Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Manny is excited that Cotto is excited about beating up Mayorga.

Iv read a few times that Manny is concerened that regardless of fitness he thinks Mayorga will be dangerous early and that he will be huge compared to Cotto. I remember watching the Mosley fight and hearing Steward being suprised at how long Mayorga was able to box the way de did. He expected him to tire early and was surprised how he made Shane look shite, took his shots and had Shane worried about his power. He knows that Mayorga could take his man if he trains. when Steward got up and spoke, I thought that made Cotto look a little week, like Steward felt he needed to do that.

I also notice how everyone is saying "If Mayorga trains, its going to be very interesting".

I think thats because everyone deep down accepts that Mayorga at his best beats Cotto. Even though this is a 37 year old Mayorga coming off over 2 years out and a KO. He is still seen as a threat to cotto.

I think Coto is too small and easily manhandled by someone Mayorgas size to be fighting at this weight. Mayorga just proved he can throw around and beat up a natural strong middle. Hes now going against a natural welter who fades when pressured.

Cotto sounded very nervous, he had a crackled wobly voice and was swallowing constantly while sat when Mayorga was calling him a girl

Steward knows the reality of the situation and is praying that Mayorga doesnt train

Look at one of the interviews after the coonference, cotto is asked about Mayorgas wild style and he stutters and just says that Steward will plan everything. I think he might just start caving in during the fight when Mayorga is landing heavy shot after heavy shot and keeps coming
    Reading this I guess that this is the first time you hear Cotto speaking. Yes, Cotto has to be careful of a wild shot, but remember this is boxing. About the comment about Manny making the strategy, Cotto makes his work (TRAIN) and let the promoters and trainers do their job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Oh, come on! Mayorga was way done at this level back in 08' He can't keep up with Cotto, even though Cotto has slipped some. Mayorga used to have a granite chin, but no more. Cotto will box Mayorga at first and then KO him by about the 6th round. If he makes weight it will be surprising.
    Tito made cotton candy of the granite ;-)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Mayorga - Top Rank Trailer

Emmanuel Stewart has disliked Mayorga for a long time now. Ever since he was asked to train Mayorga and stormed out saying "This guy can't fight !". Stewart is a bitch, a liar, and a lil whore for hire. He dumps his fighters as soon as they lose, and steals guys from their career long trainers once they reach the top.

I really hope Mayorga makes Stewart eat his words.

Emmanuel had no place getting up and talking shit at the press conference.

Mayorga is a live under dog in this fight. This isn't Tito or Oscar. Cotto was/is a very good boxer but he was never on that level. He squeeked out a victory over Mosley, and beat up Judah and those are his biggest wins.

He is no doubt the superior boxer, but he is also the much smaller man, with a very questionable defense, who has taken some truly horrid beatings as of late.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Emmanuel Stewart has disliked Mayorga for a long time now. Ever since he was asked to train Mayorga and stormed out saying "This guy can't fight !". Stewart is a bitch, a liar, and a lil whore for hire. He dumps his fighters as soon as they lose, and steals guys from their career long trainers once they reach the top.

Mayorga is a live under dog in this fight. This isn't Tito or Oscar. Cotto was/is a very good boxer but he was never on that level. He squeeked out a victory over Mosley, and beat up Judah and those are his biggest wins.

He is no doubt the superior boxer, but he is also the much smaller man, with a very questionable defense, who has taken some truly horrid beatings as of late.
    Mayorga's biggest wins are a lucky punch KO against Forrest and a gift against him in the rematch, he'll always be known as the guy who smokes, talks massive amounts of shit, and then gets KTFO against a real elite fighter as he did against DLH, Trinidad, and Mosley
    it'll be no different this time around, but whatever, let the guy run his mouth all he wants, cause after he's ko'd (again) he'll be tucking his tail between his legs as if it were Cesar Milan in there with him (yet again)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Mayorga's biggest wins are a lucky punch KO against Forrest and a gift against him in the rematch, he'll always be known as the guy who smokes, talks massive amounts of shit, and then gets KTFO against a real elite fighter as he did against DLH, Trinidad, and Mosley
    it'll be no different this time around, but whatever, let the guy run his mouth all he wants, cause after he's ko'd (again) he'll be tucking his tail between his legs as if it were Cesar Milan in there with him (yet again)
    Are you really going to pretend to be one of those people who thinks Mayorga didn't win the rematch with Forrest ? I mean really ? He clearly won that fight.

Mayorga's biggest wins are knocking out HBO's golden boy, Andrew "six heads" Lewis, then knocking out Vernon Forrest who was nearly P4P best in the world at the time, beating him the rematch, beating Cory Spinks EASY and getn blatently robbed, and retiring Fernando Vargas. Michelle Piccarilo wasn't' a bad win either, seein as he was a former world champion. Forrest def whooped Piccarillo worse tho.

I like Cotto. I do. But Mayorga is my favorite fighter and I am backing him in this one. He has a real shot in this fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayorga KO12, take a knee. Mayorga is a nice guy he said he is gonna end Cotto's mother's suffering from watching her son take those beatings, she can be at peace after this fight when he ends his career.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you really going to pretend to be one of those people who thinks Mayorga didn't win the rematch with Forrest ? I mean really ? He clearly won that fight.

