Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: College Football

I would be a bit surprised if this USC team lost twice but you never know.

The more I look at Auburn I think this could be a bit of a down year for them. They didn't bring back a ton on offense and I've never been that blown away by their QB, Brandon Cox. And I'm not just saying that cause I would love for them to have a bad year. I think actually Arkansas is being underated a bit. Well not underrated by everybody, they're in the top twenty in a lot of polls but there rated in the low thirties in some other polls. I'm actually living in Fayetteville for the moment and I see Derrick McFadden around campus wearing a wife beater, looking like just about the scariest motherfucker you could imagine...all the while riding around on one of those goofy looking mopeds Kinda hurts the image a bit. Dude is a monster though, biggest arms I've ever seen on a guy around 220 pounds.

And you're totally right about college football being the main event. The NFL, in Alabama at least, is so far below college football, its hard to understand for people in most of the rest of the country. I guess it might be going a bit too far to say its like comparing pro baseball to college baseball because college baseball for the most part gets almost no recognition, but its not that far off really. I'm coming around to the NFL a bit but I don't have a team, I tend to just root for teams with Alabama players. I decided that I'd follow the Texans cause of Demeco Ryans but then I thought I just don't enjoy misery enough to be a Texans fan.

El Kabong Guest

I want my ECU Pirates to do well this year....new starting QB Rob Kass, that boy is going to blow up big this year!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michigan

How bad it must suck to be a Michigan fan.

Notre Dame was shockingly bad. I thought they'd lose and get dominated by Georgia Tech's defense but they just looked desperate from the beginning, like they knew they were gonna get smacked.

Alabama beat the S*** out of a bad 1-AA team, hard to say much about it really. I actually bought the PPV knowing that it would be a bore by the end of the first quarter. I thought Auburn was a bit overrated and didn't think they looked that good against Kansas State, defense is good but their offense is real iffy. Georgia looks good, Tennessee's defense can't possibly be that bad. Cal did look good, DeSean Jackson is a star.

And I know Virginia Tech is a good story and I hope they do well but I can't see them beating LSU. Their offense isn't national championship good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you guys think about the unranked Canes going into OU's backyard this weekend? I've loved Miami since I can remember, and they've had a few bad years recently, but if their offense can at least move the ball and give the D some breathing room I think they have a chance. OU's supposed to be a powerhouse, but they won't see a defense like Miami's for the rest of the regular season. Miami's a 10.5 point dog in this one. I might be in for a rude awakening, but I think Randy Shannon turns this team around and has them competing for a NC in the very near future.
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Satan is a scumsucking B*$tard,hes allready used up Shula having to suffer through recruiting violation hell,and put you back under suspicion
    Im a Dolphins fan,good luck with that,youll seriously need it.
    I was thinking either that or LSU

Has Saban ever put a team on probation? Don't think so, unless I'm just missing something. I don't even remember LSU or MSU being investigated for anything.

He might not be the most likeable guy but he's a great coach, I don't see how anyone who watched his teams at LSU and Shula's at Alabama could deny that we've upgraded as far as coaching goes. Its just a fact, he's a better coach. A better person is a different question.
    Not really,Shula had a team under recruiting restrictions,Saban took over one that was free and clear,and within two months had them being investigated again.
    Hey no skin off my nose,Cameron looks to have a clue on offense,and Im a PSU fan.
    As far as LSU fans,get over it,he had a chance to coach in the pros,he took it,and completely blew it,and ran like a coward from his own mess
    "How many times to I have to tell you,Im not going to be coaching Alabama"-Nick Satan

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be another Championship year for USC this year

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I'm actually living in Fayetteville for the moment and I see Derrick McFadden around campus wearing a wife beater, looking like just about the scariest motherfucker you could imagine...all the while riding around on one of those goofy looking mopeds
    lmfao hahaha thats great.

Notre Dame....this year is going to be painful. Jimmy Clausen in the quarterback now as a Freshman. Against Penn State this could be bad. He played the high school that beat mine in the state championship last year and they picked him off 3 times. There is nothing special about the team either, I think I could have picked off those passes.

Now he's going against a team I think is going to run away with the Big Ten. Shit.

Cal looked awesome though, Nate Longshore is really coming into his own and Jackson is just a beast.

I think Washington is going to beat Boise St. tomorrow too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't blame the Big Ten for Michigan's suckery.
    They were probably just overlooking the Mountaineers & stressing over the game coming up on November 17th.
    Like a ram getting ready to jam the lamb

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon Brad........you know App. State is a formidable opponent.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew Auburn was a bit overrated. Granted, South Florida's better than a lot of people think but Auburn has NO offense. Good defense, Quinton Groves is a bad ass, but Brandon Cox has just regressed over the last three years.

Alabama has a great freshman running back in Terry Grant. Really explosive player. But our quarterback JP Wilson was just horrible against Vanderbilt, a bit worried actually. That and our D Line is undersized and we don't have much depth there. I'm thinking well be lucky to beat Arkansas.

Notre Dame just doesn't have any offense right now. And Willingham's looking a lot better now, not that Weis isn't a good coach. LSU might be as good as USC.

Michigan, its not even all that funny anymore. I mean it kind of is but they just looked pathetic. I mean its ridiculous, I wouldn't even count out a team like Mississippi State being able to beat them. Hell, I'm pretty sure Troy could beat them. It's like Baller27 is their defensive coordinator, they just don't have a clue.

El Kabong Guest

...No doubt App State would beat a number of Big 10 schools they are no pushovers!

ECU beat UNC woooooooooo PIRATES!!!!

USC is bullshit they will get STOMPED by LSU! the Pac 10 and the Big 10 are the 2 most overrated conferences in the nation

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Pac 10 and the Big 10 are the 2 most overrated conferences in the nation
    The Big 10 is overrated. The Pac 10 is not. USC won't beat LSU, I agree but that doesn't mean the conference is overrated. The Pac 10 is the best it's been in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UVA are going to win. We're ready to kick ass....
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I can say about this weekend of games is how times have changed! I never would have thought I would see Miami and Va Tech look slow. They're offenses are pitiful at best, and they're defenses have many soft spots unlike the defenses of 4-5 years ago. Michigan is just ridiculous, Notre Dame is in the same boat. LSU looks like they're going all the way if they don't stumble along the way in that congested SEC. Florida looks just as good as last year maybe better on offense. Florida State is down as well. Tough times for the ACC I think they went from the 1st or second strongest to the absolute worst major conference in the last two years. I hate this.
    I know everything about nothing!

Thread Information