Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if mike tyson beat buster douglas

Tyson was done that night,nobody knew how much,but he was
    He no longer had competent trainers,he had boob yes men.
    He wasnt moving his shoulder in that entire fight,he was just coming straight in,even the commentators were saying it.
    He never really bobbed his way in again after that,and he was too short for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The many prostitutes he had in japan were bobbing there heads.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sad thing is to think it might have actually helped his legacy. Due to what holyfield went on to accomplish. Instead history has it that mike got ko'd with a vicious combo by a one hit wonder who ballooned up in weight and got wiped out by holyfield in 2 or 3 rounds before slipping into a diabetic coma and weighing 400 lbs.

If that didnt happen... we might all have had to wait for the next fight after mcbride for that to happen and people would be claiming it was prison that ruined mike....
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he then fights Holyfield and gets KTFO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think holyfield could beat any tyson as remember they sparred a round as ametures and the trainers had to split them as tyson was trying to throw weight around and holy fired back all guys before douglas had idea of jab and move and catch with upercut etc as he gets close(only guys in my opioun that could beat tyson or make good contest is prime ali and homles)
    holy knew tyson best shot was the long distance step in shot stun the prowfuk hooks and uppercuts inside
    so holyfield does not give distance for tyson to get the power and does not look hurt when as (like ali) which as we all know tyson noy strong if he thinks he is not dominating
    holy only possible downfall as press wrote to smal can not take punch forget plan and fights if so there is pretty much tyson all the way unless he can go back to corner and talk sense to him and back to plan a
    tyson was terrifed of foreman as cusdmato told him fighters like frazier maricano (small attackers where talior made for big man) as for bowe and lewis then one or 2 rounds of attacking from an unbeaton tyson and they would be out or at least there for taking hope someone will comment
    as first review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he woulda lost to the next person he fought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he was pretty done by then. If you remember he was dropped by G.Page sparring for that fight.
    Ha was considering Dokes instead of Douglas, if he fought Dokes it would have just prolonged the inevitable.
    http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ghoster
    I agree he was pretty done by then. If you remember he was dropped by G.Page sparring for that fight.
    Ha was considering Dokes instead of Douglas, if he fought Dokes it would have just prolonged the inevitable.
    For both of them really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw View Post
    Tyson just would have been beaten in his next fight. Fighters of Tyson's dimensions fade quickly e.g Joe Frazier. Tyson was a fading force from 1990 onwards. I could not see Tyson doing anything diffrently after that. Holyfield was always the perfect style to beat Iron Mike. The three things which kept Tyson in the picture after the Douglas loss were his power, his baddest man on the planet tag and the controversy that always followed him allowed him to stay in the spotlight for far too long. Tyson was Great in his day (1985-1989) but after that he was never the same.
    I agree. Tyson's rep lasted long after his ability. I remember on this site and a prior one people saying that only a 50 percent Tyson could do this and that to Lewis, Williams and McBride and he couldn't even muster 50 percent. Joe Louis suffered the same effects of aging and what not, though in his case a World War interrupted his fighting, not a prison stretch. Louis may have met his Waterloo in 1942 or 43 in a rematch with Billy Conn if WWII hadn't come along. Louis, except the first loss to Schmeling, was a dynamo from 1935-41 but was running on fumes from 1947 on. It happens.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have always thought Holyfield beats Tyson no matter when they meet.Be it the two previous scheduled meetings derailed by the Douglas KO or the rib injury or in 96'.Whatever the case I'm sure we would still hear how Tyson was not prime and falling off,etc etc.Stylistically he had his number,he would keep his head and not go swapping shot for shot,size compatible,speed and huge mental intangibles carry him over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with most that Evander just had his number at that time. A prime, focused Tyson was a good inside fighter and would throw fast combinations to the body in clinches, not just settle for the ref to break everytime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Tyson had beaten Douglas then fought Holyfield I really don't know who to pick. He didn't stick to boxing as much as he could have when he was drawn into a brawl back then and I don't know if he'd had been content to counter punch Mike like he did as he got older, he was a much smarter fighter when he fought Mike late in both their careers, a younger Holyfield was a lot more reckless and thats something that got him in trouble against Bowe.

I'll say if Tyson came in looking to throw his combos and looking to go to the body and head and use defense, yes he could beat Holyfield. But he hadn't been that fighter for a whole before Buster beat him, but he got through it because of his one punch power.

Tyson was already on the decline on that point and the only way he'd beat holyfield was if he came in fighting like he used to. But Don King killed that guys career, so as long as Don King is involved Tyson wouldn't have beaten Holyfield. Got rid of all his good trainers and people that would make him work his butt off, he'd be around promoting the fight and not training and with Don King while Holyfield trained like a demon from heck. So given the realistic circumstances it's hard to see Tyson winning, but it's not out of the question. It's just unlikely considering the way his career was going. Then again if Tyson had trained hard for douglas prior and beat him then I'd have a little more faith in him. If he got up for Douglas he'd do it maximumly for Holyfield.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson would lose badly to Holyfield in his next fight after Douglass. Because he would still have the same bum trainer in his corner. For Fukks sake an water balloon was applied to his swelling eye instead of an endswell in the Douglass fight!

You think he would be ready for an 28 year old in his prime Holyfield with those idiots training him and in his corner?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know i'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but Tyson should of gotten the W in the Douglas fight anyways, when he dropped Douglas it was a slow count, but credit to Buster to tough it out the way he did, and no, i don't think he'd ever beat Holyfield, he has Tyson's number, and both Foreman and Bowe would probably beat him also, Foreman with his long arms and thudding jab, followed by that hammer he called his right hand, would of knocked him silly, and Bowe with his jab would basically blind Tyson and hurt him on the inside

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love it how people say he was on the decline. He was 23. Could it not be the fact he had a lot of impressive wins over guys who had padded records, coupled with the fact he was a very intimidating person with spectacular knockout power that made it look like he was indestructable?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information