I dont see it really as far as the clingy holding just to hold style.Last night Green initiated alot of it and Ward was working on the inside,nice bodywork when in close.I do think we're getting just a biiiit carried away with Hopkins comparisons.Frankly regardless of how much his recent few fights were loathed Hopkins is indeed a fighter in skills and mentality to want to immulate...yeah yeah save for the theatrics and Jones fight for me.I dont see Ward having a longterm shelf life at the top,just get a feeling he gets clipped too much and dont see a fully armored 2nd gear he can go to...strong punch,rifle right hand of Hopkins...the chin (??) and as odd as it sounds,the comfortability in the role of 'bad guy'...Hopkins never allowed himself to be spurned on by the crowd and fans as much as they hissed.He adjusted his style with age and years strictly on his terms allowing such a long preservation after early years of being a fierce attacker.See Ward at this very early stage and high competition stepping in and giving opponents openings in spots.Ward looked good last night but cant get passed thinking Green was suppressing himself as much as Ward was keeping him at bay.he just would not let it go and he has a long history of it.Green came into this overrated imo.Ward has the guile and subtle tricks to build on with speed but these days hype guys and commentators are a bit rash in anointing the "next" Sugar Ray or next best thing.Hes good right now,but he's not yet a great.