Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michal Vick signs with Eagles!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michal Vick signs with Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but killing dogs is something I find hard to forgive.

It's a personal issue that I can't get past. I don't blame anyone for still being a fan. I'm just pleased he won't be doning the uniform that I love.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    [mmm Ibeabuchi intentionally and permanently injures the child of his ex-girlfriend and gets two months. Vick serves two years for crimes against dogs, but you are having more of a problem forgiving Vick?
    Yes.

If that makes me a sociopath than so be it. I can't change how I feel in my heart, I can only tell the truth or lie.

What Vick did to those umpteen and some dogs hurts me more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand what you are saying, but killing dogs is something I find hard to forgive.

It's a personal issue that I can't get past. I don't blame anyone for still being a fan. I'm just pleased he won't be doning the uniform that I love.
    [mmm Ibeabuchi intentionally and permanently injures the child of his ex-girlfriend and gets two months. Vick serves two years for crimes against dogs, but you are having more of a problem forgiving Vick?
    Yes.

If that makes me a sociopath than so be it. I can't change how I feel in my heart, I can only tell the truth or lie.

What Vick did to those umpteen and some dogs hurts me more.
    ok bud, I don't hold it against you or anything. It's your choice, props for standing behind your statements. It's just that a lot of times when you ask people to examine closely what they are saying, they start to waver, or maybe hypocricy comes into play, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Good luck to him but personally, I would never, for ethical reasons, hire nobody who did what he did, he perhaps paid enough socially and moneywise as he must refund the Falcons a lot of millions but it is not a good reason enough to hire him into my team.
    So there is no price he can pay then that is big enough for you? By "my team", you mean a public sports team? What about it was your private business. Dude could make you millions of dollars but you wouldn't hire him cause he did something that offended you. I suppose it would be the same if he assaulted some someone out in a bar without just cause, or was convicted of drinking and driving, or slapped his wife, or uttered racist epithets, or threatened someone with a weapon, or sold crystal meth, or robbed a bank, or hunted a seal, or ...
    Getting animals to cruelly fight against each others, denying the facts till your allies spit the bit and then admit your lies is one of the many reasons, then to ask your second post as "where does it stop", i would need 50 pages to illustrate all the cases and the exceptions included but I think that making money on dying and battered animals and lying about it is a severe enough offense to not hire the guy, which is (for example) a lot more severe than a guy saying a mysoginistic comment into the heat of action and get to apologize after, what the guy did was programmed, carefully planned with in mind every steps of the plan.
    As for "my team", I meant if I would own a professional team or whatsoever (which of course I don't for obvious reasons).
    NOw for the opportunity to make money, there is tons of talented guy who could be very good QB starter, it's not like if there would be only one name in the hat, Michael Vick, and that I would have either to pick him or have no QB at all, there is tons of potentially talented guy who could carry the torch correctly.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did the crime. Did the time. I have no problem with him going back and playing football.

One of the silliest arguements for him not to be allowed came from a guy on CNN, a call in. Guy was upset cuz he "works 70 hrs a week, 2 jobs, to barely pay his bills, and it isn't fair that Vick can come out and go right back to making millions." When he has it so rough!

Well duh, cuz that's his job fukface. Sux you ended up with that plot in life and you aren't happy abot it, but c'mon. No need to project your disatisfaction with self on others. Am sure if this guy got busted for something and did a bit of time, would be expecting/hoping for a shot at those 2 shitty jobs again. You weren't and aren't ever going to make millions, buddeh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck to him but personally, I would never, for ethical reasons, hire nobody who did what he did, he perhaps paid enough socially and moneywise as he must refund the Falcons a lot of millions but it is not a good reason enough to hire him into my team.
    So there is no price he can pay then that is big enough for you? By "my team", you mean a public sports team? What about it was your private business. Dude could make you millions of dollars but you wouldn't hire him cause he did something that offended you. I suppose it would be the same if he assaulted some someone out in a bar without just cause, or was convicted of drinking and driving, or slapped his wife, or uttered racist epithets, or threatened someone with a weapon, or sold crystal meth, or robbed a bank, or hunted a seal, or ...
    Getting animals to cruelly fight against each others, denying the facts till your allies spit the bit and then admit your lies is one of the many reasons, then to ask your second post as "where does it stop", i would need 50 pages to illustrate all the cases and the exceptions included but I think that making money on dying and battered animals and lying about it is a severe enough offense to not hire the guy, which is (for example) a lot more severe than a guy saying a mysoginistic comment into the heat of action and get to apologize after, what the guy did was programmed, carefully planned with in mind every steps of the plan.
    As for "my team", I meant if I would own a professional team or whatsoever (which of course I don't for obvious reasons).
    NOw for the opportunity to make money, there is tons of talented guy who could be very good QB starter, it's not like if there would be only one name in the hat, Michael Vick, and that I would have either to pick him or have no QB at all, there is tons of potentially talented guy who could carry the torch correctly.
    Well obvious to you maybe.

