Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Disappointed in Guerrero

I think Daud would have beaten Guerrero.
    Gotta be honest have never been a fan of Guerrero and I think he's there for the taking.
    I've seen Daud fight and the kids got talent, I think with some good promoting and training he's a future contender for sure.
    He's had high praises from Asian since last year.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I think Daud would have beaten Guerrero.
    Gotta be honest have never been a fan of Guerrero and I think he's there for the taking.
    I've seen Daud fight and the kids got talent, I think with some good promoting and training he's a future contender for sure.
    He's had high praises from Asian since last year.
    Have never seen him prior but got that same subtle impression.Dude is skilled going forward and back,had Guerrero puzzled & reacting as early as it was.Looked capable on the inside with Guerrero.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the stoppage was a bit weak. Guerrero played by the rule book but you would have thought he would try and put up a show with the crowd expecting a decent fight. A little bit too safety first, not a nice cut but Ive seen much worse than that.

SigmaMu Guest

Guerrero in Spanish literally means warrior.
    When the fight was stopped due to the head butt I was like WTF!? but after seeing the cut, I said ok I guess I will give him a pass but other fighters have gone on to fight with huge cuts and then after watching the Brinkley/Gilbert fight and watching how Joeys nose was broken and bent off it nasal track and yet he fought on and I remember one warrior (Israel Vazquez) quit right after getting his nose cracked so go figure, I did want to see Guerrero/Warrior get his ass kicked but I guess he opted to go by his other nick name and just make like a ghost and get the phuk out of the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight again. And it was indeed a nasty "Z" cut on his eyebrow. But he kept saying "I can't see" while the doc was looking at the cut. That's like saying "Fukk it, I give up".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a pretty nasty cut.......

So he could have fought on up til the end of round 4 and said he couldnt see and they fight would be declared no contest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he couldn't see than he couldn't see. Boxing is to dangerous to fight with only one eye. It was an ugly cut
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

El Kabong Guest

It was a horrible cut and just an awkward fight all together. I think his corner could have kept that cut at bay for a while but that Yordan guy was very tricky and it was going to take Robert too long to catch up with him on points.

It was just a bad situation, an accidental cut and an awkward fight

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    It does put his heart into a bit of question. The guy he was facing looked to be on a role and finding him with the body head combination. I think rob was on his way to losing his belt and took the easy way out. That cut stopped bleeding rather fast didnt it. Im sure had he made it to the end of the round they've have stopped the cut.
    He should have made it through the round and let his cutmen work on it, and call the fight off if they weren't able to fix it. I agree with the above post, the Indonesian looked like he was going to beat the Ghost especially with a cut on his eye, and Robert took the easy way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a pussy

does he not realise he was fighting on prime time american tv infront of millions of viewers??

HBO wont wanna touch him after he backed out so easily and can you really blame them??

Klitschko against lewis, the guy that fought thaxton last week, hatton against maussa - these are the kind of guys you wanna see fighting because they wont let anything stop them, especially not a tiny cut just above an eye
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was extremely disappointed that he couldn't/wouldn't continue, but I was also disappointed by the shitty refereeing - Daud's clinching and holding was the most predominant factor of the fight from the opening bell and I think if the ref would have been a little less liberal with that then the headbutt could have been prevented from the get-go. It was a nasty cut in a very bad place. I think he could have continued, yes, but it wasn't my eye blood was leaking into so I don't know how it was affecting him.

The Ghost's heart may be in question, yes, but I really can't blame him - anyone familiar with his personal life couldn't possibly blame him. I just hope he can rebound from the negative publicity this will cause and get another shot, cause he's one hell of a fighter, a classy guy, and can be very exciting to watch.

@hattonthehammer - c'mon man, there ain't no 'pussies' in pro boxing. Pussies in public forums, that's another question entirely

El Kabong Guest

I think Robert knew from the round and a half he went through that Daud was going to be difficult to beat because of how he would throw punches and clinch and his rhythm was all wrong for Robert.....if I was Guerrero's manager I would steer him clear of any rematch with that dude, it's not that Daud was all that great but he was just all wrong for Robert stylewise

Thread Information