Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How good is Mayweather??

Quote Originally Posted by Cotto_Is_4_Real
    Not good enough to beat Cotto but PBF is smart enough to retire before he can prove me wrong. Did I say too smart? Maybe I should have said too big of a coward. There, that's better.
    Danny, I generally get a kick out of your posts, but you don't need to sabatoge every Floyd-related thread with this crap.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're lucky to have had him, nuff said.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're only good as your competition...I will likely get a few sad clicks for this but I'll say this anyways.
    Is Mayweather one of the best p4p boxers? Sure he is...but there is a disclaimer that goes with that...being his competition.

His greatest win to date was NOT Hatton as that was a 'gimme' IMO. I've stated before that Mayweather would run through Hatton with ease. All you had to do was watch the Hatton fight against the feather fisted Collazo (Hatton was rocked badly in that fight) to see that. IMO, his greatest win was against an undefeated Corralles (RIP) and Castillo...BOTH who are not HOF imo. The rest of his competition, while great...cannot be compared to the fighters that SRL fought ie. Duran, Leonard, Hagler or the fighters that Ali fought ie. Liston, Foreman, Frazier.

Can anyone say that Mayweather has fought the caliber of competition of the legends mentioned above? A resounding NO IMO.

This is obviously not Mayweather's fault but I still beleive that he has not fought the toughest guys in his division being Cotto and in after a few more fights Williams should be up to par. Both of these fighters would cement Mayweather's legacy as beating the best in his division because as of right now, you can't say that he has.

Cotto vs PBF 2008 for fight of the year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    I would like to see it but then it would be now he should fight williams or Mosely or Cintron and so on so why not bow out now.
    No don't think so. I guess it would be it and It will go down as the only risk that Floyd took since his rematch with Castillo and his fight with Corrales. Other than that what great risks he took?

Don't tell me Oscar please.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    top 5 defensive fighter of all time
    I'd put Floyd as a Top 3 all-time defensive fighter, the other 2 being Pep and Whitaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    top 5 defensive fighter of all time, top 10 most skillful fighter of all time. 100 percent imo he really is a pleasure to watch, i have always said he was unbeatable at Superfeatherweight, now hopefully there won't be so much damn hating.

Mayber if he did not go out of his way to act like the P4P#1 ASS of all time he would not be bashed so much....Has nothing to do with his performance in the ring...I don't think there is a sane or at least half intelligent observer of the sport that can deny his talent....Everything else leaves much to be desired
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    I would like to see it but then it would be now he should fight williams or Mosely or Cintron and so on so why not bow out now.
    No don't think so. I guess it would be it and It will go down as the only risk that Floyd took since his rematch with Castillo and his fight with Corrales. Other than that what great risks he took?

Oscar yes he was a risk and Hatton was a big risk aswell

ICB Guest

[/quote]

[/quote]

loyd took since his rematch with Castillo and his fight with Corrales. Other than that what great risks he took?

Why can't i mention Oscar De La Hoya ?? of course that was a risk Mayweather moved up to a weight class he has never fought at before so how can't that be a risk ??

Genaro Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    Diego Corrales
    Jose Luis Castillo
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Jesus Chavez
    Phillip N'dou = Because of his high KO ratio it was a risk.
    Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is undisputed no.1 in the sport right now. He'll probably only fight agin if a massive fight can be made, it's up to Williams and Cotto to pull their fingers out and fight each other so the winner can force Floyd's hand.
    I don't think either fighter have made a serious effort to chase Floyd like Hatton did.

Thread Information