You don't seem to want much to do with the guy regardless of whether or not he's done his time, or showed repentance or whatever well that's your perogative, you're probably not alone in that regard.

Anyways, some people will never forgive the guy. There are probably some who may will never watch another Eagles game just on principle. But the majority will forget soon enough if he starts winning games for them.

regards.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't seem to want much to do with the guy regardless of whether or not he's done his time, or showed repentance or whatever well that's your perogative, you're probably not alone in that regard.

Anyways, some people will never forgive the guy. There are probably some who may will never watch another Eagles game just on principle. But the majority will forget soon enough if he starts winning games for them.

regards.
    Personally, I don't care if he finds a job again, good for him, I don't care neither if he has a brand new 1 million fans legion behind him, good for him too, but what he did couldn't fit with the image I would want to give to my team and the message I would want to send to my players (if I would own a team of course), to me such acts do not fit in my code of ethics, the guy could be forgiven but surely not forgotten and there would be no locker for him under my govern, if the big rival team want to hire him that's all their business and I would hope for him that he'll seek redemption over there and get back to the basics instead of wasting this potential second chance.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

regards.
    Personally, I don't care if he finds a job again, good for him, I don't care neither if he has a brand new 1 million fans legion behind him, good for him too, but what he did couldn't fit with the image I would want to give to my team and the message I would want to send to my players (if I would own a team of course), to me such acts do not fit in my code of ethics, the guy could be forgiven but surely not forgotten and there would be no locker for him under my govern, if the big rival team want to hire him that's all their business and I would hope for him that he'll seek redemption over there and get back to the basics instead of wasting this potential second chance.
    blah blah blah. crime doesn't fit into most people's ethics, so what. I don't care that you don't care.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

regards.
    blah blah blah. crime doesn't fit into most people's ethics, so what. I don't care that you don't care.
    Fair enough, but the "bla bla" thing was a bit scornful considering that I took my time to answer you with an articulate answer backed up with arguments.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone see him on 60 minutes tonight?He said some of the right things but was very scripted...took owner ship of what he did mostly but also deflected some,sounds like he still needs to grow.I didn't realize he screwed his old coach over like that.Where's Mike Singletary when you need him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, who needs him when you have McNabb btw.
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

espn.com's main headlines made me laugh

start from the top

*Bolt's 9.58 at worlds shatters 100m record
    *Vick says he cried in prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll tell you what if Mcnab starts screwing up and not playing well for some reason this year the Fans in philly are going to be calling for Vick witch could in turn start a QB controversy. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this to see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post
    I'll tell you what if Mcnab starts screwing up and not playing well for some reason this year the Fans in philly are going to be calling for Vick witch could in turn start a QB controversy. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this to see what happens.
    I thought the same thing. But who knows he might just be a replacment for Mcnabb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    I thought the same thing. But who knows he might just be a replacment for Mcnabb.
    Thats true he could be. Mcnabb seems to get hurt and misses a few games every year, so Vicks gonna see the field I would bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    Thats true he could be. Mcnabb seems to get hurt and misses a few games every year, so Vicks gonna see the field I would bet.
    I hope they dont start Vick too soon. Im sure hes rusty. Maybe they will let him do a few plays against the Colts. Either way i cant wait to see Vick back in action, theres never a dull moment when he plays.

Thread Information