0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy jones plans to return in november

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I would love him to revenge the Johnson and Tarver defeats that would be so good for his career then he could retire where would he be ranked if he revenged them losses ??
    if not #1 pound for pound i def have him in the 2nd place

2nd place......Thats just crazy talk....Even if he did avenge those losses....Roy has not done anything in a very long time that is signifigant....Beatong Tarver and Johnson would not warrant 2nd place P4P

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I would love him to revenge the Johnson and Tarver defeats that would be so good for his career then he could retire where would he be ranked if he revenged them losses ??

2nd place......Thats just crazy talk....Even if he did avenge those losses....Roy has not done anything in a very long time that is signifigant....Beatong Tarver and Johnson would not warrant 2nd place P4P

thas like ur girl tellin u, wat have u don for me LATELY, meaning she forgot evrythin else uve donw for her in the past, ur saying jus cuz recently he hasnt done anyhting spectacualr and lost a few while bein old he isnt great?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones cant beat Johnson imo. Jones willl fold under Glens pressureand Jones' mind games have no effect on Glen and unfortunately for Jones, neither does his style. He will get bulldozed again. If I were Jones Id go after Hopkins or Woods.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thas like ur girl tellin u, wat have u don for me LATELY, meaning she forgot evrythin else uve donw for her in the past, ur saying jus cuz recently he hasnt done anyhting spectacualr and lost a few while bein old he isnt great?

That is not evenly a remotely close analogy but nice try at sarcasim......

Point is Jones is no longer sharp in the ring...He lays on the ropes and on occasion throws a quick combo with little power behind it.....As much as I love Roy as a fighter IMO he does not belong in with the top tier any longer....Badi Ajamu and Anthony Hanshaw are not elite level fighters...Johnson has not lost a step and Tarver has his number.....Plain and simple.....Every fighter has his time to walk away...Jones time has come....Though even at a shadow of his former self he is able to beat fighters on the level of Hanshaw and Ajamu.....That is a far step from guys like Johnson who not only are still able to compete at a top level but have all the ring savvy and will not be out done with ring experience like Hanshaw who is still learning....

I would hate to see him get hurt in the ring and thats what will happen if he continues to push his luck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not bs, Jones doesnt want to rematch Glen Johnson, he's just saying that to save face. If he does rematch I will give him alot of credit, because Glen is on fire right now. If they did fight I would pick Johnson no doubt. He is really wanting the fight with Tito, he'll take on Erdai but he wont travel....same old shit with him. I never liked him and never will. He thinks he is the big dog but he's not anymore, he didnt mention Hopkins, because he knows he'll get his ass kicked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Point is Jones is no longer sharp in the ring...He lays on the ropes and on occasion throws a quick combo with little power behind it.....As much as I love Roy as a fighter IMO he does not belong in with the top tier any longer....Badi Ajamu and Anthony Hanshaw are not elite level fighters...Johnson has not lost a step and Tarver has his number.....Plain and simple.....Every fighter has his time to walk away...Jones time has come....Though even at a shadow of his former self he is able to beat fighters on the level of Hanshaw and Ajamu.....That is a far step from guys like Johnson who not only are still able to compete at a top level but have all the ring savvy and will not be out done with ring experience like Hanshaw who is still learning....

I would hate to see him get hurt in the ring and thats what will happen if he continues to push his luck

i jus realized we really misunderstood each other, i was talkin all time standings not recent no way i would put him even in tha top ten of todays list, unless we didnt misunderstand than i stand my ground if were talkin all time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i jus realized we really misunderstood each other, i was talkin all time standings not recent no way i would put him even in tha top ten of todays list, unless we didnt misunderstand than i stand my ground if were talkin all time

I was speaking about current......