Mayorga's biggest wins are knocking out HBO's golden boy, Andrew "six heads" Lewis, then knocking out Vernon Forrest who was nearly P4P best in the world at the time, beating him the rematch, beating Cory Spinks EASY and getn blatently robbed, and retiring Fernando Vargas. Michelle Piccarilo wasn't' a bad win either, seein as he was a former world champion. Forrest def whooped Piccarillo worse tho.

I like Cotto. I do. But Mayorga is my favorite fighter and I am backing him in this one. He has a real shot in this fight.
    are you kidding me? Spinks clearly beat Mayorga, and Vargas' back retired him, a prime Vargas would have also knocked Mayorga the fuck out

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are you kidding me? Spinks clearly beat Mayorga, and Vargas' back retired him, a prime Vargas would have also knocked Mayorga the fuck out
    Spinks lost 10 out of 12 rounds and was knocked down 3 times with Mayorga not getting credit for any of the knockdowns.

It was such a clear Mayorga win that I was shocked when he was robbed of the decision.

And I agree a prime Vargas would beat Mayorga. Vargas was more talented and a true 154 lber.

Prime Vargas would have also knocked Cotto the fuck out. Quite easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one thing is for sure...mayorga can certainly hype a fight lol

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Oh, come on! Mayorga was way done at this level back in 08' He can't keep up with Cotto, even though Cotto has slipped some. Mayorga used to have a granite chin, but no more. Cotto will box Mayorga at first and then KO him by about the 6th round. If he makes weight it will be surprising.
    Tito made cotton candy of the granite ;-)

Mayorga still has a very good chin. Tito stopped Mayorga with body shots. Iv said it before but I dont think David Haye would have taken that many clean shots to the head from Tito as Mayorga did in that fight. It always been his fitness that lets him down. Even the left hook that Oscar dropped him with, he got back up and ate a shit load more.

There hasnt been any losses where Mayorga has been just been stopped out of the blue. Against Mosley he tired and would have been pushed over in the last and I believe had he known there was just one second left in the round, he would have got up.

This time though he has had a recent fight where he fought 9 rounds.

Cotto is not the puncher that De La Hoya, Trinidad or Mosley are, he doesnt take as good a shot as any of these either and is smaller than all of them too. He wont have the strength to keep Mayorga off him and I agree Steward just doesnt like Mayorga. He sounded like an angry housewife or a mum sticking up for her wimpy child when he spoke for Cotto! He is going to hate the fact that Arum chose Mayorga of all people to beat up Cotto First Mayorga will beat one of his fighters and second, robbing Steward of getting money for the following fights Cotto could have had!
    Last edited by ross; 01-21-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if he got up against Shane he would have still lost on the cards. It was a damn close fight though, and alot of people here on saddos thought Mayorga was up on points at the time of the KO. I thought Cotto was lucky to get the win vs Shane, I think I had it a 1 point win for Shane. So judging by common opponent it should be a good fight, Mayorga can box better than people give him credit for. He was schooling Vargas(yeah a washed up Vargas but still). He should have got the win against Spinks, seemed like the ref was just looking for anything to deduct points. I'll have to watch that again because its been awhile and I think I missed the first few rounds. I think this will be a early contender for FOTY if Mayorga gets in good shape.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    if Mayorga gets in good shape.
    This what my thinking is depending on. Im hoping that the recent fight has given him a good spring board to jump in to this camp in relatively good shape and bearing in mind a win puts him in line for a fight with Pacquiao I think he might just train for this fight!

Mayorga on his day makes Cotto quit faster than he did with Margarito. In fact I dont think Cotto will get the choice to quit. Mayorga will be the heaviest puncher that Cotto has faced.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    if Mayorga gets in good shape.
    This what my thinking is depending on. Im hoping that the recent fight has given him a good spring board to jump in to this camp in relatively good shape and bearing in mind a win puts him in line for a fight with Pacquiao I think he might just train for this fight!

Mayorga on his day makes Cotto quit faster than he did with Margarito. In fact I dont think Cotto will get the choice to quit. Mayorga will be the heaviest puncher that Cotto has faced.
    Mosley hits a hell of a lot harder than Mayorga, as well as Margarito with his loaded gloves , like i said Cotto will stop him and make him bitch out as he did against DLH, and well when that happens you'll be nowhere to be found

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley hits a hell of a lot harder than Mayorga, as well as Margarito with his loaded gloves , like i said Cotto will stop him and make him bitch out as he did against DLH, and well when that happens you'll be nowhere to be found
    No.

Mayorgas heavy punches made Forrest wilt and fight cautious. Vernon walked through Mosleys. De La Hoya has stated that Mayorga has "very heavy hands" but hes never comented on Shanes power. Shane is quick but he doesnt hit as hard as Ricardo

Spinks ate Taylors punches up but got dropped by Mayorga. Vargas got dropped twice by Mayorga but Mosley couldnt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No.

Mayorgas heavy punches made Forrest wilt and fight cautious. Vernon walked through Mosleys. De La Hoya has stated that Mayorga has "very heavy hands" but hes never comented on Shanes power. Shane is quick but he doesnt hit as hard as Ricardo

Spinks ate Taylors punches up but got dropped by Mayorga. Vargas got dropped twice by Mayorga but Mosley couldnt.
    hahaha what punches? there were like 20 punches combined the entire fight, Mayorga beat a shot Vargas with a fucked up back by Majority Decision, Mosley won by stoppage, then by a ONE PUNCH KNOCKOUT in the rematch! only guy he beat by KO which is a standout is Forrest who didn't take the fight seriously, nice try though

Thread Information