Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Would Ali Have Done In 90s

A prime Ali would make Tyson look silly. And as far as Bowe or Lewis stopping him...in your wildest dreams. I am by no means a Tyson hater...before he completely lost the plot he was a devastating puncher. But we will never know how good Tyson really could have been because he was mentally such an unstable person. But Ali was in a completely different class. Despite his larger than life image, people still sometimes forget what a special athlete Ali was. At his absolute prime, before his exile due to the war, he was as good a fighter the sport has ever seen.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    ALI ISIN'T SUPERMAN.... He has been beat, if Norton and Frazier beat Ali than so could Tyson and Holyfield...
    Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Ali's jaw is among the best in boxing history, and so is his hear. Even if Tyson managed o put him down he wouldn't stay down. Tyson had bad stamina, he had trouble when moved backwards and Ali would have absolutely mindfucked Tyson. I would pick Ali to beat Tyson 9 out of 10 times and I rate Tyson fairly high. But Ali was made to beat him.

The only 2 people who have a shot are Holyfield and Lewis imo. And I haven't seen enough of either of them losing to see who wins.
    Since when did an 80's incarnation of Tyson have bad stamina??!!

Im surprised by that comment!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isn't the 80's incarnation, it's the 90's.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I now feel extremely shy and retarded

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I now feel extremely shy and retarded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

90's Tyson vs. 70's Ali in a great question because both were past their primes physically, but Ali's mental edge would carry him. Prime pre-jail Tyson might have been able to swarm and KO the slower 70's Ali. Like some said before, if Frazier and Norton could get to 70's Ali, a peak Tyson would stand a good chance. Pre-layoff Ali dance, jabs, and jabbers around prime Tyson, but in the 80's Tyson was probably less likely to let 70's Ali's jedi mind tricks work on him. Maybe Ali could rope-a-dope him, but I don't know.

Every version of Ali, except the very end, beats post-jail Tyson everyday and twice on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali is a god! Nobody cold beat him.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali in his prime would have (in the ninties) had the most trouble with Bowe, Lewis was fairly static and easy to hit, Holyfield needed a brwaler to look good, Mike wasnt iron any more but would have given Ali a rough ride.

Bowe had good skills ut wasted it, ultimately I dont think there was a nineties fighter that Ali couldnt beat, the older version would have had trouble with any hard workers but the younger one would have had an easier time

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Hold up Ice cold

You can't point out the other guys weaknesses and bad fights but excuse Ali's faults/failings.
    Not at all Ali had fault's he had off days like every boxer but its well known he was green against Cooper and Cooper got lucky punch and it was very very hard punch that would of knocked most boxers out but he got up come out for next round and stopped Cooper where as Lewis got floored twice and got koed twice.
    It's well known Lewis losses were solely because he didn't train properly, got caught with "lucky" punches that would of knocked out most boxers in history (including Ali), and he showed how unlucky the losses were by avenging them in emphatic style.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander's Heart, desire and determination is 2nd to none.. Even bigger than Ali's I think Holyfield and Tyson could both beat Ali... Tyson is to animalistic, fast and explosive

Lewis has all the tools to beat Ali- Pick em

Bowe had the ability but would have to put on a vituoso career defineing performance 80/20 % chance he could beat Ali.

I agree with the rest of your assesments
    Holyfield wouldn't beat Ali in his prime Ali would just stay on outside and jab jab jab Holyfield and 90s Tyson certainly wouldn't beat Ali i mean he made very hard work to beat slow plodding Razor Ruddock 80s Tyson would have better shot but remember Jt were on about 90s version

Bowe wouldn't beat Ali either i mean he struggled to beat old shot Tubbs and imo Tubbs was robbed and alot of people think that aswell and in 2nd Holyfield fight he gave Bowe all kinds of trouble when he boxed on outside and Ali would do same except he has quicker feet than Holyfield and quicker hands and would win decision

Lewis allowed a 5 foot 11 Ray Mercer to give him all sorts of trouble with his jab and Lewis was out jabbed by Frank Bruno i think Ali would out jab Lewis and win decision Lewis may knock Ali down but he wouldn't ko him and Ali would win.
    Mercer was 6ft 1inch only 4 inch shorter than lewis

ICB Guest

Hold up Ice cold

You can't point out the other guys weaknesses and bad fights but excuse Ali's faults/failings.
    Not at all Ali had fault's he had off days like every boxer but its well known he was green against Cooper and Cooper got lucky punch and it was very very hard punch that would of knocked most boxers out but he got up come out for next round and stopped Cooper where as Lewis got floored twice and got koed twice.
    It's well known Lewis losses were solely because he didn't train properly, got caught with "lucky" punches that would of knocked out most boxers in history (including Ali), and he showed how unlucky the losses were by avenging them in emphatic style.
    Nah i see Ali get hit harder like overhand right Shavers hit him with many times he didn't go down and Joe Fraizer left hook how hell he got up from that ill never know.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Evander's Heart, desire and determination is 2nd to none.. Even bigger than Ali's I think Holyfield and Tyson could both beat Ali... Tyson is to animalistic, fast and explosive

Lewis has all the tools to beat Ali- Pick em

Bowe had the ability but would have to put on a vituoso career defineing performance 80/20 % chance he could beat Ali.

I agree with the rest of your assesments
    Holyfield wouldn't beat Ali in his prime Ali would just stay on outside and jab jab jab Holyfield and 90s Tyson certainly wouldn't beat Ali i mean he made very hard work to beat slow plodding Razor Ruddock 80s Tyson would have better shot but remember Jt were on about 90s version

Bowe wouldn't beat Ali either i mean he struggled to beat old shot Tubbs and imo Tubbs was robbed and alot of people think that aswell and in 2nd Holyfield fight he gave Bowe all kinds of trouble when he boxed on outside and Ali would do same except he has quicker feet than Holyfield and quicker hands and would win decision

Lewis allowed a 5 foot 11 Ray Mercer to give him all sorts of trouble with his jab and Lewis was out jabbed by Frank Bruno i think Ali would out jab Lewis and win decision Lewis may knock Ali down but he wouldn't ko him and Ali would win.
    Mercer was 6ft 1inch only 4 inch shorter than lewis
    Doesn't matter 6 foot 1 or 5 foot 11 Mercer's jab should not have been troubling Lewis as much as it was he is much smaller and has got much smaller reach.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali would be the man in any era.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Ali would be the man in any era.
    Couldn't agree more no one had speed or foot movement Ali had on his best night he was like poetry in motion and would beat possibly any hw of any era and thats not because i am big Ali fan its do with how good Ali actually was.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hold up Ice cold

Nah i see Ali get hit harder like overhand right Shavers hit him with many times he didn't go down and Joe Fraizer left hook how hell he got up from that ill never know.
    Nah, the two shots that knocked Lewis out were seriously extra special punches, the type you don't see, don't remember, and the type that spark everybody.

No-way Ali could get flattened by 13st Cooper and survive super shots like those. Which means it's a fact no-way Ali could take Lewis power.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information