Thread: British RBR - Barker v Bendall - Commonwealth Middleweight title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British RBR - Barker v Bendall - Commonwealth Middleweight title

Round 7:

Barker comes out with a little more intention, popping out the jab, but Bendall does land a jab as Barker comes in. Bendall working again , but Barker with a jab and a right. Bendall with a nice left, then a jab. Barker missing a little more in this round, and Bendall seems to be warming to this after a catatonic start. Bendall seems cut on the right eye, and the ref wants a look. Bendall with the jab, but takes two from Barker. Bendall's cut is bleeding a lot, but after a brief chance, the ref thinks its too bad and waves it off.

Unlucky that it came from a clash of heads, but Barker was dominating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I win my preiction, VD loses his JOKER pick so everyone's happy

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great rd by rd mate... give the guy some rep folks

Good call from the ref

to be honest if Bendall's corner had have pulled him out after the 5th round i wouldn't have complained... he showed alot of heart though IMO

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darren Barker says: "I never overlooked Bendall, he's a quality opponent and was a stiff test. I'm learning all the time and getting better. Steve was coming back at me and was stopped on a cut, that's boxing. Everything in life is about learning all the time."

Barker seems to have done what was expected of him, but didn't risk too much in chasing Bendall after the knockdown. Not sure if it's tiredness or tactic, but Barker's work seems to become straighter as the rounds continue, it also did against Crompton. However, early in the fight Barker looked superb, though might need a few more fights before he starts looking at tougher challenges, such as British champ Elcock, or even one of the Irish boys like Lee and Duddy. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see him thrown in with someone like Howard Eastman or maybe even Jim Rock might fancy testing his skills against the youngster. However, an unlikely but mouthwatering fight would be to see him in against Paul Smith, in one of the best British divisions around at the moment.

Thread Information