532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Puerto Rico...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

I'm discrediting them?
    Cotto is one of my favorite fighters right now.

By the way... you are downright funny. Cotto is one of your favorite fighters right now? You could've fooled me. All you ever do is downgrade his victories, and talk about how he's overrated and stuff. And he's one of your favorite fighters? I'd hate to be on your list of NOT favorite fighters.

You'd make me laugh, if your bias wasn't so transparent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Puerto Rico...

Look back, how am I biased? Well I am biased, but only to the better fighter. Just because I don't think Cotto is a god doesn't mean I don't think he is one of the funnest fighters to watch. I love body work, and I honestly never seen anybody go to the body like he does when he has the oppertunity to. I mean who else that small dislocates shoulders and elbows of guys consistently? I love how he beat Mosley, I think he is a great fighter, but he still folded against Margarito. I am not trying to sound condescending or hateful towards Puerto Ricans, where you are from doesn't matter to me, hell look at where I am from, if you told me Canadians are terrible at boxing, you won't find me getting all wound up. I am not even saying that, I am just saying that Puerto Rico hasn't produced that elite top 20 p4p ever type fighter. Pacquiao is the only guy since Duran and Leonard thats managed to do that. All my favorites Mayweather, Roy Jones JR, Whitaker, Hopkins aren't even close, and I accept that. They could be as good as Pacquiao, as could Benitez, but people unforunately aren't judged on how good they are when it comes to ATG ranking, they are judged on what they've done, and how they've done it. Based on how Benitez did without training he is as good as Leonard or Hearns IMO, and his fight against Duran sort of showed that, but a fighter is accountable for being prepared for fights, and he didn't do that. We don't truly know how he would stack up because he could be one of those freak athletes that doesn't need to train, like Jim Taylor in football. Jerry Rice would work his ass off in the off season, and Jim Taylor wouldn't do anything and he would be roughly in the same shape as he was the year before. Obviously he didn't accomplish anything close to what Jerry Rice did, but it was easier for him to maintain his conditioning.
    Last edited by Taeth; 06-02-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Thread Information