Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Lee v Howard Eastman next, then Steward wants Winky Wright v Andy Lee

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andy Lee v Howard Eastman next, then Steward wants Winky Wright v Andy Lee

If Winky came over here he would make a mint!!!

Last week Andy sold out 2000 in a half hour and the entire nation watched on TV and...they still don't really know him!!! A little more exposure (Eastman) and he's made it big!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andy Lee v Howard Eastman next, then Steward wants Winky Wright v Andy Lee

Watching Eastman is becoming difficult now. It used to be that he was simply frustrating, now its difficult for other reasons. He used to stand head and shoulders above every other middleweight in Europe, now he's getting beaten by the Wayne Elcocks of the world. He's going to go from one points loss to another.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is, Eastmans earning dough fighting these prospects.

Miranda aside he's hardly ever gonna get in trouble with these guys.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Lee will be able to stop Eastman. His height should allow him the benefit of not having to engage Eastman at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

winky beats him

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    How times changed Eastman used to be a top contender with good power, i remember Eastman being unlucky vs William Joppy, now Eastman is just a gatekeeper for prospects.
    How did you score that fight? I only saw that fight once, when it was live and it seems like a long time ago but I remember Eastman being lazy as hell more than unlucky.

I didn't keep a real close score, and don't remember it anyway but he just didn't do much, it wasn't like Joppy was impressive but he was awake. When Eastman finally woke up he got the KD but seemed like too little too late.

Anyway, as for Wright-Lee, Steward obviously thinks very highly of the kid. Then again if its too much too soon its not like he's gonna get KTFO, just will get a boxing lesson.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce View Post
    winky beats him
    You think so man? I'm not sure

Winky is a lot more seasoned...A lot!
    And there is no possible way of comparing opposition, but Winky has looked stale lately and Lee is looking like the next big thing.
    With Lee's advantage in power, size, speed and reach, and Winky's traditional advantage as the awkward southpaw negated by Lee's own stance, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee taking Winky at this advanced stage of his career...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    You think so man? I'm not sure

Winky is a lot more seasoned...A lot!
    And there is no possible way of comparing opposition, but Winky has looked stale lately and Lee is looking like the next big thing.
    With Lee's advantage in power, size, speed and reach, and Winky's traditional advantage as the awkward southpaw negated by Lee's own stance, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee taking Winky at this advanced stage of his career...
    Lee may be the next big thing, he may appear to be a force to be reckoned with but so was rey bautista and look what happened to him.. Now i understand that two totally different situations...but lee has not been tested by someone who i consider to be "dangerous". Until i see lee face some primo opposition before winky. I'll put my money on winky.

Seasoned yes...But i don't necessarily think thats bad thing. Where you say seasoned (as in old) i think of seasoned as experienced.
    He may not be the winky we seen in the mosley or trinidad fight but He is still a hell of a defensive fighter, and i think that will frustrate Lee till no end. Maybe i can see something different in lee after an eastman type fight. But as of right now, he hasn't faced many opponents with a Aggravating defense like winky wright. And to jump into a fight like that may expose things that
    Lets not write winky wright off because of a draw to JT and a loss to b-hop.

Both of those fights should of been scored differently (IMO)
    Last edited by Big_Deuce; 02-07-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I must admit Deuce I'm a little biased having shared a gym with Lee.

However, at this tage I do see him being something special. He has a good chin and good power of his own so I feel he is a force to be reckoned with. I think we'll see Eastmnan and Duddy vs. Lee before we see him in with the guys that threaten records. Those fights should be the convincing factor Lee needs, I think!

Well I see where you're coming from with your defence of Winky, he's a guy I like, the hands up style is in my opinion the m,ost ingenuitive defence implemented in boxing since Herol Graham, but the "seasoning" we both spoke of is the problem.
    Winky's not a huge guy and he's coming off to rough tough fights (with questionable scoring that went against him) I can't really see this helping Wink at all.

El Kabong Guest

Andy Lee has a great style to fight either guy, he's got a great arsenal of punches all with power and that will effectively end the fight with Eastman, I wouldn't be surprised if he KO'd him easily.

As for Winky Wright, all Winky has is defense and a 1-2, he doesn't utilize much else but he tries to take away his opponent's options and keep his strategy simple. Andy Lee has a sharp jab and a good left cross and he's a southpaw, he can move very well and I think his length benefits him in there vs Wright.

That being said he can still lose to these guys, he has to prove himself on a high level and this will do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Howard Eastman will be a great step up for Lee. He should be able to decision him easy. The question is how much of a show to put on. It can be a good thing for him to follow in Duddy's footsteps considering Duddy is the Irishman of the minute. If Lee can beat Eastman more soundly than Duddy did then he has more cache and perhaps can take some of Duddy's heat (maybe even call him out).

On the other hand, I think talking of fighting Wright is bold of Steward. Whether or not it happens is one thing, but it shows that there is more confidence behind Lee than Cintron. Sure, he's fighting Margarito, but for a champion it's now or never time for The Killer. Margarito is a test to prove whether or not he's really got his head in the game, whereas Lee is steadily advancing up the ladder and will be a much more dominant champion when his time comes.

But I think a Winky fight after Eastman would be too much too soon. I'd rather see him fight someone else first.

El Kabong Guest

Sure Winky is a tough and cagey fighter but he's not getting any younger or any stronger and with losses to Taylor and Hopkins, there just might be enough information out there on how to beat Winky.

I think Wright is a tough fight and maybe if Lee doesn't do as well with Eastman he could take on Sturm or someone like Asikainen or Sylvester to prime himself for Wright or Abraham.

I have no doubt right now that Andy Lee's game is on point enough to challenge the title holders but it's the mental and psychological parts that we really need to be reassured by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont rate Winky (as much as Winky rates himself!)

But Lee's not ready for that fight yet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I think Lee will be able to stop Eastman. His height should allow him the benefit of not having to engage Eastman at all.
    wouldnt disagree with that

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Watching Eastman is becoming difficult now. It used to be that he was simply frustrating, now its difficult for other reasons. He used to stand head and shoulders above every other middleweight in Europe, now he's getting beaten by the Wayne Elcocks of the world. He's going to go from one points loss to another.
    yeah sad to see really was a massive eastman fan in the day but those days have gone ... hes becoming a top level journy man now and thats a shame.

Thread Information