As for all time I would not put Jones above guys like Ray Robinson, Ali, Armstrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Lets not bs, Jones doesnt want to rematch Glen Johnson, he's just saying that to save face. If he does rematch I will give him alot of credit, because Glen is on fire right now. If they did fight I would pick Johnson no doubt. He is really wanting the fight with Tito, he'll take on Erdai but he wont travel....same old shit with him. I never liked him and never will. He thinks he is the big dog but he's not anymore, he didnt mention Hopkins, because he knows he'll get his ass kicked.
    well he did mention hopkins just not in this interview..immediately after the fight with hanshaw roy said he's willing to fight anyone..except hopkins because hopkins plays with him to much...

and besides hopkins is the one who should want the rematch with roy because as it stands roy 1-0 hop 0-1
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should Roy come back and beat Tarver or Johnson, or even Hopkins then i will believe. However, should Roy come back and beat one of the aforementioned, how much would it take from him? In my eyes it would finish him...It would take such an effort from his body he would not be able to go on and build on the glory and if he tried he would fail, again tarnsihing the win. Much safer (and profitable) taking safer bets such as Trinidad. No disrespect to Tito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a fight with Tito would make perfect sense for Roy. Just on his name recognition alone a win over Tito would bolt him back on top in the eyes of most general boxing fans. No one will even care that it was a Tito who has not fought in 2 years. Tito has also never fought above 160 and would be a lesser risk than Johnson. After that Roy can pretty much do what he wants.

However, there is a flip side to this coin. Trinidad might actually show up ready as was the case in his last comeback when he looked very fit against Mayorga. I know Mayorga should not be mentioned in the same breath of even this Roy Jones Jr but my point is, Tito was not slow or show any sign of ring rust in that fight and his power was definitely still there.

Bottom line, Tito is the best choice with regards to risk vs reward ratio, but he better be damn carefull and he better not get to confertable on those ropes cuz Tito is still one of the best finishers in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for all time I would not put Jones above guys like Ray Robinson, Ali, Armstrong

jus for the record i would not put him anywhrere near top 20 in the p4p list today

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    I think a fight with Tito would make perfect sense for Roy. Just on his name recognition alone a win over Tito would bolt him back on top in the eyes of most general boxing fans. No one will even care that it was a Tito who has not fought in 2 years. Tito has also never fought above 160 and would be a lesser risk than Johnson. After that Roy can pretty much do what he wants.
    Maybe extremely casual fans might give him credit for beating Tito. I mean if they didn't know anything about the fight, didn't know that Tito was not even at his best at 160, much less 175, which is 20-25 pounds over his best weight. And they didn't know that Tito had been out for two years after getting dominated in his last fight.

they'd also have to miss the pre-fight stuff cause Merchant or any reasonable boxing analyst would let the fans know that the circumstances behind the fight were ridiculous, that it was a joke fight. I find it hard to believe that many boxing fans would giveJones credit for beating Tito after a two year layoff at 175. Maybe I'm wrong maybe the name recognition of Tito would make it a big deal, but the whole idea of a Tito fight at 175 after a two year layoff just seems ridiculous to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Maybe extremely casual fans might give him credit for beating Tito. I mean if they didn't know anything about the fight, didn't know that Tito was not even at his best at 160, much less 175, which is 20-25 pounds over his best weight. And they didn't know that Tito had been out for two years after getting dominated in his last fight.

they'd also have to miss the pre-fight stuff cause Merchant or any reasonable boxing analyst would let the fans know that the circumstances behind the fight were ridiculous, that it was a joke fight. I find it hard to believe that many boxing fans would giveJones credit for beating Tito after a two year layoff at 175. Maybe I'm wrong maybe the name recognition of Tito would make it a big deal, but the whole idea of a Tito fight at 175 after a two year layoff just seems ridiculous to me.
    I guarantee you it would at least get him a title shot.

I agree with everything you say but fans are funney sometimes. Some people on this forum have actually said that Gomez deserves a title shot after beating Gotti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jus for the record i would not put him anywhrere near top 20 in the p4p list today

Well at least we agree on something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least we agree on something

lol tyeah cc

Thread Information