Thread: Eubank Jnr v Renold Quinlan - ITV Box Office 4/2/17

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Renold Quinlan threatens to pull out of Chris Eubank Jr fight over lack of build-

Excellent letter from Audley and a lot of what he said was true about Frank and Eddie.

Audley followed the model that Lennox did and never allowed Don King near him.

Audley messed up his potential, he got too much too soon but still could have got more but for his chin.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Excellent letter from Audley and a lot of what he said was true about Frank and Eddie.

Audley messed up his potential, he got too much too soon but still could have got more but for his chin.
    Excellent Letter? It's a load of fucking bullshit!
    I am seriously of the mind that Audley is mentally disturbed. He is fucking Ill, and I'm concerned for his sanity.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Renold Quinlan threatens to pull out of Chris Eubank Jr fight over lack of build-

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I am seriously of the mind that Audley is mentally disturbed. He is fucking Ill, and I'm concerned for his sanity.
    Why are Warren and Eddie always crying about Eubank and still willing to work with him? They fear him and his way of working.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are Warren and Eddie always crying about Eubank and still willing to work with him? They fear him and his way of working.
    Come on, they don't fear Eubank, they fucking ridicule him! They're businessmen, they'll work with the dopey cunt if there's money in it for them, but they can't respect him, because he is fucking stupid but thinks he's smart.
    Eubank is running out of people who will work with him, and to be honest, his son hasn't done that much really when you look at it.
    When the Jr. V GGG Fight fell through and Brook got it, you never heard anything from Sr. For a whole month! He couldn't think of a spin on it.
    Now as the dust settles, he's got his voice back and is talking meaningless horseshit, trying to make out he's Confucius or Grasshopper's mentor on Kung Fu!
    If you or anybody seriously take in one word that Eubank or Audley say, then you must have MUG tattooed on your Forehead!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you or anybody seriously take in one word that Eubank or Audley say, then you must have MUG tattooed on your Forehead!
    And anyone that swallows every word Frank and Eddie spit out as gospel?

I've been there, like a lot of people I thought if Frank and Eddie agree on this it must be the case. It could still be the case to be fair.

For me this is now quite a cut and dried affair. I applaud what Audley tried and what Eubank is trying. Ignore for a moment their personalities and that they both have a knack of rubbing people up the wrong way with little to no effort. In essence, what they're trying to do is a good thing.

I also have no issue with believing some of what Audley and Chris Snr say where Warren and Hearn are concerned. As I've said before, Frank and Eddie are cut from the same cloth, using the same model of promotion. You're either in, or you're out. If you're out, they'll invest time, energy, money in ensuring that success is as difficult to come by as possible. I don't doubt that for a second.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    And anyone that swallows every word Frank and Eddie spit out as gospel?

I've been there, like a lot of people I thought if Frank and Eddie agree on this it must be the case. It could still be the case to be fair.

For me this is now quite a cut and dried affair. I applaud what Audley tried and what Eubank is trying. Ignore for a moment their personalities and that they both have a knack of rubbing people up the wrong way with little to no effort. In essence, what they're trying to do is a good thing.

I also have no issue with believing some of what Audley and Chris Snr say where Warren and Hearn are concerned. As I've said before, Frank and Eddie are cut from the same cloth, using the same model of promotion. You're either in, or you're out. If you're out, they'll invest time, energy, money in ensuring that success is as difficult to come by as possible. I don't doubt that for a second.
    don't disagree with much of that, but the fact is that in the World of Boxing Promotions , Money is power, and yes, they will use that to make life as difficult as they can if someone isn't "on their side". Nothing that every successful promoter in the past hasn't done.
    But not everybody that doesn't get on with Hearn or Warren is Banished into oblivion. Look at George Groves for example. Its no secret that Groves doesn't like Hearn, and the feeling is probably mutual. But they know that if they act like adults and businessmen, they can both make the money they need out of each other.
    the story Eddie Hearn told about when he asked Eubank Sr. to his Dad's surprise Birthday party sums up Eubank really. and tbh, if I was Hearn, I would never do business with Sr. after that, even if I could make £20 million out of him and his useless fucking son!!!!!!!
    And Audley may well have some fair points, but who the fuck is going to take him seriously? the guy is mentally Ill.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren responds to Audley

Dear Audley

I am afraid your memory – like many of your opponents – must be playing tricks on you.
    You got it all wrong as a fighter and now you are doing the same in print as a heavyweight has-been. Or never-was.

