0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clottey: "Margarito wasn't using loaded gloves on me"

Quote Originally Posted by XaduBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

And to Clottey's own words "he (Margarito) never hurt me..."

Maybe Team Margcheat used the wrong formula, it never hardened...
    The wrap he was accused of trying to use against Mosely never hardened either but he still got banned
    From what I understand, that powder mixture once successfully loaded inside the gloves will become concrete-like later in the fight...

i was under the same pretence

If tony had been using this for the past few years then how the hell did either the opposing trainers or even the refs not discover this?

It can only be a moulding powder/gel that formulates itself while under wrap and comes into play from around 6-7 onwards when it becomes a hardened like shell.

Cotto didnt even flinch in the 1st half of their fight yet seemed to completely lose his punch resistance from 7 onwards.
    one dangerous horrible bloke

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Wow Clottey is really honest, and actually knows what he is talking about, that is very refreshing to see, I always suspected Margarito wasn't wearing loaded gloves on Clottey just because he didn't damage Clottey that much.

They have been seen working on a new formula

They are trying to pretend they are working but I know what they are up to.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaMu View Post
    Wow Clottey is really honest, and actually knows what he is talking about, that is very refreshing to see, I always suspected Margarito wasn't wearing loaded gloves on Clottey just because he didn't damage Clottey that much.

They have been seen working on a new formula

They are trying to pretend they are working but I know what they are up to.

ha ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally don't think Margarito used Plaster wraps before the fight with Mosley.

I wouldn't count it out though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always thought of margarito as a guy who hurt you with more punches, not just one. So i dont know, youd think if he had loaded gloves then every punch would be a one punch ko waiting to happen.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    I always thought of margarito as a guy who hurt you with more punches, not just one. So i dont know, youd think if he had loaded gloves then every punch would be a one punch ko waiting to happen.
    Not really, it would increase the damage, but not substantially, at least not in terms of blunt force, it would do more physical damage in terms of busting a guy up though. It would feel much harder, but it wouldn't be much landing harder, thus the brain wouldn't move a whole lot more, and a one punch ko would still be unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

The wrap he was accused of trying to use against Mosely never hardened either but he still got banned
    From what I understand, that powder mixture once successfully loaded inside the gloves will become concrete-like later in the fight...

i was under the same pretence

If tony had been using this for the past few years then how the hell did either the opposing trainers or even the refs not discover this?

It can only be a moulding powder/gel that formulates itself while under wrap and comes into play from around 6-7 onwards when it becomes a hardened like shell.

Cotto didnt even flinch in the 1st half of their fight yet seemed to completely lose his punch resistance from 7 onwards.
    Most coaches trust the commission to do their job properly, even Cotto admitted his corner didn't go and watch Margarito wrap his hands. Even for the Mosley fight the wrap inspectors watched Margarito do it the first time, and Richardson found something in the wraps, thats because Arum has so much control in Vegas, he probably controls a lot of what goes on. Boxing isn't a sport that is totally without corruption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    I personally don't think Margarito used Plaster wraps before the fight with Mosley.

Ive said all along there should be no middle ground in this debate

if there is no conclusive evidence that antonio had indeed used some kind of substance in his wraps then he should still be fighting now.

If however there is sufficent enough belief that he had indeed been endangering peoples lives by doing this then he should never be allowed in a boxing ring whether it be professional or any other variety!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Not really, it would increase the damage, but not substantially, at least not in terms of blunt force, it would do more physical damage in terms of busting a guy up though. It would feel much harder, but it wouldn't be much landing harder, thus the brain wouldn't move a whole lot more, and a one punch ko would still be unlikely.
    I dont know about that mate, if guy hits you with brass knuckles on his fist, its going to hit at the same force as a normal punch but if hit on the chin....way more of a chance of a ko because there is less give. Knuckles and hands give in a bit when punching but something more solid wouldnt and would make a greater force
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

You have got to be kidding me, did you see Sebastian Lujan's ear ? and your telling me thats normal ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok then ice explain to me why Clotty, Williams nothing ever happen really. I mean there are alot of rights were it does not seem like Margarito was destroying his oppents so i dont see how you could say used it everytime. Because the results are so different everytime he fights so i dont know. I mean Cotto was prone to cut and gass in late rounds and Cintron was always kinda week mental but who knows thats the whole point.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Ok then ice explain to me why Clotty, Williams nothing ever happen really. I mean there are alot of rights were it does not seem like Margarito was destroying his oppents so i dont see how you could say used it everytime. Because the results are so different everytime he fights so i dont know. I mean Cotto was prone to cut and gass in late rounds and Cintron was always kinda week mental but who knows thats the whole point.
    I never said he used it all the time, i was saying its pretty gullible to think he only used it for the Shane Mosley fight. And the Sebastian Lujan fight is a perfect example, i've never seen anything like that in my life.

SigmaMu Guest

Why did this thread get moved to the Manny Pacquiao section? What does this have to do with Manny?

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaMu View Post
    Why did this thread get moved to the Manny Pacquiao section? What does this have to do with Manny?
    it was posted by Xaduboxer so i moved it without looking... the agenda was pac but it never got picked up on so my mistake you can have it back

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats why it is confusing why would he pick to use it once in a while i find it strange he just picks random times to do it seems strange does it not.

Thread Information