lol nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: School Brawls

To the original poster. May i suggest you take up judo and also a bit of boxing that way you can mix it with these punks at any range.

If you dont fancy boxing try unarmed combatives. Preferably anything from fairburn or sykes lineage. once these fukcers have felt a pre emptive cradle strike followed by an osot gari onto hard concrete your troubles will be over.

You'll be in borstal but at least you wont have to face those bullies again

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I once had a Karate freind, who could kill a man with his bare feet. He got attacked by 3 yobs and they battered the shit outa him because he had his socks and shoes on
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

poor bastard. Just goes to show you karate is a joke. but not as much as kung fu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep couldn't agree more. Karate and kung fu and all that mallarky are useless when it goes off. Judo and combatives rock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you have a black belt in judo?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that was a joke Oh bollocks
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    do you have a black belt in judo?
    I do indeed. Got it almost 2 yeas ago now. Fingers have started to develop arthiritis now though due to them being bent backwards/dislocated/ etc....judo is also tough on the joints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brazilian jiu jitsus the way to go.

I gave it a try for a while. I got a sick of rolling around with sweaty men straddling me, so i took up boxing to develope a KO punch so hopefully ill never have to be there again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoie
    Brazilian jiu jitsus the way to go.

I gave it a try for a while. I got a sick of rolling around with sweaty men straddling me, so i took up boxing to develope a KO punch so hopefully ill never have to be there again
    BJJ is untouchable on the ground but SHYTE at standup.Thats exactly what you do in BJJ...roll around on the deck. Judo is one of the best kept secrets in self protection. Who wants to be rolling around in the dogshit on the cold pavement on a saturday night outside a club trying to get your attacker in an armbar whilst offering your head as a football for his mates.

First and foremost hit the fella pre-emptively. If you don't KO him and it gets in grabbing range thats when judo is your best friend.

Throw the tosser on his back onto the concrete in a split second he isn't getting up. Then you can getaway. Just to add Judo is more than capable on the deck. The newaza practised in Judo is the ground game. It has all the chokes and locks of BJJ but BJJ have explored them further. Hell BJJ comes from Kosen Judo. However going to the ground is a huge no no in the street.

With BJJ if you roll around on the deck with him trying to get him in an UMPA LUMPA then even people who are not involved will feel the need to tap dance on your head.

BJJ - good in the octagon but on a saturday night outside a club or in the kebab shop its your worst nightmare when things get lively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No matter what you do or where you do it, in my experience, id say weight if your best friend.
    Ive seen 60kg professional boxers get done over by some fat bugar that does kebab-jitsu just because of sheer size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thesidnet
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old in high school. In my gym class, there are some kids that try to be tough and really intimidating like. I was wondering if I could get some tips on training myself, like some sort of daily routine, to fight better in case of self defense. I've had some experience since my brother used to kickbox, and I used to take tae kwon do.
    acting tough and intimidating in gym class is not the same as "pushing me around slapping me and calling me a pussy" Just work hard in gym to compete in all teh things you do esp wrestling. they will respect that. I speak from real experiance as 2 time british columbia junior goju ryu full contact karate champion. and having been a bouncer in Edmonton during the Oil boom with probably 200+ fights and 8 assault charges. You never fight on the street unless its so important and nessasary that you are prepared for the concequences. That means law suits criminal charges and record and jail time. If some guy trys to mug your blind grandmother go for it! some guy yapps....who cares..walk away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

acting tough and intimidating in gym class is not the same as "pushing me around slapping me and calling me a pussy" Just work hard in gym to compete in all teh things you do esp wrestling. they will respect that. I speak from real experiance as 2 time british columbia junior goju ryu full contact karate champion. and having been a bouncer in Edmonton during the Oil boom with probably 200+ fights and 8 assault charges. You never fight on the street unless its so important and nessasary that you are prepared for the concequences. That means law suits criminal charges and record and jail time. If some guy trys to mug your blind grandmother go for it! some guy yapps....who cares..walk away.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Thread Information