In your astonishingly misconceived missive to the Eubanks you claim your ‘redemption’ against Danny Williams in December 2006 as being tarnished by the fact that it tied you into a long-term promotional contract with your ‘nemisis’, namely me.
    I find this strange because there was nothing long-term about it and there never was in any subsequent agreements we reached. The reason for this? You kept on losing.
    If you remember correctly, you actually came to me in 2005 – when the BBC finally tired of the dross you were serving up to a prime time terrestrial audience – for a fight against Williams and signed a contract accordingly.
    When Williams beat you, that contract was null and void. Done with.
    You went off to the States, losing to Dominick Guinn, before winning against another opponent with a losing record. You then came back to me asking for a rematch with Williams, signing another contract and winning the fight.
    Three months later, you will recall, you fought Michael Sprott at Wembley and got knocked out in three rounds. End of contract with me.
    All a far cry from being ‘tied in’, wouldn’t you say?
    You suggest I couldn’t believe or accept that you pulled off your deal with the BBC, going on to say the institutions that govern England are skewed against black power or control.
    Let’s be clear here Audley, myself along with probably every other fan of the sport was delighted when the BBC jumped into bed with boxing – the same as now with ITV returning to the fold.
    What I did have an issue with was what was being served up dragging the sport on a downward spiral – and it did. It probably turned a large percentage of the public against boxing for good and we all know the BBC haven’t touched it since.
    The bottom line is that nobody screwed up your BBC deal for you other than yourself.
    You entered the professional arena on the back of a magnificent achievement in winning gold in Sydney and, with your personality, it looked for all the world like a sure-fire winner.
    The trouble was people quickly tired of you hand-picking a succession of nobodies to knock over.
    I know full well the necessity of learning your trade, but you were selling these as the main event supported by awful undercards.
    People stopped buying into it, crowds were low and the BBC were getting a lot of flak overtheir substantial investment of public money.
    The Beeb ran the closing credits on your very own dope opera and it was all your own doing. The sport of boxing has paid the price of the BBC no longer being a player in the market ever since.
    By the way, I do hope for your sake you are not including me in your rhetoric about institutional racism. Please clarify because if there is one sector of society that does not ever deserve to be tarnished by such a claim it is the boxing fraternity.
    I await your reply.
    In the meantime, let’s get back to refreshing your memory on all these long-term contracts we were supposed to have locked you into.
    Do you remember the other deal we signed in 2008 when you came back to me again and I gave you the opportunity to fight Martin Rogan? That must’ve been another ball-buster because that expired after another defeat.
    If it hadn’t of done you wouldn’t have somehow got yourself in position to fight David Haye on pay-per-view. Perhaps the least said about that the better, but you managed to put an end to PPV at the time, which resulted in our parting from Sky.
    Perhaps we should give you some credit though as without you BoxNation might never have been born. So, in hindsight, I should thank you for that.
    However, to make me out to be some sort of modern day slave master is pushing it even by your standards.
    I have had a flick through our correspondence over the years – you might like to do the same – and it is noticeable that the vast majority are from you to me asking me to make fights for you. I am happy to make these public if you wish.
    Here is an excerpt from one in December 2008 that goes ‘Anyway, it is all irrelevant. I expect you to release me from my contract and call it a day with me, which I can’t say I blame you for’.
    You will recall that is exactly what I did.
    You might also remember coming on to me in 2009 asking for my help with an insurance company after you had been involved in a car crash and asking for copies of contracts.
    It is at times like this that I am happy that I always keep a paper trail of my dealings with people because time clearly can be a great twister when it comes to the truth.
    Despite everything, you still came back to me again in 2012 and 2013 requesting another opportunity. Last Chance Saloon was already closed for business by this point.
    The architect of your downfall was you, Audley, not me or anybody else in boxing.
    You had your big chance on the BBC, but blew it and the advice you should be imparting to the Eubanks is not to make the same mistakes you did.
    We don’t want history repeating itself. If ITV want longevity in the sport they need quality control and you don’t tend to get that with a boxer picking his own opponents.
    In conclusion, I suggest you stop attempting to rewrite history. You had your big contract and, for want of a better term, you completely f**ked it up because, as good as an amateur as you were, you were a carnage on canvas in the pros.
    Wish you every success for the future.
    Regards,
    Frank

Frank Warren responds with his own explosive 'open letter' to 'Spent Force' Audley Harrison | World Boxing News

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the letter frank

seems much more believable
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont doubt for one second Audley went cap in hand to Warren. Frank and the Hearns are the be all and end all of boxing promoting in this country, have been for years, at some point, you're going to have to get into bed to some degree.

Frank also has a short memory. He talks like the common man saying how delighted he is that boxing is on proper tele and that Audley effectively ruined boxing on the BBC and Sky PPV. ITV shat a brick when Benn nearly killed McClellan and they were ready to pull the plug. Franks response was to stick Naz in with Sergio Liendo to really put the icing on the cake. Naz nearly decapitated the fucker and ITV were off.

I truly dont know where he gets the front to question other peoples quality given the amount of horse shit Warren has served up over the years as 'World Championship Boxing'.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren is right that Audley ruined BBC broadcasting boxing but I blame the idiot that negociated the contract with audley because they overpaid Audley.

I am glad Audley nearly destroyed sky ppv with his fight with Haye.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Our pitch is often voted best in the league, as are our groundsmen. But you know get the excuses in early why don' you (:

The football league owes the premiership nothing. All those advantages and still the big clubs moan like spoilt babies
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Our pitch is often voted best in the league, as are our groundsmen. But you know get the excuses in early why don' you (:

The football league owes the premiership nothing. All those advantages and still the big clubs moan like spoilt babies
    is there some related hidden meaning in there that I need to work out before I understand your post?

or have you just posted something on the wrong thread?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

is there some related hidden meaning in there that I need to work out before I understand your post?

ha! wrong thread mate
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is saying that Audley is the premier league and despite all of his advantages he still tries to lay the blame on Warren and Hearn who are the equivalent of the groundsmen who do all the hard work behind the scenes for little thanks and still get criticised.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

He is saying that Audley is the premier league and despite all of his advantages he still tries to lay the blame on Warren and Hearn who are the equivalent of the groundsmen who do all the hard work behind the scenes for little thanks and still get criticised.
    Audley is a lot of things but that is probably the first time somebody has called him Premier League
    Hidden Content

Thread Information