Joe Mesi and Edwin Valero besides weight is that Valero had a guy in WBA Champion Vincente Mosquera who wasn't afraid to give Valero a shot....if a heavyweight champion gave Mesi a shot, i'm 100% sure he'd take it. Mesi doesn't fight bums because he wants to or because he's told to it's because if he wants to continue fighting he has to fight bums.

Joe was never a world beater and he was never going to be an all-time great but he fought with heart and he fights whoever is put infront of him. Whether it's right for him to continue or not is not my place to decide but he deserves a little bit more respect because he's boxing for the love of the sport right now he has NO SHOT at fighting for a title anytime soon and he's still fighting to try and get his shot.

Thread Information